• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PSN+ premium service details

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, you lost me at 9.99 at month. Some of those features sound cool, but really, is it worth it? It's cool that I might have a chance at getting Rag Doll Kung Fu for free (again) but I don't see much from that list that would inspire me to pay that much premium for what is listed.

PSN/XMB could use a major upgrade, though, they have a lot of room for improvement so we'll see what actually happens this E3. I'm certain that a new PSN will be a major part of their presentation, so I just hope that they have more planned than this rumor says.

Norml said:
But you don't expect a much better annual deal?

This thread has supposed "leaked" details. Currently, the only pricing information available is $9.99/month. People are basing the calculations on that.

It really doesn't matter what I expect. Sony's pricing won't reflect my expectations. I could expect cross game chat to be free and PS2 backwards compatibility to be in software emulation, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. ;)

I'd rather see Sony charge everybody than do this. Stuff like cross-game chat should not be segregated, all of your friends that game online should have it in order to maximize the benefit.

xbhaskarx said:
So... that means both these things are already possible, but Sony have been holding out so they can sell them as features in a premium service?

Well, that's how "premium" features work on XBL...

Yeef said:
You time travelers are so full of yourself!

If you'd cast yourself back through the ages to buy a PS3 enchanted with ancient Aztec magics that provide Back-and-Frontwards-Compatibility and 5D you'd be full of yourself too.

CRD90 said:
So what features could Sony add that would make it work $10 a month?

Oral sex?

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I'd rather see Sony charge everybody than do this. Stuff like cross-game chat should not be segregated, all of your friends that game online should have it in order to maximize the benefit.

Fuck no. I don't care about any of these frills. They better not take away my free access to online play and demos.

nico

Banned
if this is successful (and maybe if it isn't too) you just know its going to slowly creep into being pay-to-play online or worse.

first they said it was voice chat, then it was select sony games, then it was all games, then it was blu ray movies and then your soul. fuck you microsoft for this shitty idea.

Speevy

Banned
Rumor: Microsoft to sell virtual game cases, cover art, disc art separately over Xbox Live.

"Damn you Microsoft!"

Rumor: Microsoft to release Battletoads vs. Killer Instinct on Xbox Live, 400 MSP.

"Day one Microsoft!"

devilhawk

303g5kn.jpg

AFreak said:
GAF: Where people comment on rumors as if they are true.

Correct...

Wait until anything is confirmed - E3 is only a couple of weeks away.

Also, the reason i doubt this leak is that i'm pretty sure token wagering will make the final cut.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
beermonkey@tehbias said:

What, I....oh. Ooohhhhh. Joke post. Ahahaha.

Epcott

gofreak said:
$10/month does not necessarily imply $120/year.

See: Live's monthly/annual pricing.

No offense to you specifically, but the running assumption in the thread that the annual cost would be the monthly by 12 is a little silly.

I thought about that, $120 seems a little outrageous. However, Sony has over priced before, so I'm not sure if they think that price point is silly. Know what I mean?

Personally, I would pay $50 a year for those features. But at nearly $10 per month, $50 a year sounds unlikely (if this is true™).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Galvanise_ said:
And rumoured to be going up in price.

Errr, no it isn't.

Someone predicting that Live will raise prices is not a rumour.

Speculation or predictions are when someone takes the things they know and uses intuition or deduction to form a conclusion without knowing for sure whether that conclusion is accurate or not.

A rumour is when someone knows something to be true but isn't able to convey the evidence that it's true either due to confidentiality--or when someone says something is true but you are not able to trust their evidence or reputation.

Dynamic3

rayner said:
- Exclusive in-game DLC

Imagine if they add Trophies to those DLC... Trophy Hunters will be very angry.

There are trophies tied to the BC2 outfits, which are paid dlc; and the KZ2 maps; and...

orion434

Dynamic3 said:
There are trophies tied to the BC2 outfits, which are paid dlc; and the KZ2 maps; and...

What I'm saying is this is EXCLUSIVE DLC which only PAID users will have access to... from the description if that EXCLUSIVE DLC has trophies then you'd have to pay at the least $9.99 for a month to just download it...

Also, I don't get all the $120 a year from... I mean LIVE is $7.99 a month or $49.99 a year. PSN+ would be something like $69.99 or $79.99 at most.

LIVE doesn't cost $95.88 a year...

gcubed

Stumpokapow said:
Errr, no it isn't.

Someone predicting that Live will raise prices is not a rumour.

Speculation or predictions are when someone takes the things they know and uses intuition or deduction to form a conclusion without knowing for sure whether that conclusion is accurate or not.

A rumour is when someone knows something to be true but isn't able to convey the evidence that it's true either due to confidentiality--or when someone says something is true but you are not able to trust their evidence or reputation.

this entire conversation is based upon a prediction of price if we go by your rules, so hey, why should we even bring it up

charlequin said:
If by "rumoured to be going up in price" you mean "offhandedly suggested to be going up in price by people drawing relatively poor inferences in this thread," maybe.

Nope. Stop being an arse. It has been rumoured to be going up for a while. Microsoft even said that they didn't forsee increasing the price 'in the next couple of months'. That leaves it open for going up. Whether it goes up or not, who cares.

Top Bottom