• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Super Street Fighter V is happening; free update for existing owners

Raw64life

Just sell me a disc with everything including costumes, stages etc on it, I'll gladly pay £50 for that

This.

The rumor sounds good, and I'll be tempted, but I'd still much prefer to make a one time purchase and get all the content on a disc as my physical property. I've already been waiting 18 months and I'll gladly wait another 18 months.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Riku has a history of piggybacking on credible leaks, so take everything he says with a massive grain of salt. The Abgail/Menat/Zeku leak originated from an EventHubs commenter way back in October.

For what it's worth, a few months ago he said that MvCI would be re-revealed at E3, which he was wrong about -- there was a big press tour in April. He also said that Leon, Captain Commando, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, and Songbird would be in MvCI, and as soon as the actual roster leaked he backpedaled and said all of those characters would be DLC. I personally don't think he knows anything.

Well there are someone else leaking SSFV is coming with some contents. Riku is also piggybacking on that too

zenspider

Would rather have variable V-Systems over CAs - most CAs feel so similar in utility, where another V-Skill/Trigger can open up new playstyles for a character.

Interesting rumor though.

cordy

Banned
Almost didn't recognize you without your animu avatar.
I would be legitimately surprised if they messed up a SCHOOLGIRL costume.

Like if there's one thing you can always count on Japanese game devs, it's that they know how to make schoolgirl outfits. That's like the one thing that's common across every major dev.
I'm sure they'll let you buy classic Sakura regardless of what happens.

I think they'll make her have a good schoolgirl costume.

But they know what the fans want. They know why people wanna see Sakura. People want to see her grow up, not be someone the same age as Cammy still acting like a kid.

Oh gotcha. I agree. I think Akuma is fine tho. He reminds me of Zodd and Zodd is cool

You can like him but nah I disagree.

Timu

I will never understand "But where's arcade mode tho?"

Fighting braindead CPU fights doesnt help you play better, and is just an excuse to unlock gallery art and nothing much else.
Braindead? Just put it on the hardest setting, problem solved!!!

BadWolf

Would rather have variable V-Systems over CAs - most CAs feel so similar in utility, where another V-Skill/Trigger can open up new playstyles for a character.

Interesting rumor though.

The V stuff would require a lot of character balance work.

CAs are easier to stick in.

I will re-download again for anything resembling these rumors. But, I'm either going to have to learn Guile, or pray Ryu is top tier again because I can't stand the meta of the game anymore, and I think those strong zoner types are the only ways to by pass it somewhat.

If this was real, I'd be all for it - but I would hope that they'd rebalance the game and either restore some greatness to the shitty/stubby normals and completely nerfed AAs, or provide other defensive or movement options to make fighting more interesting in the game.

Tain

It's the best excuse to shitpost SFV threads

The lack of arcade mode is a legitimate complaint: any major fighting game's arcade mode served as a better way to initially familiarize with the game than Survival, CPU Vs, or either of the Story modes. I even kinda like going for single credit clears occasionally and particularly enjoy flashy bullshit bosses.

But it's a legitimate complaint that is often incredibly overblown and used in a disingenuous way to shit up SF5 threads.

Fighting braindead CPU fights doesnt help you play better, and is just an excuse to unlock gallery art and nothing much else.
Not everyone plays fighting games to get better and go into competitive scene.

Arcade mode is fun for just playing the game for 30 minutes/an hour a day and enjoying your battles with CPU.

I will re-download again for anything resembling these rumors. But, I'm either going to have to learn Guile, or pray Ryu is top tier again because I can't stand the meta of the game anymore, and I think those strong zoner types are the only ways to by pass it somewhat.
Still seems so weird to me that a Ken player doesn't like SFV.

You have a "win round" option in the form of a CC st.hk into corner into throw loops!

ElFly

Yeah his is ridiculous, easiest way to do it is to do neutral jump while inputting the command.

you realize it comboes and you can cancel it from many normals?

the easiest for me is crouching MP. if I am walking towards the enemy, I will rotate the pad down, hit MP, and then do the remaining 540 rotation (back, up, front, down, back, up) and hit punch again

it is not hard nor precise. it is just fast

The lack of arcade mode is a legitimate complaint: any major fighting game's arcade mode served as a better way to initially familiarize with the game than Survival, CPU Vs, or either of the Story modes. I even kinda like going for single credit clears occasionally and particularly enjoy flashy bullshit bosses.

But it's a legitimate complaint that is often incredibly overblown and used in a disingenuous way to shit up SF5 threads.
All SFV complaints are legitimate, but when every SFV seems to veer torwards shitposting it gets pretty old.

The only way this rumor could make me happier is if it included a way for me to play the game without first having to shut off my virus scanner. (Seriously, Capcom, why????)

Still seems so weird to me that a Ken player doesn't like SFV.

You have a "win round" option in the form of a CC st.hk into corner into throw loops!
if you ever played me, you'd realize how unappealing that sounds. I emulate patient Momochi play, not Eita play.

I've always played Ken like a more aggressive Ryu, not a full rushdown character. Throw loop is so boring and shallow and do you realize how slow st.HK is? lol...

jett

D-Member

You must be a babby.

How did you play console fighting games 20, 25 years ago?

Protip: not everybody cares about "becoming better" for online play, which requires a really completely different level of skill compared to regular-ass CPU fighting.

Throw loop is so boring and shallow and do you realize how slow st.HK is? lol...
You clearly aren't playing Ken correctly then.

Though for what it's worth, I feel your pain. I play F.A.N.G as a defensive, hit-and-run, run out the timer character.

And those are 3 of the worst things to do in this game. Even the balancing for FANG is making him more mix-up oriented rather than a defensive character.

joe2187

Banned
You must be a babby.

How did you play console fighting games 20, 25 years ago?

Protip: not everybody cares about "becoming better" for online play, which requires a really completely different level of skill compared to regular-ass CPU fighting.

I never touched arcade mode besides unlockables. And I played console fighting games with friends since single player was boring and useless to me.

That's my personal preference and I can see not everbody shares it...but...the whole SFV is trash because of no Arcade mode continues to baffle me.

You clearly aren't playing Ken correctly then.

Though for what it's worth, I feel your pain. I play F.A.N.G as a defensive, hit-and-run, run out the timer character.

And those are 3 of the worst things to do in this game. Even the balancing for FANG is making him more mix-up oriented rather than a defensive character.
yup, that's when I deleted the game. I just chalked it up to 'eh, I suck, I haven't been playing a while" and just started looking at replay of higher ranked Kens. Same crap, mix-up from landing a cr.HP. Trick tatsu after you get trigger so it's tricky to guess what side Ken lands on. Getting into the corner with Tatsu or EX DP and as you mentioned throw loop or baiting throw loop, I was like this is what I have to improve upon?? Nope, not for me.

The only cool thing I like it hit confirming from target combo first hit (which I've learned) and Ken's ok buttons like standing MP and C.MK. Takes practice, but it's pretty cool.

but yeah, every player I looked at just didn't seem like fun. Only liked Guile, and since I don't know how to play charge characters, I figure it's too much of a time investment right now with so many amazing games coming out.

I can see them adding in the modes etc, but why would the characters be free - or are they separate?

I'd definately jump in for Oro, Q and Necro - but it all seems too good to be true.

I can see them adding in the modes etc, but why would the characters be free - or are they separate?

I'd definately jump in for Oro, Q and Necro - but it all seems too good to be true.
Everything is included in the free update except the Season 3 characters. S3 would have it's own Season Pass like the first two.

Top Bottom