• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: we might be getting a new PS Store layout

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Remember old Bluey?

2376548231_e0e3384485.jpg

I'm getting a bit emotional just looking at this

Those pictures are very convincing, seems like it's true. The new design looks pretty... now if it's light enough and quick, just put it online already.

Consumer

You think the new store will let me fucking buy things?

3 weeks later I still can't add funds or purchase anything. The issue is 100% on Sony's end, yet all their support can do is suggest I buy PSN cards (which I can't) or digital codes from Amazon even though you can't do that in Canada. Jesus christ.

poodpick

You think the new store will let me fucking buy things?

3 weeks later I still can't add funds or purchase anything. The issue is 100% on Sony's end, yet all their support can do is suggest I buy PSN cards (which I can't) or digital codes from Amazon even though you can't do that in Canada. Jesus christ.

I just use paypal instead of adding a card directly.

whitehawk

Banned
Pls no.

The current layout on the PS4 is good, just change the search function and we're ok.

Just needs these:

- Remember where I was if I return to it from the xmb.
- better search categories. On ps3 I could search for what games supported 3D. Can't on ps4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I mean, I'm not very fond of the current store because of how it performs, but somehow those images feel like they're giving me less information at once than the current store. More like splash ads than informative store pages, TBH.

It was starting to become regularized and usable, so I guess it's time to throw all that shit out and bring everyone back to unusable garbage.

DeVeAn

Let me customize what I see. I only want a game tab that's it. Fuck all else I don't want to scroll through shit not game related.

Hexa

The store front is mostly fine other than the search function. The download list/library are what really need work on that side of things.

Give me the old ugly PS3 store. It was fast and functional.

It was slow thanks to PS3 RAM shittiness but yea it was damn good store, easy to find everything.

This one is OK, best part is how fast it is at least, even though navigation isn't great.

But anyway I'm sure the changes will be OK. PS4 OS has been by far the best OS this gen. Only WiiU I like better in one way for allowing game folders and stuff.

Arttemis

I disagree wholly with anyone who says the PS3 store was more functional. I hated it. There was no simple or easy way to find a list of any particular game's DLC, or to go from a piece of DLC to its corresponding game. The current PS4 store easily lets me do this with ease, back and froth, no problem - and it's snappy.

Consumer

I just use paypal instead of adding a card directly.

Yeah Paypal was the first thing I tried. It was working for a few weeks, then just suddenly stopped. Still works with other websites/services, though. Regardless of my payment method, it displays the same error message when I attempt to check out.

Anyone know if Sony extends deals sometimes? So far I've missed out on Until Dawn ($30) and 2 AC games this week because of the issue.

AudioEppa

I hope it looks good, don't like the current one at all.

Maybe this is the beginning of a overall change, I too miss the old ps store layout before the tablet redesign.

I wonder if this has any connection to Sony moving PlayStation headquarters to America?

dr_rus

If the images in the OP are accurate on how it will look I fail to see any improvement over the current one.

manfestival

Remember old Bluey?

2376548231_e0e3384485.jpg

I miss it. It was way more simple and to the point. Since we are on the subject of PS store. Does anyone else have a SUPER SLOW psstore? I swear it takes mine forever to load. Even from a fresh boot. Kinda like the ram was preloaded with software and trying to load the PS store was trying to use the final small amount to open it

MrBS

Sony can do whatever they want with the PS Store on the consoles. Web page queuing all day every day.

Banned
Pls no.

The current layout on the PS4 is good, just change the search function and we're ok.

The current store is fucking terrible, the old store on the PS3 was honestly better, so I look forward to whatever is replacing it (if its happening). Right now I honestly use the web store for just about everything because its just easier than browsing the store on the PS4.
Two completely different opinions right off the bat.

I tend to agree it's awful.

The current store is fucking terrible, the old store on the PS3 was honestly better, so I look forward to whatever is replacing it (if its happening). Right now I honestly use the web store for just about everything because its just easier than browsing the store on the PS4.

This. The current PS store is a bad joke.

Current one is GodTier, this looks Xboxy which can't be good....
You can't be serious. "GodTier"? The current store layout is atrocious. That left tab in the store is beginners web design bad. So many unnecessary tabs. Then there are tabs within tabs within tabs. Horrible.

Rozart

It looks pretty sleek. Here's to hoping that it functions well. Honestly, what I really want is for PSNAsia to release the games that are already on the US/EU/JPN stores onto the Asian store. I don't understand why it's so hard for them to do this.

And I don't know if the US or EU stores have that "Reccomended Games" tab but it's honestly the most random selection of games that they keep throwing at me

Since You Played 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt', maybe you'd like....'Call Of Duty: Black Ops'.

I always found it pretty amusing.

The current one would be fine if the search function wasn't completely terrible, and makes finding stuff that isn't on the front page a real fucking pain. So I tend to just buy my stuff on the PC browser storefront which has a proper, functioning search.

MrBenchmark

Hope it functions on PS3 without being super slow and freezing randomly. I have to use my phone for most purchases in fear of something going wrong. Sure PS4 it works but the layout is crap.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So good. I was appalled when they replaced it with the new one that takes a straight up minute to even open up and runs like shit when you're in it (on PS3, that is).
And despite what people love to hammer about the 'awful OS team from Japan', I'm 99% sure that PS store was made by that same team in Japan, and the awful new HTML one that they used on PS3 (which is due to sheer hardware speed increase finally somewhat bearable on PS4) was made by their US team.

GHG

Gold Member
Keep it as it is. It works and most importantly searching is easy and functional.

The Xbox store is a load of shit. You shouldn't have to go through Bing to search a flipping store.

Top Bottom