• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Rockstar gearing up to release RDR1 on PC

YCoCg

OMG Rockstar Games held back a PC version of their game until they squeezed as much out of they can from console sales??

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE, WHAT A SHOCK!

But hey, GTA VI is still only going to be PS5 and Xbox Series right? They wouldn't pull this move again right? RIGHT?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
rofif rofif I saw your (stupid) comment on the other thread saying that it will need a login into R* launcher and PC players will be fine.

"requires rockstar login and launcher AND IT'S ALL FINE LOL"

Because you forgot something, R* will never, NEVER let you access the game without an account. As opposed to... let's say... Helldivers II right? So please, be smarter.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
PC gamers can enjoy RDR1 while console gamers enjoy GTA 6, win win situation.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So, can someone weigh in on how this compares to RDR2? I had a bad time with RDR2 mainly because of how opposed the open-world systems and the missions were and also that the game insisted upon itself at times, like tedious repetition of animations etc.
Is RDR1 more "video gamey"?

Edit: RDR2 also just did not feel good to control, which also has to do with animations taking precedence over player input too much.
Can't offer you a real answer but I hope that someone sees your post by quoting it.

All I can say is, a friend lent me his 360 to play this back in the day and I remember it beign a very, very good game. Might be on the top 3 Rockstar's best game ever, if not the best.

But yeah I played it maaany years ago so hopefully someone else can give us a better answer.

Hudo

Can't offer you a real answer but I hope that someone sees your post by quoting it.

All I can say is, a friend lent me his 360 to play this back in the day and I remember it beign a very, very good game. Might be on the top 3 Rockstar's best game ever, if not the best.

But yeah I played it maaany years ago so hopefully someone else can give us a better answer.
Thanks for bumping me up!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Thanks for bumping me up!
Nevermind! I'd also like to know. Had a great time with RDR2 but it's clear that they went with realism over fun gameplay. The slow animations where quite detrimental to the experience, even if they looked cool.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
The remaster is amazing on PS5 with FSR2. It will look bonkers at super high resolutions and unlocked frame rates on PC. I prefer this style to the fidelity of RDR2. Also, it’s much a better gamey game.
Just a bonkers take.

rofif

Banned
rofif rofif I saw your (stupid) comment on the other thread saying that it will need a login into R* launcher and PC players will be fine.

"requires rockstar login and launcher AND IT'S ALL FINE LOL"

Because you forgot something, R* will never, NEVER let you access the game without an account. As opposed to... let's say... Helldivers II right? So please, be smarter.
What's so stupid about my post?
Was it stupid that my 10yo gta4 purchase was patched with login and launcher? for a single player game?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
What's so stupid about my post?
Was it stupid that my 10yo gta4 purchase was patched with login and launcher? for a single player game?
Because what Sony did was stupid, you don't restrict access behind an account after letting people play the game. Now of course what R* did with GTA is stupid too and should not be accepted but the game being old didn't help to raise awareness tho.
And this is like the only one other example and you are bitching like it's a common practice to add an account AFTER the release of a game.

This is why.

Top Bottom