• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Bayonetta 2 Cancelled

Let's talk about it very briefly. Wasn't everyone on the staff of DMC2 the same staff that went on to make DMC3? I always remember hearing how DMC2 started off as a completely different project, and they decided to turn it into a sequel at the last second.

I don't know about the Not-DMC2 -> DMC2 transition, but you're correct about the same team doing 2 and 3. 2 was their experimentation and addition of ideas into the game, 3 was the refinement and polished product.

While I don't think 2 is particularly good, I tend to feel that the "DMC2 doesn't exist" is overblown, as without it, we'd have never gotten the 3 that everyone loves so much.

That said, I agree with the claim earlier in the topic, which is that if this is true, Kamiya is never going to actally get to make a sequel. Which is funny, because Platinum's going to get to make one. (Madworld -> Anarchy Reigns)

Here's hoping it's false, as I would love another Bayonetta game. If not for the excellent action and entertaining characterization, for the sheer hatred and disdain many gamers will have for it because of how awkward it makes them feel.

I'm sticking to my position that the game was finished 2 months ago and will be announced nonchalantly on Kamiya's twitter 2 days before it's released.

"Yawn, ate Arby's for the first time today, tasted like feet. Oh yeah, Bayo 2 out Tuesday"

And no one believes him.

I'm sticking to my position that the game was finished 2 months ago and will be announced nonchalantly on Kamiya's twitter 2 days before it's released.

"Yawn, ate Arby's for the first time today, tasted like feet. Oh yeah, Bayo 2 out Tuesday"

And no one believes him.

For us, the greatest game of all time was nonchalantly released.

For Kamiya.....it was Tuesday.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wouldn't it make sense for B2 to be sidelined (not cancelled) because of Rising's development?
Kamiya isn't working on Rising so he could still be leading his own team. It seems like a lot of Anarchy Reigns staff got moved over to Rising since that's gotten several last minute delays.

Coxy

And no one believes him.

dont be silly, he's going to say "next week in game magazines" so people really wont believe him

KingJ2002

that's unfortunate... bayonetta soidified the stylish action genre... i'm sure bayonetta 2 would have taken it to the next level.

maybe sega isnt the best publisher for platinum games.

they should create their own publishing arm for this stuff.

Top Bottom