• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Watchdogs and Tetris ultimate for PlayStation Plus May 2016

Hip Hop

Watch dogs is not a bad game. Just try to play it without killing anybody with a gun and it becomes a much better game.

One step to fix that game is to give you like two magazines of ammunition and that's it. You almost never get more and enemies don't drop it. Game instantly becomes more fun.

This would be funny though because used copies of that game are already worth almost nothing. I think game stop gives under a dollar for it.

Yup, the game is fun (and kind of addictive) when setting up your plays as stealth. A lot of tools and mechanics at your disposal make it interesting too. I never got the hate for the game tbh, currently replaying it at the moment and it has been a great time so far. Does it deserve the hype it got? Probably not, but it's also not this trash people claim it is to be. It's a solid title for what it is.

daveo42

Banned
I guess I can finally get around to playing Watch Dogs...at least a few days before games I want to play start coming out.

Wow a game that you can literally pick up new every other week from Best Buy for $8 and fucking Tetris.

If it wasn't for rocket league I wouldn't keep this silly subscription.

Look at it this way, now you don't have to plop down $8 for it.

PSOreo

Wouldn't object to playing Watch_Dogs after all this time and for "free". Despite its flaws I'm sure I'll get more play out of it than most of the PSPlus games of late. Really hope this is the start of Sony starting to up their game with the service.

KJRS_1993

One step to fix that game is to give you like two magazines of ammunition and that's it. You almost never get more and enemies don't drop it. Game instantly becomes more fun.

I also want to double down on this. One of their biggest mistakes with Watch Dogs was allow you to hold a ludicrous amount of guns and ammunition, meaning you could just play it as a straight up shooter.

If you can resist the urge to do that and use all of the abilities and gadgets, it becomes a really interesting kind-of stealth game.

Dambrosi

Banned
This is all fake, though, isn't it? You can tell because there's a retail game in there. :p

That said, I'd really like this to be true. Tetris is supposed to be good post-patch, and I want to try Watch_Dogs for myself to see if all the critics are right about it.

Oersted

- WE WANT SOME AAA GAMES!
- Ok, here you go
- NO NOT THAT ONE

Thought-experiment. You give me money to buy you games. But I decide which games. Would there be circumstances under which you would be disappointed by my purchase decisions?

Yup, the game is fun (and kind of addictive) when setting up your plays as stealth. A lot of tools and mechanics at your disposal make it interesting too. I never got the hate for the game tbh, currently replaying it at the moment and it has been a great time so far. Does it deserve the hype it got? Probably not, but it's also not this trash people claim it is to be. It's a solid title for what it is.

Mechanically, it's way better than GTA V. It also gives you actual freedom during missions, unlike the highly scripted missions in that game.

foxbeldin

Well I certainly won't download Watch_Dogs. To send a message.

XS5LK.gif

DeviantBoi

If it's true, glad I never bought Watch Dogs.

I want to play it, but I won't pay more than $10 for it.

Same goes for AC Unity and Syndicate.

The "LOL Here is your AAA losers" posts are obnoxious. It's fairly evident that people have been complaining about a lack of quality AAA games, it's the people on the other side of the issue who erected the strawman that these people only care about AAA and not quality.
If you want quality AAA games then the wait continues because watch dogs ain't one of those.

And Naw, most people that ps+ whine just want a retail full priced game to be on plus regardless of quality hence the jokes about celebrating the day we get knack on plus.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
If you want quality AAA games then the wait continues because watch dogs ain't one of those.

And Naw, most people that ps+ whine just want a retail full priced game to be on plus regardless of quality hence the jokes about celebrating the day we get knack on plus.
A lot of revisionist history in this thread.

A little bit of revisionism going on in this thread.
Go visit any older ps+ thread and you'll find lot's of people who said they would be happy to get any AAA retail game over the mostly decent indie games we have been getting. Some people were even claiming they would be happy with Knack, hence all the Knack references in these threads.
To be fair, I know some people who are complaining now aren't the same ones but I understand why it's funny to see all the bitching about this months ps+ offerings when we finally are getting what a vocal minority have been crying out for - a AAA retail game...quality be damned!

A lot of revisionist history in this thread.

it's just my opinion but i know i'm not the only one who thinks Watch Dogs is the worst open world game from Ubisoft since the first Asscreed. Of course if you loved that game then more power to you but don't be shocked when WD2 comes out and suddenly people properly reflect on how terrible the first one really was

N-Forced

Neo Member
There is something wrong with this picture, the watch dogs icon is positioned lower than the tetris one and looks like it was just copied into the image. But if it does in fact turn out to be true then I can guarantee all the people bitching for aaa games to be released for ps+ will be back here bitching they should of picked a better one.

There is something wrong with this picture, the watch dogs icon is positioned lower than the tetris one and looks like it was just copied into the image. But if it does in fact turn out to be true then I can guarantee all the people bitching for aaa games to be released for ps+ will be back here bitching they should of picked a better one.
If it's actually Watch Dogs, just check the Youtube likes. I guarantee it will be far more positive than all the indie months we have got this year.

We have had stuff like Mafia 2 on Plus back in the good old days. It's about the same quality, a bit worse IMO. But I enjoyed the time I spent with it!

If I didn't own Watch Dogs, I would be very happy to play it via Plus. But even now I'll be happy because I get more players online to mess with in invasions.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
it's just my opinion but i know i'm not the only one who thinks Watch Dogs is the worst open world game from Ubisoft since the first Asscreed. Of course if you loved that game then more power to you but don't be shocked when WD2 comes out and suddenly people properly reflect on how terrible the first one really was
It's not even close to the worst open world game they've released since the first AC game. It's not a bad game in any sense of the word, especially in how it controls compared to GTAV's constant animation priority getting in the way, the shit ton of little details they put in, open level and mission design that encourages replayability and improvisation, etc. etc. it was a great introduction to a new IP.

I had no idea that Watch_Dogs was hated this much, like damn!
It's not even. A contingent of GAF likes to pretend that it's the worse game ever released this gen.

There is a giant subculture on the Internet of people who are willing to pay for PS+ every month forever, who have been shaking with desperation to play Knack since like 2012, who would never in a million years actually buy Knack even if it was reduced to a nickel on the PlayStation store.

I used to think you people were just a bunch of cranky weirdos, but now that it's been years and you are still carrying on about your burning desire to purchase Knack with PS+ cards and not ever with a PS wallet card, I'm starting to root for you because you are definitely underdogs.

It's not even close to the worst open world game they've released since the first AC game. It's not a bad game in any sense of the word, especially in how it controls compared to GTAV's constant animation priority getting in the way, the shit ton of little details they put in, open level and mission design that encourages replayability and improvisation, etc. etc. it was a great introduction to a new IP. .

if it's not the worst open world game they've released since AC1 then i would love to see what they made that's worse because as someone who played all the asscreed games up to Rogue I'm struggling to think of one.

Chobel

It's not even close to the worst open world game they've released since the first AC game. It's not a bad game in any sense of the word, especially in how it controls compared to GTAV's constant animation priority getting in the way, the shit ton of little details they put in, open level and mission design that encourages replayability and improvisation, etc. etc. it was a great introduction to a new IP.

It's not even. A contingent of GAF likes to pretend that it's the worse game ever released this gen.

Yep, the amount of the hyperbole in this thread is insane.

tensuke

Hey, Watch Dogs is a AAA game, so that should appease a lot of people, at least for one month. But, the sad thing is, it's still Watch Dogs...so not great...
Now Tetris, I will probably play the fuck out of Tetris. I love the shit out of Tetris. But...Tetris for a PS+ game? I mean.......no offense, like I said, I love it, but Tetris is like a bottom of the barrel game. Let's be honest.

Karu

Watch Dogs is good as a power fantasy with a very fitting protagonist. Driving is gutter trash, but oh well. Well worth it. Fantastic Plus game.

I own Tetris Ultimate on PS4 and have no problems with it now after it got patched. It's a fun enough game. Watch_Dogs has been a game I've been meaning to buy forever now but never pulled the trigger, so I'll consider this month a success.

Jito

Banned
Don't think I'll waste the hard drive space on Watch Dogs and I already own Tetris. Another brilliant month Sony!

barit

It didn't seem that tough when i thought about going for it but the inclusion of multiplayer trophies was the deal breaker for me and i didn't go for it.

Well if the leak is true then the online population for this game will skyrocket next month. One of the positive side effects of PS+ so getting those multiplayer trophies should not be a problem.

And another thing to add: The multiplayer part of Watch_Dogs is pretty amazing imo. The Invasion system where you don't know if someone has joined your game (until he/she starts to hack you) can lead to some very intense moments. Gotta give Ubisoft kudos for that at least.

bryanee

if it's not the worst open world game they've released since AC1 then i would love to see what they made that's worse because as someone who played all the asscreed games up to Rogue I'm struggling to think of one.

AC3, Revelations, Liberation and yes even Rogue are all worse.

Top Bottom