• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Thor: Ragnarok to adapt "Planet Hulk" storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens with Loki?

Would they really have Loki as a background character.
the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

This..all movie.

Dabanton

Sounds like fun, but if this is true they are going to need a explain how he got there. Is an end credit sequence enough time?

What are the next Marvel movies? Civil War and then what?

Dalek

I don't know if I buy this-but geek.com has been spreading a lot of MCU rumors lately.

I didn't believe the first rumor that Hulk would appear in Raganrok anyways and I was wrong.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
But will we see Thor shirtless again in this third film? It's a tradition that needs to continue.

MartyStu

Sounds like fun, but if this is true they are going to need a explain how he got there. Is an end credit sequence enough time?

What are the next Marvel movies?

Civil War and then what?

Best way to do it:

Civil War after credits: We see banner living out alone in the wilderness.

Enter [Insert Super Powerful Asgardian Here. Heimdal?] explains that Banner is not where he needs to be. Apologizes for what he/she is about to do next and opens a portal to Sakaar and forces him through (maybe says something like 'protect the prince').

Banner lands on Sakaar. Looks at the sky to see that it is clearly alien. Sees approaching soldiers.

The scene cuts as Banner is about to Hulk-Out.

Blader

Everyone forgot the ending of Ultron?

He takes the quinjet, as Hulk. Not as banner.

W1jNXoKh.jpg

It's been rumored for sometime that he flies off, and his Planet Hulk arc starts. It's one reason why he is missing in Captain America.

Fury says at the end that they found the quinjet ditched in the ocean. He was still on Earth at the end of that movie; it didn't fly off into space.

Fury says at the end that they found the quinjet ditched in the ocean. He was still on Earth at the end of that movie; it didn't fly off into space.

Fuck Fury, he doesn't know shit. lol

EDIT: Hulk is a threat to Earth by the end of Ultron. He fucks some serious shit up, and everyone is afraid of him. I don't think he can run away forever. Leaving the planet is the only way to cool shit off.

DrZeus

All these super hero movies have huge plotholes. I'd be fine with this as long as it's fun. I gave up on these being anything more than that.

studyguy

Everyone forgot the ending of Ultron?

He takes the quinjet, as Hulk. Not as banner.

W1jNXoKh.jpg

It's been rumored for sometime that he flies off, and his Planet Hulk arc starts. It's one reason why he is missing in Captain America.

The idea that Hulk just happens to fly off into space and accidentally land on an alien planet is hilarious though. I wish they did go with that.

Dabanton

Ok if Dr Strange is up after Civil War I would assume the audience will already be primed for the more fantastical elements of the MCU so them doing this wouldn't be such a strange jump.

I just love the idea of Thor and the Hulk in a Midnight Run style of movie.

guek

Banned
IDGAF if this is how we have to get to Planet Hulk, it works for me.

Bonus - Beta Ray Bill is one of the gladiators and the mcguffin is STORMBREAKER

farisr

Well I think it's pretty obvious why the quinjet was ditched.

Because Hulk was teleported to another planet from within the quinjet by some sorcerer looking for the strongest fighters in the galaxy, duh.
LOL, honestly I don't care how half-assed the explanation is, as long as we get Planet Hulk in some way

Fandangox

Hulk finds Strange and asks him for help watering his new Plant, but since he can't speak well in Hulk form Strange misunderstands and instead thinks he wants him to send him to a faraway planet, just shrugs and zaps him away.

The idea that Hulk just happens to fly off into space and accidentally land on an alien planet is hilarious though. I wish they did go with that.

In an pre-ultron press conference, Whedon described Hulk’s future in the MCU as "too amazing."

Knowing that we didn't see anything "too amazing" in Ultron, Planet Hulk is the only way it's too amazing! :p

Lord Fagan

This could be an awful way to shoehorn Planet Hulk into the MCU...but I didn't see the name Jane Foster anywhere in this report, so I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

The shaved head part sounds legit, though. That's something I can imagine Hemsworth looking forward to.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-Joss-Whedon-Originally-Wanted-Do-With-Hulk-Avengers-2-71321.html

"Whedon told Empire Online that it was never his intention to directly send Hulk into space, though he originally wanted the sky he viewed to be thinner so at least a few stars could be glimpsed as an indication that he could end up there.

As Whedon describes it:

I wanted to leave people with the idea that, if this is the last movie, that he may have left the world behind, because I think there is something enormously poetic about that. There is also something enormously misleading about that, because they don’t plan to make Planet Hulk, as far as I know, so they were like, ‘No, just sky, no stars,’ which was less poetic, but still very beautiful.

The shot-into-space rumors that originated last year led many to believe that Marvel might be paving the way for a Planet Hulk movie, or for Hulk to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Both of these reports were eventually debunked, and Whedon’s comments tell us that he didn’t want Hulk’s fate to be as clear-cut as what happened with the other protagonists. He was listening to his inner artist and wanted to give him a poetic send-off. The only thing that really differed between his original vision and the final product was the lack of stars."

There you have it. Fury doesn't know shit lol. He has lied in the past. Hell, I don't even think he said he crashed in Fiji due to stealth tech. It could be something else crashing in Fiji.

OnPoint

I like this.

As for explaining the Hulk getting there? Just adapt the story.

• Black Widow and Banner meet up, have an intimate night or whatever because they're in love
  • While he's got his guard down she Hulk suppression gasses him or whatever
  • Tony and/or whoever else restrain him and ship him into space/into a portal to :shrug: because he's a threat for the on-coming Civil War
  • He crash lands here and ends up in this spot
  • "Hey Thor, what's up"

Easy peasy. It also sets up him being all pissy and shit when he comes back. Maybe a World War Hulk story could follow? Probably not.

Wasn't there a rumor Hulk will be in Guardians 2? Maybe that leads to him being in space. Like his story line will cover both movies.

Clefargle

I'm ok with this. Guessing we get a moment in civil war (maybe post credits) where hulk is shown warping away to that other planet

I like this.

As for explaining the Hulk getting there? Just adapt the story.

• Black Widow and Banner meet up, have an intimate night or whatever because they're in love
  • While he's got his guard down she Hulk suppression gasses him or whatever
  • Tony and/or whoever else restrain him and ship him into space/into a portal to :shrug: because he's a threat for the on-coming Civil War
  • He crash lands here and ends up in this spot
  • "Hey Thor, what's up"

Easy peasy. It also sets up him being all pissy and shit when he comes back. Maybe a World War Hulk story could follow? Probably not.
So She-Hulk just appears out of nowhere

I approve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom