• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: New GG IP To Include Female Protagonist And "Exotic" Creatures

Kevyt

This is kind of off topic, but I'm curious as to why we haven't heard anything about Shadow of the Beast... It was announced back I believe in E3, and so far no word about it.

I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the Bloodborne trademark? Gameplay footage at E3 would be awesome...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28VDZDKXHw

Endo Punk

Nariko posted over and over again despite being a terrible character, story & gameplay.

Sony can't pull a franchise off with a female character, they tried and failed many time. If that's what people are pointing out with Nariko then I agree. Hopefully this time they create a genuinely awesome character instead of gender being the focus like many of these dumb skimpy female characters.

sleepykyo

Redhead?
Dinos?
Lush environments?
4qVY7FQl.jpg

give it to me!

I'd like this. Sony doing what cap on won't.

Which is exactly why Sony has stopped doing this but it seems to be creating a misconception that they don't have any games.

Which baffles me since they've been announcing games at every conference last year and even recently showed off Morpheus. What more do people want?

Sony's utter repression of information is exasperating. WTF are they so reticent for?

Why the impatience? Maybe they don't want to show something that still a ways off? Showing things early can lead to bad results as the same people clamoring for early news will be the first to jump and nitpick any little thing revealed while ignoring the fact that it's an early announcement with tons of time for improvement. Maybe they want to avoid that?

More GAMES.

But they've announced tons of games. They announced games at the Feb. Meeting, at E3, at Gamescon, at TGS, showed off some Morpheus games (though I don't know if they'll end up being full games).

Well to be fair they only have Driveclub for fall 2014, so there's not a lot announced that seems all that immediate. Hopefully they will prove me wrong at E3, and TLG or Project Beast are further along than we think.

And MS only has SO, how is that any different? Does MS also have "no games"?

You didn't disprove his point.

What point? What Sony did years ago is irrelevant to what's going on right now. People complained when they did it too, back then, when it was relevant.

Lingitiz

Which baffles me since they've been announcing games at every conference last year and even recently showed off Morpheus. What more do people want?

Why the impatience? Maybe they don't want to show something that still a ways off? Showing things early can lead to bad results as the same people clamoring for early news will be the first to jump and nitpick any little thing revealed while ignoring the fact that it's an early announcement with tons of time for improvement. Maybe they want to avoid that?

Well to be fair they only have Driveclub for fall 2014, so there's not a lot announced that seems all that immediate. Hopefully they will prove me wrong at E3, and TLG or Project Beast are further along than we think.

EGOMON

This is sounds really cool, a teaser is a must even if the game is due to 2015 heck MS showed teaser of 2015 games in 2013!

viveks86

Sony's utter repression of information is exasperating. WTF are they so reticent for?

What are you even talking about? Both Shinobi and Tidux say there will be a trailer this E3. Full reveal can happen only when the game is ready. Looks like it is a title for late next year, so full reveal will happen closer to that. Let's not push this "WTF is wrong with Sony" narrative in every single thread. It's so distracting!

But they've announced tons of games. They announced games at the Feb. Meeting, at E3, at Gamescon, at TGS, showed off some Morpheus games (though I don't know if they'll end up being full games).

Indies have announced games, yes, but Sony's own stuff is all still being held back.
We got The Order at E3, that was about it. Anything to do with Morpheus isn't worth shit any time soon. Sony have been coasting on the PS4 hardware price/ general goodwill since the PS Meeting event, it's time for them to show some of their software.

Salex_

They have Driveclub and Guilty Gear Xrd for fall retail games as of right now. They announced many games last year with most of them having no release date. For retail games, I expect to see Lily Bergamo get announced for a 2014 release in the US (already confirmed for JP this year) and TLG if it's at E3.

We just have to wait until E3 to see what happens.

Loudninja

What are you even talking about? Both Shinobi and Tidux say there will be a trailer this E3. Full reveal can happen only when the game is ready. Looks like it is a title for late next year, so full reveal will happen closer to that. Let's not push this "WTF is wrong with Sony" in every single thread. It's so distracting!
Yeah especially when GG release a launch title and counting to support it with co-op now.

You didn't disprove his point.

I wasn't

the prior statement (that the user replied to) is likely talking about how the current Sony is holding tight with their exclusives until they know they have a rounded release schedule for it compared to the past Sony that was announcing games like the Agency that eventually get canned later on

this could change though

I can't read the future

Lingitiz

And MS only has SO, how is that any different? Does MS also have "no games"?

Well for one I never said the "no games" thing. And yes? Their lineup is also super thin. I didn't mention them at all, don't assume that my critique of Sony means that MS is doing it right. All around, both exclusive lineups are thin for the end of the year.

Indies have announced games, yes, but Sony's own stuff is all still being held back.
We got The Order at E3, that was about it. Anything to do with Morpheus isn't worth shit any time soon. Sony have been coasting on the PS4 hardware price/ general goodwill since the PS Meeting event, it's time for them to show some of their software.

Fair enough, I suppose. If smaller games aren't your type then you'd be displeased. Still saying it "has no games" (indies are just as much a game as any other AAA title to me) is absurd. Saying it has "no games that personally appeal to me" is a better statement, in my opinion

Samyy

I'm convinced some people here care more about game announcements then they do about actually playing games.

Fair enough, I suppose. If smaller games aren't your type then you'd be displeased. Still saying it "has no games" (indies are just as much a game as any other AAA title to me) is absurd. Saying it has "no games that personally appeal to me" is a better statement, in my opinion

Well I never said 'has no games', my post was specifically targeted towards Sony (and their internal software)
Eugh, christ Sony, stop holding onto your shit.
PS4 has loads of amazing looking indie games.

JoRo

Don't understand the sentiment that there are too many female protagonists. Okay so there's Heavenly Sword, Dino Crisis, Transistor, Child of Light, and ...? I'm sure there are more, but the bald space marine to red head female protag ratio is huge.

Yaoibot

You don't want information, you want leaks. I'm sure Sony didn't rent out a bunch of theatres in NA to show off the latest, fucking, 1080p Wonderbook demo for 2 hours. People need to handle their shit until E3 comes and goes. No point in having freak-outs until everyone lays their cards on the table. Sony has just been keeping them--surprisingly--close to their chest for once.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Alternatively, Sony will want to be confident it is a fall 2015 release before starting to talk about it. Maybe progress isn't completely fine and so they would prefer to hold off for a couple of months, just in case. They won't want repeats of the order and driveclub delays.

Ricky_R

Did Shinobi (or anyone else) say anything about this game being online only? I really hope the single player is the main focus.

Jarmel

Banned
I wasn't

the prior statement (that the user replied to) is likely talking about how the current Sony is holding tight with their exclusives until they know they have a rounded release schedule for it compared to the past Sony that was announcing games like the Agency that eventually get canned later on

this could change though

I can't read the future
I was referring more to the female image aspect. Whatshername in Shadow Fall wasn't really good looking. Sorry, meant to edit my post sooner.

Top Bottom