• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption HD on its way to PS4, X1, and PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyamr

(IF this is happening / is real at all) It doesn't make sense to show a remaster of RDR unless they are showing a sequel for the new consoles.
So either RDRR is happening later in the week or at the show along with a sequel for the newer consoles.
Just a thought.

edit: btw, I'm talking about the PS Meeting on Sept 7.

Grief.exe

(IF this is happening / is real at all) It doesn't make sense to show a remaster of RDR unless they are showing a sequel for the new consoles.
So either RDRR is happening later in the week or at the show along with a sequel for the newer consoles.
Just a thought.

Red Dead has been labeled a pillar franchise for several 2K quarterly reports in a row. A remaster into a sequel has been a distinct possibility for a long time.

Red Dead showing up is the new "The Last Guardian is totally going to be at this show"

Still would be down for Red Dead Redemption Remastered

RDRR

VdspfWa.gif

R D R R

Get it Bart? It's been over 20 years since I've watched that episode but I was immediately able to pull that out. Don't ask me how old my mom is though because without doing the math I can only give you a ballpark estimate.

Onto the topic at hand, it'll be nice to finally play this game in actual HD on a PlayStation platform.

shit glad I didn't start playing RDR on xbox one this weekend, will wait for remaster if true

this is like the 7th or 8th time though we have seen this rumor of a RDR remaster :( everytime it gets shot down with people saying the code is an absolute mess and held together with string and duct tape.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Eh, the Xbox backward compatible version not only holds up incredibly well visually, but also plays like a dream. I wouldn't buy this at release unless it's cheap.

joms5

No its 1280x720 with 2x MSAA on 360

If people really think that 720 is considered hd in this day and age i feel bad for you. PC players have been playing games in hd since 2001. 720p is no longer considered hd to most. Argue semantics all you want, but the 360/PS3 versions are a muddy, jaggy mess.

If this does come to pass I cant wait for the comparison screenshots to prove everyone wrong.

Need this on PC. Tried out the PS3 version for the first time after finishing it a few years ago, it's fucking abysmal. Constant sub-30fps and terrible IQ due to the low resolution.

ISOM

Been waiting for a pc version for so long. I don't feel like rebuying xbox 360 or a ps3 for just one game so I hope this is true.

btrboyev

If people really think that 720 is considered hd in this day and age i feel bad for you. PC players have been playing games in hd since 2001. 720p is no longer considered hd to most. Argue semantics all you want, but the 360/PS3 versions are a muddy, jaggy mess.

If this does come to pass I cant wait for the comparison screenshots to prove everyone wrong.

720p is hd. Feel bad all you want, but you are still wrong.

inner-G

Banned
I feel like we've heard this so many times - I can't get excited until it's real.

Replaying RDR in 1440p though? HNNNGGGGgg

If people really think that 720 is considered hd in this day and age i feel bad for you
Are you saying 720p is standard definition?

It isn't 4:3 and won't play on an SDTV. You're totally wrong.

Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC Please come to PC

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I so hope this is true! If it comes to PC i will be there day 1. Even if it just comes to ps4 i'll be happy! I still have it for 360 but would love to play it at 1080/1440p 60fps with better graphics.

Eh, the Xbox backward compatible version not only holds up incredibly well visually, but also plays like a dream. I wouldn't buy this at release unless it's cheap.

So true, but I have to admit that I'd buy it. I'm down to support this franchise in any way possible. It would be nice if they threw in some additional content to sweeten the deal though.

720p 30fps? Meh, it's what stopped me playing the game through my PS3 and deciding to wait for the PC version.

Bad decision in hindsight but it might still pay off!

It makes plenty of sense. We are getting Bioshock remasters without a new Bioshock. We are getting a Skyrim remaster and are probably still years away from a new Elder Scrolls. Hell we got a GTA5 remaster/port with no new GTA anywhere in sight. Remasters are hot right now. That's not to say a sequel to RDR probably isn't in the works, that and the remaster aren't necessarily tied together.

pelican

It is possible, but I think it is doubtful due to the recent BC move on the XO.

R* really aren't in the habit of "remasters".

edit - Scratch that, Bully came out on the 360.

joms5

720p is hd. Feel bad all you want, but you are still wrong.

If a game was announced playable in HD, and it only came in 720p, you would be fine with this?

Stop trying to act as if 720p is acceptable just to win your argument.

It's 2016, get with the times.

Also where did I say it was SD?!?
Reading comprehension is lacking. It's not SD, but it's not HD either. It's some outdated middle ground that developers had to just accept because they wanted fancier textures and effects over resolution.

All i'm saying is anyone saying the 360/PS3 version is acceptable to play over a remastered version is 100% incorrect.

inner-G

Banned
If a game was announced playable in HD, and it only came in 720p, you would be fine with this?

Stop trying to act as if 720p is acceptable just to win your argument.

It's 2016, get with the times.
Mario Kart 8 is 720p and looks great

So are many other games

Nzyme32

Full korean translation sounds like BS

When has Rockstar ever translated a game?

Grand Theft Auto 5 on Steam has Korean subtitles and interface - this is considered a full translation over previous games such as RDR that came with a physical book with the translated script, yet the game still using English subs

joms5

Mario Kart 8 is 720p and looks great

So are many other games

Nintendo games seem to look great in 720p just based on the art itself. It's more simplified and doesn't contain all the details that a game like RDR would.

Having said that I would rather have a 1080p version of MarioKart over a 720p version. NX should remedy that. Knock on wood.

For example:

gta-5-graphics-comparison.png

The detail, draw distance, textures, anti aliasing, etc. all make a huge difference going from a 720p last gen game to a 1080p improved last gen game. If this is true you can count on Rockstar to not rush it.

Edit: Changed the screenshot due to PC comparison being in 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom