• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Thor: Ragnarok to adapt "Planet Hulk" storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The Illuminati shot him into space. There was a malfunction, and he ended up on Sakaar instead of the paradise planet they meant to send him to.

I love how they kind of hinted at the fact that a "paradise planet' for Hulk was one barren of intelligent life but covered in big game for him to hunt and hulk murder lol

Like you know Reed and maybe even Tony had MULTIPLE options of planets and there were a bunch of green and lush planets with like bunnies and shit and they were like
"nah... nope. No. He'll get bored and turn the planet into a spaceship and come back and kill us."

Because somewhere deep inside they both know that there is a Banner in there and he'd figure it out... so they better keep him busy!

Love Planet Hulk. Adore WWH. As long as they don't fuck it sideways in the ear i'll be ok with however they end up getting there. My bet is on Loki. I can see one of the big climax scenes now - Hulk and Thor walking into an asgard palace after laying serious hurt on misguided guards and enemies alike... Thor see's Odin and Hulk snarls and starts walking menacingly towards him...
Thor: Hulk! No my friend stay your hand! That is my Odin the All-Father!!
Hulk sniffs: This is a puny god...

much smashing.

The Kree

Banned
I love how they kind of hinted at the fact that a "paradise planet' for Hulk was one barren of intelligent life but covered in big game for him to hunt and hulk murder lol

Like you know Reed and maybe even Tony had MULTIPLE options of planets and there were a bunch of green and lush planets with like bunnies and shit and they were like
"nah... nope. No. He'll get bored and turn the planet into a spaceship and come back and kill us."

Because somewhere deep inside they both know that there is a Banner in there and he'd figure it out... so they better keep him busy!

Love Planet Hulk. Adore WWH. As long as they don't fuck it sideways in the ear i'll be ok with however they end up getting there. My bet is on Loki. I can see one of the big climax scenes now - Hulk and Thor walking into an asgard palace after laying serious hurt on misguided guards and enemies alike... Thor see's Odin and Hulk snarls and starts walking menacingly towards him...
Thor: Hulk! No my friend stay your hand! That is my Odin the All-Father!!
Hulk sniffs: This is a puny god...

much smashing.

When he's angry, Hulk usually says he wants to be left alone. They were giving him what he wanted.

Protome

Seems like a bullshit rumour but I like the concept of not knowing why Hulk is there. Could be explained as the Illuminati existing but unlike in the comics, the viewer isn't privy to they're plans or even members. Which would make them far less boring than in the comics.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So, prediction time: we get a after-the-credits scene in Captain America or Doctor Strange that features Banner landing someplace remote and Loki walking up on him "So, 'puny god', I'll show you yadda-yadda-evil-sounding", and then traps him in the underworld setting up the events of Thor: Ragnarok.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Isn't the simplest solution Thor 'dying' and finding Hulk in 'Hela's' domain? Hulk thinks he's dead, they fight, Thor realises Loki tricked Hulk into going there, and they go and kick Loki's 'I have a plan but it only makes sense if you drink bleach' ass.

I always appreciated the Invader Zim mentality of just shooting your enemies into space, but without a solo movie to build up a reason for that "solution" it will be hard to explain.

Like others have said it will probably be randomly explained in some end of movie credits with Hulk being zapped there by magic.

It's too remove his identity as Thor. It's not uncommon for prisoners to have distinguishing features stripped from them throughout history--Thor's flowing blonde hair was definitely a defining feature.

That's not what I'm saying. I get the why. The detail just seems thrown in there like "oh his head's shaved, too." Granted, it's not the most well put together rumor. At all, but that's definitely a detail that sticks out merely based on how it's tossed in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom