• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor : The next Overwatch hero is stealth oriented

wamberz1

No, no, after what the Spy has become in TF2, I really don't want them in Overwatch. Reaper should be about as close as it gets.

Agreed.

though now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind a stealth class that was focused on information gathering and disruption instead of GETTING THEM L88T KILLS BRO.
Like, maybe a turret sapper to help deal with torb and bastion, and something to incapacitate snipers. Could also have a focus on destroying symmetra turrets and tele's. All while focusing on reporting info back to the team.

mreddie

Fuck invisibility, maybe someone...small?

ant-man-1-1437058364.gif

If it's similar to the TF2 Spy's short duration cloak, I'm perfectly OK with that. It's sustained stealth that worries me, especially with the possibility of stun-locking.

J-Tier

It would be cool to have a character that is a hunter/trapper. Able to "scent" tag and track down enemies, has an AI pet dog, set traps that alerts all allies to their location and slow down their movement, create an area that's temporarily inescapable, set fake medkits, etc.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So many possibilities, i hope they make some truly unique and special heroes.

Saturday

He also means characters like Soldier 76 who have hitscan style weapons and fairly decent range. He's a pretty hard counter to fliers.

Yeah, I'd not thought of Soldier 76, makes perfect sense. Makes me wonder about 1v1 matchups, but I'm not sure stats like those can be found online yet.

J-Tier

So just the Pyro left for them to take inspiration from.
I think Mei kinda fills that niche. It's just an icy spray instead.
Ok is Sombra not Ana? I thought that was her codename. Wasn't Sombra an old ex-Overwatch woman sniper around Torbjorn and Reinhardts age?
Sombra is not Ana, people just assumed that Ana was Sombra. All of the ex-Overwatch woman sniper clues were for Ana. Other clues were for Sombra, people just assumed they were one in the same.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I love the TF2 spy, but there's no way it could work in Overwatch as is. So I'm curious how they change it to make it work. Either way, I'm excited for it!

No "gentlemen" line, no go.

Also I hope we get a anti-air type of character. Aside from Roadhog's hook there's nobody that's equipped to counter air fliers aside from taking to the skies themselves.

Along with 76, hog, mei's icicle and others they are also buffing Mcree to counter her more. So all good.

El Sloth

Banned
No "gentlemen" line, no go.

Also I hope we get a anti-air type of character. Aside from Roadhog's hook there's nobody that's equipped to counter air fliers aside from taking to the skies themselves.
Do you play on consoles? It's a lot harder to drop good Pharahs because of the nature of analog stick aiming. It's funny that they nerfed Torb's turret on console because that was one of the reliable ways to drop console Pharahs lol.

Hylian7

I could see it happening, and no real reason where they could make Widowmaker's ultimate not see them.

Reaper is the closest thing we have to stealth right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sombra means Shadow, that's pretty stealth-y

And here I was hoping for another builder. Or at least Blizzard needs to get rid of the "no builder" notification cause THERE'S ONLY TWO TO CHOOSE FROM!

Speely

Banned
No footfalls.

Radar immunity ability.

Can stealth vs turrets and other "auto-hit" abilities like Tactical Visor.

Ult teleports you behind last enemy that made a kill.

Stuff.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Calling it, it will be this guy:

eastereggs-4.jpg

Oh, I think you might be right, that drawing seems like final artwork for a hero unlike the other posters in the game. Robots in the game usually all look kind of the same and he looks to have a completely different style, too.

Tabby

Didn't they say they tried a hero that could go invisible and found it to be unfun? This could just be left over unused lines, in any case I really hope they don't have a hero that goes invis.

Top Bottom