• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Super Street Fighter V is happening; free update for existing owners

vg260

Call me when they remove the horrible filter that ruins the game graphics

There's a GDC panel onlne about their approach to the art design for the game and how they implement it with their tools, and I cringed when they showed how they applied the filter to the whole image and you see what it does to the backgrounds.

Also, this "rumor" does not deserve the attention as there's no credible proof any of it is real, and is not just piggybacking on existing speculation.

Skilletor

I can see them adding in the modes etc, but why would the characters be free - or are they separate?

I'd definately jump in for Oro, Q and Necro - but it all seems too good to be true.

They wouldn't be. Your probably get a disc with s1/2 content and the s3 characters would be the season pass for the game.

But with all of that s1/2 stuff, it'd be easy af to unlock the characters through playing.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.

sakuragrend.jpg

Shin

Banned
I'll gladly take SF5.

As would I, when SF4 was initially revealed I hated the graphics/artstyle with passion (coming from SF3).
SF5 looks a lot better and is sharper, I hope this update is real and the characters I listed earlier make their way at some point.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So could the relaunch and Re brand to Super Sfv come to Xbox or even Switch?
If they had cross play with PC that would be awesome so believe me that I'm all for it, however, Capcom barely has the manpower and budget to support the versions of the game that are already out so I don't know if they'd take the risk of introducing more versions.

BadWolf

If they had cross play with PC that would be awesome so believe me that I'm all for it, however, Capcom barely has the manpower and budget to support the versions of the game that are already out so I don't know if they'd take the risk of introducing more versions.

It's not about risk.

Sony funded the game.

It's the same reason you won't see Dead Rising 3 hit PS4 or Switch. It was made with MS money.

Timu

you realize it comboes and you can cancel it from many normals?

the easiest for me is crouching MP. if I am walking towards the enemy, I will rotate the pad down, hit MP, and then do the remaining 540 rotation (back, up, front, down, back, up) and hit punch again

it is not hard nor precise. it is just fast
Ok, that's cool, yeah, I don't play as Zangief too much compared to others so I didn't know that. Nice tips as well.

Baleoce

Everything is included in the free update except the Season 3 characters. S3 would have it's own Season Pass like the first two.

I don't think characters were mentioned as part of the update in the rumour. But giving everyone all the characters / skins thus far would undermine their own ecosystem and send out a weird message about what kind of business model they want this game to have going forward. I'm confused as it is already.

Disktrasa

Banned
Please let this be true, this game need a relaunch with all existing characters, stages etc. I Will be there day1, the gameplay in this one is the best in any fightinggame to this day.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's not about risk.

Sony funded the game.

It's the same reason you won't see Dead Rising 3 hit PS4 or Switch. It was made with MS money.
I know that but that's the boring answer that everyone should know by now. I was thinking what if the game's financial failure triggers an escape clause from the exclusivity deal or something. Even in that case I don't think other platforms would happen.

Looks like the right time for me to give in. USF2 has rekindled my love for SF. I still find SFV too robotic but I may change my mind once I've finally laid my hands on the game.

Gren

Sounds too good to be true.

I do think (and hope) that Menat/Eliza could be the next season 2 character.

And Capcom said there wouldn't be any other versions to this game but the one that already released. Not like anyone believed them lol

Imm0rt4l

If this was real, I'd be all for it - but I would hope that they'd rebalance the game and either restore some greatness to the shitty/stubby normals and completely nerfed AAs, or provide other defensive or movement options to make fighting more interesting in the game.
This is where I am with relation to sfv.

joe2187

Banned
I pray this is true. I'm actually excited about another story mode based on that leak

But the story mode turned Necalli and Charlie into super jobbers, they literally had no affect on anything and were just there as punching bags for filler.

Cant wait for Season 2 where Akuma is just a big teddy bear and Balrog opens an orphanage for young blonde boys.

Top Bottom