• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Super Street Fighter V is happening; free update for existing owners

Seijuro

didnt they say explictly that this is not gonna happen when they released it?

You are purchasing a "service" that adds stuff over time. If they should release a SSF5 disc version it will be the regular SF5 disc. They will charge you extra for Season Pass characters. Modes etc have always been free,

It's merely a marketing thing, if existing customers get it for free, no different than releasing a season 3 pass labelled "Super".

This. Nothing to see here but a fancy named 2018 Season Pass.

RedAssedApe

Banned
A reboot/relaunch/rename makes sense regardless of what they said at the beginning. As existing owners wouldn't be paying if this is true.

Q better have those defense buffing taunts

Defense? In SFV?

latest

mattp

A reboot/relaunch/rename makes sense regardless of what they said at the beginning. As existing owners wouldn't be paying if this is true.

yep

a re-launch with the super name is a great idea. assuming it is actually going to fix all the problems with the base game

Baleoce

The rumour doesn't mention anything about retail presence for Super. Even if some may assume that. That may be true, but it would also create its own set of problems with the business model Capcom have opted for.

Would they really go to retail with a Super edition and still only offer that consumer the original base roster?

Pompadour

Q better have those defense buffing taunts

Maybe if they tone down the boost. It's kind of ridiculous he could boost his health to twice as much as anyone else in the cast yet he was still bottom tier. It doesn't seem like a well designed mechanic in general.

E. Honda isn't in this, & I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he never makes it in (as I've said before, Honda's more iconic than popular). Though seeing as he's a World Warrior, he definitely has a chance at returning.
Honda would be mega redundant since Necalli essentially fills his niche.
Pinnacle of arse characters
Sean was great tho before they intentionally made him a joke character in 3S.

Q8D3vil

Interesting that they are going with one last hurrah.
Im guessing they are going to add considerable amount of content (all dlc and stages ) and going to sell it for a good price.

BadWolf

I already lost when Alex got put in the game so you're just kicking a dead body at this point

I gots no problems with that.

Would they really go to retail with a Super edition and still only offer that consumer the original base roster?

They could offer just that consumer (who bought SSFV new) more characters.

Those with the free upgrade will still need to purchase characters like normal.

Neoxon

The rumour doesn't mention anything about retail presence for Super. Even if some may assume that. That may be true, but it would also create its own set of problems with the business model Capcom have opted for.

It'd probably be a physical version of the Deluxe Edition (which includes the S1 & S2 characters) with maybe the stages & costumes (at least the story costumes) included. Maybe even throw in the S3 Character Pass.

Neoxon

Interesting that they are going with one last hurrah.
Im guessing they are going to add considerable amount of content (all dlc and stages ) and going yo sell it for a good price.
It wouldn't really be one last hurrah, more like a refresh. SFV still has another 3 years of DLC support.

Mupod

Didn't they scream this would never happen? :p

They said they wouldn't do something like SSF4 or UMVC3, where they released a new version and you had to buy that or pay for a DLC upgrade to keep playing. They specifically meant that SFV updates won't separate the playerbase. If they call the update Super SFV then that doesn't really mean anything but I guess people will get confused and complain about it anyways.

Bedlam

Haha oh well, my copy sits currently on Ebay. Too late I guess.

(if someone is interested and from Germany, I can provide the link :p )

I'm down. But if Sakura's default outfit better not be a schoolgirl outfit. We've moved on from the 90s.Totally fine as an alt, however.

Eidan

With an arcade mode, SFV has finally reached the standard of single player content reached by SFII over 25 years ago. Good job.

Top Bottom