• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Ryan Phillippe to play Iron Fist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04...n-fist/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

his morning on the Howard Stern show, actor Ryan Phillippe told Howard that he was in talks with Marvel for something on Netflix. The 40-year old actor is currently starring in ABC’s Secrets And Lies… and ABC is owned by Disney. The major role that hasn’t been cast yet in the Netflix / Marvel deal is of course Daniel Rand / Iron Fist, Phillippe would definitely be a name to lead the fourth of the planned series. There has also been a rumor floating around about The Punisher joining the Netflix family of originals… he would make an interesting Frank Castle. Or maybe he is inline to be a villain… maybe even Bullseye for the second season of Daredevil.

Usually when an actor starts admitting he’s in talks for something, the talks are pretty far along. Hopefully we’ll hear more soon.

Hmm, so much for getting an Asian guy to play Iron Fist.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
There has also been a rumor floating around about The Punisher joining the Netflix family of originals… he would make an interesting Frank Castle. Or maybe he is inline to be a villain

This is the bigger news, do it Marvel.

There has also been a rumor floating around about The Punisher joining the Netflix family of originals… he would make an interesting Frank Castle. Or maybe he is inline to be a villain…

Whoa, I hope this happens. Please, Netflix/Marvel. Do it. Please.

maybe even Bullseye for the second season of Daredevil.

Bullseye for DD season 2 would be fantastic.

Sheroking

I would prefer an Asian-American actor 20 years younger than him for Danny.

I could see him making a good villain, though.

dabig2

Maybe it's a surprise Moon Knight announcement.

The whole point of the character is to be a privileged white dude that's a fish out of water. I rather they keep that trait true, despite it being the most cliche story trope out there.

Instead, I hope Rand finds and trains with Shang-Chi.

Salsa

6QA6cDn.gif

'I know Kung Fu'

Isak_Borg

This would be horrendous news.

Moon Knight most likely isn't going to happen because he's too close to Daredevil in methodology and it would hard to make each series distinct.

guek

Banned
I can dig it. As an Asian myself, an Asian Iron Fist would have been awesome but it's not absolutely necessary imo.

graffix13

While I do hope for more Asian actors being cast as superheroes, I really don't want one for Iron Fist. It just kinda plays into a stereotype.

Isn't the bigger rumor that Ryan Phillippe has a career still?

GDGF said:
Isn't that the guy from Cruel Intentions?

Yes it's Reese Witherspoons former husband. That bareass scene though....drool.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This would be horrendous news.

Moon Knight most likely isn't going to happen because he's too close to Daredevil in methodology and it would hard to make each series distinct.

Use Moon Knight to introduce supernatural elements into the MCU (along with Doctor Strange). For years Moon Knight's forte was werewolves and shit. Make it like Marvel's X-Files. It could work.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Isn't the bigger rumor that Ryan Phillippe has a career still?

Yes it's Reese Witherspoons former husband. That bareass scene though....drool.

Yeah that movie was all kinds of hot. And it introduced the young me to Placebo :)

Philippe was such a perv in that flick.

Azih

I'm just so tired of the Mighty Whitey trope that I really hope the Marvel-Netflix version of Iron Fist change the ethnicity.

Sephzilla

I'm just so tired of the Mighty Whitey trope that I really hope the Marvel-Netflix version of Iron Fist change the ethnicity.

Changing Iron Fist into an Asian honestly looks worse in my opinion because it then plays right into a stereotype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom