• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors about the Wii (from 2ch)

jarrod

Banned
Oh! Fire Emblem! :eek:

Oh! Oh! King's Field!!! :O

Eww! Kingdom Hearts! :/

Y2Kevbug11 said:
You are wrong in considering it a kids franchise. It sells millions of copies to adults and kids a lot.
Sounds like... uh, all those mentioned Nintendo games. :p

Fio

KH gameplay is teh shit -xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-, probably in a Wii version SE fix it, but **** gameplay. Hi-res textures, more polygons, all i want.

ant1532

Banned
Don't believe that Kingdom Hearts shit. I know Square found a new love but it's not like they are going to pull every ****ing franchise away from the PS3 and put it on Wii. I would rather have an amazing looking KH3 then controlling the keyblade

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fio Maravilha said:
KH gameplay is teh shit -xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-, probably in a Wii version SE fix it, but **** gameplay. Hi-res textures, more polygons, all i want.
annoyed.gif

Amir0x said:
I highly doubt that. I just think SquareEnix is implementing its holy 'we don't want anyone to have too much of an advantage' statement, shifting franchises that seem a good fit on the platform. KHIII seems like a good fit due to its generally lighthearted family friendly themes... I mean, it is about Disney characters and worlds after all.

I always thought SE saying that was a BS way of dabbling in a little of everything until a clear "winner" was decided. With the bulk of their portable games being disproportinately put on the DS as a precedent.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Kings Field on the Wii?

My prayers have come true

*In the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit*

amen

Zweisy1

I hope the Kingsfield rumour is true..Wii would be perfect for 1st person RPGs.

Dont care where KH goes. Of all the multimillion sellers Kingdom Hearts is probably least deserving of its sales. Horrible horrible games... even the boring Chrystal Chronicles single player is more entertaining as far as Square ARPGs go.

ethelred

Well, From Soft has announced an RPG for the Wii. Wouldn't be too surprising for it to be King's Field... I'd guess either that or Lost Kingdoms 3 / Rune 3 would be the most likely games.

Not Kingdom Hearts... Nintendo Hearts! Replace Donald and Goofy with Mallow and Geno, have main character customization, and use Nintendo franchises rather than Disney.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I'm now hoping for a Fire Emblem III type of release, where the original game got improved with the release of the second chapter.

I'm very happy that they're continuing with the Path of Radiance storyline, because I think it's one of the best plots I had on any RPG lately.

Oh my god, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem and I'm playing yet Twilight Princess. This year it's gona be GOLD for the fans!

AndoCalrissian said:
Not Kingdom Hearts... Nintendo Hearts! Replace Donald and Goofy with Mallow and Geno, have main character customization, and use Nintendo franchises rather than Disney.

That was something the industry had been dreaming since the release of Super Mario RPG back in 1996. To be true, I want Nintendo and Square developing a game like that altogether, Nintendo handling gameplay, Square of story, art altogether.

Jammy

Banned
These rumors make too much sense to be true...

-NiGHTS on Wii would be great with the controller. Hardcore gamers have been screaming for this ever since the controller was shown off. Come on, Sega!

-King's Field-esque games on the Wii would match well. We're already seeing quite a bit more first-person games on Wii than usual for Nintendo systems.

-Kingdom Hearts III for Wii... what's so hard to believe about this? There's a huge KH fanbase that consists of females and younger gamers. The Wii is their system this generation whereas the PS2 was their system last generation. Also, think of how much a goldmine the game would be if they added some Nintendo characters in the game as well. Yikes!

-Fire Emblem Wii and Sword of Legendia being parts of series on the Wii doesn't matter to me, as if they're good enough games I'd pick up the second parts without hesitation. This doesn't sound like a rumor to get all excited about.

ant1532

Banned
Zweisy1 said:
Dont care where KH goes. Of all the multimillion sellers Kingdom Hearts is probably least deserving of its sales. Horrible horrible games... even the boring Chrystal Chronicles single player is more entertaining as far as Square ARPGs go.
:lol

sure...

Kingdom Hearts III would probably be better on the PS3 honestly. Although I could see KH move to the Wii. KH was never about realistic graphics, just really good art design.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ethelred said:
Well, From Soft has announced an RPG for the Wii. Wouldn't be too surprising for it to be King's Field... I'd guess either that or Lost Kingdoms 3 / Rune 3 would be the most likely games.

The thing that surprises me about it, though, is they've gone on record saying they weren't going to be developing anymore KFs. Or Agetec wasn't going to publish anymore. Something like that.

This to me is extremely exciting.

Anyone know how much KF: The Ancient City sold? Good game.

Diablos

farnham said:
- Square Enix and Disney agreed to put the next Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo Consoles
If true, Wii can have it, seriously.

cvx: It is indeed a logical move; a game like Kingdom Hearts is ideal for a Nintendo audience (I don't say this in a disrespectful way).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DarknessTear said:
Yeah, anyone remember the Chrono Trigger remake rumor? Stop jumping the gun on KH going to the Nintendo side. :p
yeah but you forget that a lot of times their rumors turn out to be true.

seriously after DQ9 ANYTHING can happen. it would make for a fine thread that's for sure.

Grecco

Man look at the responses in this thread. And its only of a rumor from 2Ch... The Real thread would be epic. :lol

Rogultgot said:
I haven't played any Kingdom Hearts, how is the ratio from Square characters to Disney characters?

Very, very, very heavy in favour of Disney characters. The Square characters play a slightly larger role in the 2nd game, but aside from that, there's usually one 'world' of Square characters with some cameos here and there, and a dozen 'worlds' of Disney characters.

RaijinFY

Diablos said:
If true, Wii can have it, seriously.

cvx: It is indeed a logical move; a game like Kingdom Hearts is ideal for a Nintendo audience (I don't say this in a disrespectful way).

It would be a big blow for Sony though.

Jiggy

Kingdom Hearts should stay on PS3, a system I won't even own, just so it wouldn't annoy me every waking moment Wii had a Square/Disney collaboration and not, you know, a Square/Nintendo collaboration. I want my Mushroom Kingdom Hearts, or even just a Legend of Zelda RPG.

Interesting about the Fire Emblem thing, though. Almost makes me glad I never actually beat FE:poR (think I got to like chapter 24 or 25 and then stopped) since I wouldn't want to invest the time to run through it twice. I can't wait until Goddess of Dawn is out so that rumor can be confirmed or disproven.

i cannot believe how much drool gaf produces over Kingdom Hearts... KEYBLADE! WTF!

i'll never get it. even the combat is shitty.

castle007

Banned
Nights Wii???

KH III on Wii or DS???

:O I doubt it

I want to see how Toy Story, Monsters inc, etc... will look on the PS3

Is there any reason to read 5 pages of this thread? I was expecting some huge breakthrough on the third or fourth page that everyone would be talking about on the fifth, but it looks like 5 pages of blind denial/acceptance/crying/cheering.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I like how everyone is discussing these as if they are about to come true. Just because it makes sense to put KH on Nintendo (Square + Disney + Nintendo franchises = Much love) doesn't mean it's going to happen. Actually, BECAUSE it makes sense means it surely won't.

2. You know what rumor I'd like to hear? THE BEST BUY GETS Wii IN STOCK RUMOR! HOW BOUT THAT FOR A ****ING CHANGE?! I'M STILL WAITING GIFT CARD IN HAND YOU ****ERS! AAAACGK!

farnham

Banned
Nobody talks about the Swords of ..series.. actually becomming a series..??

i think its a bigger deal then KH3 on Wii..

a steady flow of good tales titles is good for the wii

birdchili

farnham said:
baseless rumors from 2ch... dont take em too seriously..

- From Software is developing a Kingsfieldesque 1 person action RPG on Wii
dark10x said:
THAT would be sweet, though. King's Field was never about visuals and the Wii-mote might actually add to the game. Here's hoping!
TekunoRobby said:
I hope we do get a King's Field game though, any platform.
John Harker said:
but I love the King's Field series, every incarnation. I've always found them so engrossing. You always get that isolated feeling, that up-against-the-odds feeling, and the worlds tend to be large and immersive.
jarrod said:
Oh! Oh! King's Field!!! :O
Jammy said:
-King's Field-esque games on the Wii would match well. We're already seeing quite a bit more first-person games on Wii than usual for Nintendo systems.

had to concentrate the sparse king's field love in a sea of kingdom hearts comments.

a good first-person slow-paced action rpg in the vein of king's field needs to be made: dark, atmospheric, challenging, and open in its exploration possibilities. a good one-handed control scheme (very do-able, i think) would be gravy, though i suppose using the nunchuk is the path of least resistance:(

i doubt this is king's field - none of them sold particularly well, and i believe the series had been shelved. that said - Wii would be a grand platform here, and resurrecting the brand is probably less risky than creating something like this from scratch (if indeed they're doing something in this vein). same haunting, lonely atmosphere please.

The Disney characters in Kingdom Hearts is a problem for the PS3 because the machine is so damn expensive. Even with a $100 price cut, the PS3 is still way too expensive for kids.

That's why KH3 on the Wii I could see, but if Square-Enix and Nintendo really want to make big cash, why not a Nintendo Hearts RPG with Nintendo-FF-DQ characters?

I could see a 3D KH game for the DS coming as well. This is what happens when you decide to make your game console into a delivery device for a movie format. You think that $500/$600 price point doesn't affect how developers look at the viability of certain franchises? Kids and a lot of the more casual KH audience won't be able to afford a PS3 for several years really.

AniHawk

soundwave05 said:
The Disney characters in Kingdom Hearts is a problem for the PS3 because the machine is so damn expensive. Even with a $100 price cut, the PS3 is still way too expensive for kids.

That's why KH3 on the Wii I could see, but if Square-Enix and Nintendo really want to make big cash, why not a Nintendo Hearts RPG with Nintendo-FF-DQ characters?

I could see a 3D KH game for the DS coming as well.

It'll be FFvs.XIII and then KH III, if the original team is going to make KH III. By then (2010? It was 4 years between KH and KH II, too), the PS3 should be much more affordable.

If it's 2010, then I could see it on the PS3, but even then, the Wii might be the no.1 console in Japan as well or Square-Enix may want to bring out another KH game quickly in the iterim.

The PS3 certainly is no slam dunk to win Japan. If it doesn't, Square-Enix has to start supporting the Wii moreso. The PS3 isn't entitled to anything.

Pimpwerx

This could be very interesting if KH goes to the Wii. I assume it all depends on how successful the machine is. If sales peter out (not a prediction and not a diss, just a hypothetical I don't even consider possible), Square would have to balk at sending one of their biggest franchises to a system that might not have the userbase they need. OTOH, the way it looks now is that the Wii is gonna be a strong sales performer, and the demographic is probably just as receptive to the game's theme, if not more so. It's a real possibility IMO.

Scary how large the Wii is looming with the apparent high demand and the eagerness with which 3rd parties have committed games. If the DS wasn't whomping the competition right now, this could look like a fluke. But maybe Iwata was right all those years ago. They have a different approach, but it's the right approach. ****ing Wii. :p

Is that Nights rumor just based on the previous one, btw? I'm going to Target to buy a PS3 this weekend. I will not be suprised if I return with a Wii. PEACE.

sp0rsk said:
After DQ9, anything is possible.

How would people react if KHIII landed on the DS?

After all, Square Enix has crowned the DS the successor to the PS2, not the Wii (or the PS3, for that matter).

jarrod

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Kingdom Hearts should stay on PS3, a system I won't even own, just so it wouldn't annoy me every waking moment Wii had a Square/Disney collaboration and not, you know, a Square/Nintendo collaboration. I want my Mushroom Kingdom Hearts, or even just a Legend of Zelda RPG.
A Square made Zelda? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

If we're going to be forced into a subpar, unholy Nintendo/Square Enix ARPG character collab, I'd much rather see something along the lines of Itadaki Street DS (ie: from the decent end of the company). Inserting Nintendo IPs over Disney for something similar to Nomura Hearts has basically no appeal personally, though I'm sure it'd sell gangbusters or whatever.

Top Bottom