• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Bayonetta 2 Cancelled

AjeLb.gif

May the Gods shrivel your cock for bringing us this devastating news, V_Ben.

AAK

Do you want Bayonetta 2????

anarchy%20reigns%20bayonetta.jpg

Anarchy-Reigns-Bayonetta-002.jpg

Bayonetta-Appears-in-Anarchy-Reigns-as-Pre-Order-Bonus-4.jpg

Buy ANARCHY REIGNS!!!! Give Sega the signal that you want more of her.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
why are they horrible?
Because they
maybe
cancelled Bayonetta 2 and Jet Set Radio for Wii U and Vita.
This is all sensible from a business perspective, but it's horrible if you're a fan of those series.
Has this site ever broken any serious rumors that would make one find them the least bit worth trusting?
They're actually well known for making up stories.

Because they
maybe
cancelled Bayonetta 2 and Jet Set Radio for Wii U and Vita.
This is all sensible from a business perspective, but it's horrible if you're a fan of those series.

B2 cancellation is most probably bullshit, as you realize yourself. isn't JSR coming out on other platforms? it's hard to call them horrible because of that, when they already released so many good games this generations.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
B2 cancellation is most probably bullshit, as you realize yourself. isn't JSR coming out on other platforms? it's hard to call them horrible because of that, when they already released so many good games this generations.
JSR for Wii U and Vita was an original game. It's just a rumour, but multiple sources corroborated it.

Again, I think Sega did a great job this generation and it's a shame they didn't find the success they deserved. I'm just being hyperbolic about what seems to be their direction going forward.

Average beat-em-up with above par visuals and a quirky Japanese style gets cancelled.

This sold poorly for a very good reason. Apart from the GAF love-in, it was a very mediocre gameplay experience and brought little new to the table - did anyone really expect a sequel to be made?

There are about a gazillion other games that should have sequels made before this. God Hand 2 anyone?

Average beat-em-up with above par visuals and a quirky Japanese style gets cancelled.

This sold poorly for a very good reason. Apart from the GAF love-in, it was a very mediocre gameplay experience and brought little new to the table - did anyone really expect a sequel to be made?

There are about a gazillion other games that should have sequels made before this. God Hand 2 anyone?

lol Bayonetta is so much better than God Hand. The latter was enjoyable but had a really sloppy control scheme for a beat em up.

Bayonetta played smoooooth.

Best action game of the generation with a 90 metacritic and the best dodge mechanic ever in gaming is a mediocre GAF love-in that doesn't deserve a sequel.

iOASXK47vUW2y.gif

Crazy poster is crazy.

http://www.edge-online.com/reviews/review-bayonetta

EDIT: ah, trolling.

Either you are really bad at trolling or you are on cocaine

Nope.

Sega is a business. Businesses need to make money. Therefore as a responsible business owner, you pick the titles that will make the most money to create a sequel.

Despite not being what the GAF hive-mind wants to hear, Bayonetta 2 would do nothing other than add to Sega's red ink.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
If it was that good, how come it only sold a fraction of the copies that Modern Warfare did?

Yeah well done. Bra-vo.

Nope.

Sega is a business. Businesses need to make money. Therefore as a responsible business owner, you pick the titles that will make the most money to create a sequel.

Despite not being what the GAF hive-mind wants to hear, Bayonetta 2 would do nothing other than add to Sega's red ink.

Wait, are you serious? You can't compare this to Call of Duty in sales. Nothing does outside of Nintendo evergreen titles.

Aaron

Bayonetta 2 is one of those games that if it was a kickstarter I'd be pledging at the highest tier. It's a real shame more people didn't play the original.

Salih

no shit sherlock.

Sega is not our business, therefore we don't care about how much profit they make and not. We are only interested in the games they publish.

Bayonetta was received very well by critics as well as by the gamers. saying that it offers a 'very mediocre gameplay experience' is your opinion.

Bayonetta budget does not equal MW3 budget.

Therefore Bayonetta does not require $100 million in sales to turn a profit.

How do people not understand this?

TGMIII

Tried the first on GAF's recommendation. Terrible game. Dante's Inferno was better although I never read the tie-in novel the made for that game.

son.jpg

Seriously though I hope this isn't true. If sega were actually finished with platinum who do you think would publish their games?

Vorg

Banned
If it was that good, how come it only sold a fraction of the copies that Modern Warfare did?

Shatner's Bassoon said:
Tried the first on GAF's recommendation. Terrible game. Dante's Inferno was better although I never read the tie-in novel the made for that game.

wat. Seriously, Shatner's Bassoon? Because Dante's Inferno is as shitty as it gets.

gogogow

son.jpg

Seriously though I hope this isn't true. If sega were actually finished with platinum who do you think would publish their games?
Yeah, seriously, what's terrible about Bayonetta. I can understand if people didn't like the art. Can't please everyone, but the gameplay is top notch.
Dodge-offset is just genius.

Terrible if true, no Bayonetta 2 and no Nier 2 :(

image.php

Eh maybe they can make something with less hideous characters and stupid self indulgent cinematics instead.

These c-can't be s-serious posts...?

Made by human beings? There's gotta be...some sorta...

I'm at a loss for words....

V_Arnold

To people comparing sales and sales only to determine whether something has made profit or not:

Profit is not determined by sales. It is determined by factoring in three things:
1) How much did it bring in as revenue
2) How much did it cost to make (+marketing costs)
3) What better project could have been assigned to the same team.

Platinum Games is not one to get on a Sonic title, obviously, so 3) is not a factor in Bayonetta's case. Also, Bayonetta costs a fraction of what a game like the current AAA+ games cost, and still had an insanely high quality.

Also, sooner or later, big studios and companies will need to act like TV broadcasters, keeping some of the critically acclaimed shows for prestige, even if the money is barely coming back. It is good for pleasing your "viewers"/players.

Also, sooner or later, big studios and companies will need to act like TV broadcasters, keeping some of the critically acclaimed shows for prestige, even if the money is barely coming back. It is good for pleasing your "viewers"/players.

Exactly. It's called image cultivation.

Jintor

Criticisms based on artstyle and cinematics and general aesthetic issues are legit, since that's a taste thing. But complaints about gameplay are insane.

Top Bottom