• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Super Street Fighter V is happening; free update for existing owners

Ganyc

They're gonna make Sakura even more schoolgirl and you're gonna take it

*take her

i want this costume her story alt (the variant on the right):

6fxd1f26lrl.jpg

Everytime I see Sony,SFV and funded together, I wonder how the check look.

CFN 2.0 still failed to fix the most basic thing in matchmaking.

creatchee

If it's SSFV, will this be on XBOX Super or no?

Honestly, at this point, the Street Fighter ***V*** name is damaged goods. I don't think too many people would buy it on different platforms if an updated or Super version were released, especially with all the time that has passed since PC/PS4 and without console crossplay.

If Capcom wants to get back into pushing Street Fighter on multiple consoles, it must be with VI.

Mesoian

Lol, but forreal sony funding fucked this game over

Eh...there are days where I wonder if the timeline of SF5 was altered due ot Sony's wishes and involvement. We know it was rushed, but we never found out why it was rushed.

Still, not hard to say that without sony, this game wouldn't exist at all. Whether that's a good or bad thing is in the eye of the beholder.

Producer

Eh...there are days where I wonder if the timeline of SF5 was altered due ot Sony's wishes and involvement. We know it was rushed, but we never found out why it was rushed.

Still, not hard to say that without sony, this game wouldn't exist at all. Whether that's a good or bad thing is in the eye of the beholder.

You dont think sfv would have gotten made without sony? It definately would have, not in 2016 but eventually

I thought it was rushed to make it out for EVO and other eSports.

J@hranimo

Banned
Sounds like a Capcpom move to backpedal on what they said before, especially since it's still not doing too hot.

I know that's bullshit but I'll believe it.

LoveCake

I picked this up at launch (steelbook version) I also got the first DLC pass, but I have not bothered with the second pass, I only play it now and then, I am useless online so I only really play the single player modes.

Neoxon

Sounds like a Capcpom move to backpedal on what they said before, especially since it's still not doing too hot.

It's not really backpedaling since it'd be a free update for everyone who owns the game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Technically, nothing has changed. The base game client is just getting updated with more characters, modes, and features.

Putting the "super" branding on it though, definitely sounds like a re-launch in terms of public perception. They know SFV has a stink to it with some people.

Mesoian

You dont think sfv would have gotten made without sony? It definately would have, not in 2016 but eventually

I think without sony's involvement, that game would have been a 2018 game. Again, whether that's good or bad in the long run is up for debate. Keep in mind, we're in a world where Capcom's big announcements for the generation are still MIA outside of the mobile and portable realms. They are playing things extremely conservatively when it's time to use their coffers.

I thought it was rushed to make it out for EVO and other eSports.

It certainly was. But I wonder if there was any pressure from Sony to have a AAA product ready for Q4.

vg260

Don't get hung up on the "Super" moniker,
Their "Super" promise was no required paid expansion to the base game that would leave others behind. A "Super" update that is free to all owners of the base game does not break that promise. Such an update has always been a possibility and they even explained as much.

Top Bottom