• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Thor: Ragnarok to adapt "Planet Hulk" storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Ultron had already set the quinjet to return to his origin point (Thanos' sanctuary) and Hulk wasn't able to re-direct it but it crashed on Sakaar when he smashed the flight controls. Done.

Wait what
Did I miss that part of the movie
Since when was his origin point Thanos' sanctuary.

Azuran

Banned
Another shitty Thor movie then.

It's pretty amazing how they can't make a decent standalone Thor film. Why can't they keep things simple?

Wait what
Did I miss that part of the movie
Since when was his origin point Thanos' sanctuary.

Ultron came from the mind gem

Maybe he had some subconscious tie to where he was first "created" to Trojan horse the Avengers, like he just knows the coordinates or something.

I dunno I'm just making up bullshit to go with a bullshit rumor

WeakRareDragonfly.gif

I like it. It's a fun premise.

For how Hulk gets there, the Marvel movies are never terribly concerned with the details. Take the Thor to Avengers transition. Thor 1 ends with Asgard cut off, Loki falling into something, with a post-credit implication he's controlling the naked fella. Move to Avengers, Loki is with Thanos and jumps out of the cosmic cube. Jeremy Renner says something about doorways that doesn't make sense. Then Thor jumps to Earth, to the exact location of everybody else; something about Odin sending him. Or the simplest solution is to have Hulk in space, and leave the hows and whys as mysteries to be explained later.
Hawkeye says "Well doors open both ways." He's basically there to give the Occam's Razor.

Loki asks Thor "what dark magic did father conjur to send you here?" (paraphrasing), but it's never addressed during nor after the movie. When Loki, Thor, and the Tesseract are summoned back to Asgard, it looks just like the Bifrost is retrieving them. Something we've seen before.

Quite frankly, I thought that the "dark magic/forces" info was going to be the major plot point for T:TDW, but that's not how it panned out apparently. Really disappointing, because "we used Dark Aether to breach reality and awoke some shit" would have been much better.
Loki, having been Smashed by Hulk previously, understands him as a threat that needs to be isolated. Under the guise of Odin, he uses the bifrost to snatch Hulk off earth and send him to a barren hostile world.

Easy.
This is actually my favorite explanation
Ultron came from the mind gem

Maybe he had some subconscious tie to where he was first "created" to Trojan horse the Avengers, like he just knows the coordinates or something.

I dunno I'm just making up bullshit to go with a bullshit rumor
You went too far into the bullshit, though

Sounds like half fanfic, half asspull

So hulk ends up in another galaxy cause of "reasons"

I mean, it took all of two minutes to explain why Beta Ray Bill was on Sakaar in the animated version.

Not that I believe any of this, we've had the planet hulk rumor for ages, and it hasn't come any closer. If they ever do a Hulk 2 it would be an interesting angle to pursue obviously, and be a decent enough standalone film with only sparse cameos needed to tie it into the bigger universe.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Loki, having been Smashed by Hulk previously, understands him as a threat that needs to be isolated. Under the guise of Odin, he uses the bifrost to snatch Hulk off earth and send him to a barren hostile world.

Easy.

That's a great idea, actually. They could just use Loki's very personal grudge against Hulk to lead him to banish Banner to a distant world out of vengeance. Would certainly make far more sense that Fury sending Banner up in a giant space cannon.

the whole reason as to why Hulk was in a another planet is the backbone for Planet Hulk

not showing that or changing it into a non revenge story is silly imho

Who cares? Seriously, does anyone really care at this point. Okay here, he got teleported by a portal that happened to be in the ocean, there we go.

People hypothesizing about a way to keep the internal consistency of a fictional universe they've become invested in is not new,

To be honest if they do go in this direction then it really does matter to me how and why Hulk gets into space.

Hulk doesn't get a lot of development outside of the Avengers movie and even then, its very little. Having him choose to separate himself from the team was a pretty bold move for his character and I wouldn't want them to just half ass it and have him show up at some point, with a lot of character development happening off screen.

The idea of Loki plotting to remove Hulk from future engagements is a good one and something that would work in the context of the film. Maybe Thor catches wind of it and intervenes to save him, and Hulk agrees to help Thor with his problem in exchange. I just don't want it to be some random thing out of the blue and we don't get to actually see Hulk on this journey.

The concept in the rumor, of Hulk just having already been on an alien planet for some time, already worked his way up to the big leagues in the gladiator arena, etc. Is like the worst possible scenario. It would be asinine to skip over all that.

Bloomers

How about no? That plot already sounds convoluted and unnecessarily tangental.

Just have a dirty villain war between Loki + Hela, Thanos, and Sutur, with Asgard left to burn in the middle of it all. Thor, Sif, Heimdall, and the Warriors Three then fight to figure out what happened to Odin, figure out Loki's alliance w/ Hela, find Hulk, and stop Sutur from annihilating Asgard for Thanos or something.

and of course Sunhi is killing it, as always lol

Ovid

Pretty sure this idea is legit.

I was told a few years ago that PH was going to happen.

I always thought they would incorporate it into GoTG though.

Apdiddy

Part of me was hoping that they would re-do Thor's story arc in Original Sin and have him be unworthy of Mjolnir, become "Odinson" and have Natalia Portman become a
bad-ass female Thor
. In movie form.

Adding Planet Hulk into the movie seems like a cop-out. I want a live action Planet Hulk movie with Hulk!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Loki is in charge now, obviously hates Hulk for the whole ragdoll incident, Loki orders Idris Elba to teleport Hulk from earth to the gladiator planet (which happens to occur right after the end of Ultron), then later, Loki banishes Thor to the same planet.

Plot hole filled.

Phased

The Thor movies need all the help they can get honestly. They're the weakest in the entire Universe and Hemsworth is such a snorefest.

I still enjoy them overall, but the only good thing they have going for them is Hiddleston's Loki. Hulk and Thor are a good team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom