• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Thor: Ragnarok to adapt "Planet Hulk" storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of doing planet hulk if you're not going to follow up with world War hulk

Yes I know that event was shit but still. Like there's no motivation for him to want to come back

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I called it way back. Makes sense commercially.

El Daniel

WeakRareDragonfly.gif
Lmao

Post this on /r/highqualitygifs
reap karma
??????????
Profit

Part of me was hoping that they would re-do Thor's story arc in Original Sin and have him be unworthy of Mjolnir, become "Odinson" and have Natalia Portman become a
bad-ass female Thor
. In movie form.

Adding Planet Hulk into the movie seems like a cop-out. I want a live action Planet Hulk movie with Hulk!

The world isn't ready for Jane Thor. Primarily because there's a lot more to that arc than just Jane picking up the hammer.

Oh HELL yes. This even sets up a great plotline with World War Hulk being mostly Hulk pissed off royally at Tony for betraying him somehow.

Also, I imagine Doctor Strange will be introduced before these stories happen, right? Can't wait to see how he fits in with everything going on.

RK128

If that rumor is true.....I will really enjoy the third Thor movie for sure then :).

Hulk is a great character and seeing him at one of his best moments & stories (Planet Hulk) would be amazing. Thor joining the ride for the second act (with the first setting up how Hulk bumps into Thor again) and the two teaming up to take down Loki at the climax sounds great in my book.

Marvel movies tend to be very long anyways (with Age of Ultron almost being 3 hours long), so they could work in the the Thor arcs and most of the Planet Hulk Storyline if they have great writers setting up the script and ensuring the movies flow is solid.

Thor's interactions with the Hulk are great, so seeing more of that would be nice.

As one of the odd people who loved the MCU Hulk film, seeing more of the Hulk is always great :).

All they need to do is explain how he got there. Maybe Banner met with Dr.Strange or something prior and set up an arrangement to have Hulk sent to a place where he can't do any real damage. I don't think this is rocket science. A simple script edit would solve that.

UnemployedVillain said:
Watch them find a way to STILL not include Beta Ray Bill

Welp. In the original planet hulk it was the silver surfer. So try not to be too disappointed.

ScribbleD

Sounds fun, but I don't understand why we can't get a proper Hulk stand-alone MCU movie. An adaptation of any of the Red Hulk storylines could be really good.

Edit: Wasn't expecting to be graced with another excellent SunhiLegend gif in this thread. Bravo.

i'd love it if Thor asks that, and the Hulk just shrugs. And then it never, ever gets addressed throughout the rest of the MCU. I would be perfectly okay with that.
Fantastic
Sounds fun, but I don't understand why we can't get a proper Hulk stand-alone MCU movie. An adaptation of any of the Red Hulk storylines could be really good.

Edit: Wasn't expecting to be graced with another excellent SunhiLegend gif in this thread. Bravo.

tumblr_inline_n5g9n2q8jd1s9tou4.gif

Marvel movies tend to be very long anyways (with Age of Ultron almost being 3 hours long), so they could work in the the Thor arcs and most of the Planet Hulk Storyline if they have great writers setting up the script and ensuring the movies flow is solid.

Not quite, it was 142 minutes long.

Sadist

Based Sunhi lol

Anyway, I don't believe this; the story as detailed in the op would have worked if Thor Ragnarok was a Hulk movie; Hulk shot into space by Thunderbolt Ross (moehahaha Sokovia Accord Banner!), landing on Sakaar, fighting off everything and when push comes to shove, he faces someone he knows: Thor, bound by the Red King (Thor in the role of Surfer or Beta Ray Bill). But as the movie is about Thor... I'd believe this to happen:

- Thor gets tricked by Loki... again
- Gets thrown into the underworld, as a plaything for Hera, fighting for all eternity
- Loki starts Ragnarok; the Warrior Three, Siff, even Heimdall try to stop him but alas
- Thor defeats warrior after warrior, pleading Hera to let him go
- She agrees... but he must defeat one warrior to return back to Asgard
- Surprise, it's Hulk! Apparantly Loki (still holding a grudge towards Banner) picked him up at the end of Age of Ultron and cast him into the underworld as revenge.
- Thor and Hulk fight, make up because Thor can reach Banner.
- Offer Hera a good deal (Loki)
- Team brawn vs. Loki
- Hulk: "Hello puny god"
- Loki: "oh no"

Based Sunhi lol

Anyway, I don't believe this; the story as detailed in the op would have worked if Thor Ragnarok was a Hulk movie; Hulk shot into space by Thunderbolt Ross (moehahaha Sokovia Accord Banner!), landing on Sakaar, fighting off everything and when push comes to shove, he faces someone he knows: Thor, bound by the Red King (Thor in the role of Surfer or Beta Ray Bill). But as the movie is about Thor... I'd believe this to happen:

- Thor gets tricked by Loki... again
- Gets thrown into the underworld, as a plaything for Hera, fighting for all eternity
- Loki starts Ragnarok; the Warrior Three, Siff, even Heimdall try to stop him but alas
- Thor defeats warrior after warrior, pleading Hera to let him go
- She agrees... but he must defeat one warrior to return back to Asgard
- Surprise, it's Hulk! Apparantly Loki (still holding a grudge towards Banner) picked him up at the end of Age of Ultron and cast him into the underworld as revenge.
- Thor and Hulk fight, make up because Thor can reach Banner.
- Offer Hera a good deal (Loki)
- Team brawn vs. Loki
- Hulk: "Hello puny god"
- Loki: "oh no"
Super predictable, but I like it

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Read Planet Hulk a while back, I don't know what led up to it, but if I ever wanted a Hulk film... that would be it.

The Illuminati shot him into space. There was a malfunction, and he ended up on Sakaar instead of the paradise planet they meant to send him to.

All they need to do is explain how he got there. Maybe Banner met with Dr.Strange or something prior and set up an arrangement to have Hulk sent to a place where he can't do any real damage. I don't think this is rocket science. A simple script edit would solve that.

I could see this working as an after credits scene for Doctor Strange.

And considering the hilarious relationship Banner and Strange have in the comics (the entire first time they meet, Banner refuses to get Strange's name right), it'd make me fangasm a little to have something like this on film.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Found my old posts:

So Hulk gets thrown away in space at the end of Avengers 2, then stays in permanent Hulk-form for a long time. Could even end up in the Thor or Guardians movie

Hulk is OP, so they have to move him out of Avengers but still keep him in the universe. Plus, always-Hulk Hulk means no need for Mark Ruffalo, just the big CG dude, and throwing him in space means they can do what they want when they want with him. I think it just makes business sense. Plus, he would fit well in a Thor movie since they already got a thing going and Hulk would be a bigger draw than some new Thor-specific CG monster/crap no one cares about, or in GotG since there's no such thing as being overpowered in silly space and his Hulk-smash personality would fit well with the Guardians' humorous style.

I think he'd do well in GotG 3 or some such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom