• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Nintendo_on--article_image.jpg

I think it's time to bring back a new PowerGlove (1:1 hand/fingers) (and you can buy another one for the shenmue revival) with vitality sensor built in.

Kud Dukan

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to E3 a lot more than I was before. New hardware announcements are always awesome, and I'm about ready for some new consoles, so if Nintendo is going to dive in first, then bring it on!

Grisby

Very cool. Exciting times.

However, Nintendo has a long ways to go with me and more powerful hardware is only the tip of the iceberg. I'd like more IP's, better online, and healthy third party support. So, I'd probably wait a while before picking it up.

Kusagari

CitizenCope said:
Same. Haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64 but this has me thinking it could be time again. Yes I'm a graphics whore.

It's not like the Gamecube had bad graphics.

Seda

thuway said:
Where is GIF from?

At a Mariner's game, the ball was batted high but foul, barely into the seats, and Ichiro Suzuki reached over the girl (kind of ran into her) to catch the ball. She then started freaking out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
michaeltraps said:
So if Nintendo's intention is to recapture the hardcore, the Wii branding is pretty much out the window?
Their strategy has been to convert their new casual audience into core gamers for a few years now. Hook em on Wii Sports and Brain Training, wean em on NSMBWii and Mario Kart, and then sell 4 million+ copies of Donkey Kong

ShockingAlberto said:
The 3DS had a bit more RAM than people expected, though likely not as much as people wanted. So there's hope, albeit small glimmers.

The 360 Epic story, AFAIK, is true. I hadn't heard the part of the tech demo, though.

3DS had the amount of RAM everybody wanted. 128MB is very roomy.

I'm honestly less interested in the hardware upgrade and more interested in seeing Nintendo roll out a truly impressive online service - to me, that's more of an obstacle to their taking the 'hardcore' market than hardware specs.

MisterHero

The_Technomancer said:
Their strategy has been to convert their new casual audience into core gamers for a few years now. Hook em on Wii Sports and Brain Training, wean em on NSMBWii, and then sell 4 million+ copies of Donkey Kong
don't spoil it for the competition dude!

Darklord

Banned
Well the Wii is much more powerful than an Xbox but it still looks pretty shitty for most games. And if it's next gen then damn right it should be more powerful.

and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Oh ok, sorry, sorry, I didn't see this. Yeah, it's fake. You have the fastest selling console ever which was aimed at a untapped market with huge success and you move away towards an audience 10% of the size? If that's true the Nintendo are confirming the casual console market that they wanted is dead and not worth pushing for. When has Nitendo ever bee hardcore though? Never.

Zeal said:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9352/mindnovastarexplosion.gif[/IMG

Mind blown.

Nuclear war declared against MS/Sony.[/QUOTE]

You do realize their idea of getting hardcore back is just another mario/zelda/smash bros right? I don't mean to shit on the parade here, but let's at least try to stay realistic.

Wow.

So uh, seems that I'm the only one that feels like the current Wii has a good two or so years left in it and is in no rush for new hardware.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seda said:
At a Mariner's game, the ball was batted high but foul, barely into the seats, and Ichiro Suzuki reached over the girl (kind of ran into her) to catch the ball. She then started freaking out.

Nice, thanks.

Blueblur1

11 pages in less than an hour and a half; nice. :)

I'm thrilled by this news. It's about time we see a new console from Nintendo. I can't wait for E3!

shadyspace said:
My biggest hope is a totally differently designed box aesthetically. I really don't want just a Wii look alike that plays different games. I hate how the 3DS and the NGP look more or less exactly like their predecessors. I want radically divergent hardware design. I want N64 to Gamecube.

I want more currrrves, the Wii is just too boxy and generic for me. Even the GC looks somehow less box-like.

Nintendo needs to get whatever person(s) responsible for the N64 design and put them to work designing Super Wii*.

*Super Wii is being used as a placeholder title; actual name of console will be much more HARDCORE

XAL

antonz said:
If they stick with IBM its probably a safe bet the Wii 2 will have a Cell processor inside of it. IBM teased as far back as the Wii launch they were beginning talks with Nintendo and Microsoft over the idea of using it.

Microsoft said no to Cell and Bluray...I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would adopt a Sony dev'd processor ... thus giving one of their main competitors in console and portables lots of money...
right?

jintek

Banned
Yeah, I'm starting get the feeling that whole "Nintendo On" hype train that derailed badly last time they showed a new system.

But I'm def excited, it should be an awesome system and it'll be a Day 1 buy for me. But I really really hope this doesn't mean amazing Wii titles won't be shown or announced, the Wii of all consoles needs a lot of great announcements and respectable release dates. Looking at Pikmin 3...

Holy shit this thread is fast. First E3 @ GAF. Should be cool :)

Also, I can't wait to see Sony/MS's reaction to this. If they still plan to have their 10 year life cycles then that means they don't plan on showing anything until at least 2014.. that is quite the gap between Super Wii and PS4/720..

Darklord said:
Well the Wii is much more powerful than an Xbox but it still looks pretty shitty for most games. And if it's next gen then damn right it should be more powerful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Oh ok, sorry, sorry, I didn't see this. Yeah, it's fake. You have the fastest selling console ever which was aimed at a untapped market with huge success and you move away towards an audience 10% of the size? If that's true the Nintendo are confirming the casual console market that they wanted is dead and not worth pushing for. When has Nitendo ever bee hardcore though? Never.

Wii is not going to even reach PS2 numbers .
They need to bring a console that will tap both the hardcore and casual.
Wii got them casual but the system did not have legs and no games are being made now.
They need both.

Darklord said:

This was kind of their stated goal with the 3DS.

They wanted to get the PSP market to themselves because that, combined with their DS market, means lots of money. Lots and lots.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The wait for E3 is now going to be long... I'm not ready for a new Gen, but I love the start of all the speculation about what's to come. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom