• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune Factory Frontier (Wii) screens

Tenbatsu

RuneFactoryFrontier6thScreenshot.png

Looks fantastic!

pulga

Banned
pulga said:
My sentiments exactly, I've been postponing getting it ever since it came out.

Frontier is looking real, real good.

Finally ordered Rune Factory DS thanks to the TRU 2 for 3 deal. Should be getting it any day now. Can't wait. :D

Neomoto

How did I miss these new screens. Looks totally awesome. I think it's one of my most wanted games (no matter what platform), definitely day 1 import!

fresquito

Wowowow.

BTW this, Little King's Story and Arc Rise Fantasia, Marvelous is doing their best to grant my eternal love.

Marvelous <3

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Will be shown at E3! Set for N.A release in Q1, 2009. Will be published by Rising Star games in Europe:

Rune Factory: Frontier Wii

From the creators of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory for the DS comes the first installment of Rune Factory for a home console. Developed exclusively for Wii, Rune Factory: Frontier features stunning graphics and takes full advantage of the Wii’s unique controls to fully immerse players in the Rune Factory universe. Rune Factory: Frontier incorporates an open-ended structure that allows players to choose the type of game they wish to experience. Whether it’s growing crops, expanding the town, fighting (or befriending) monsters or even falling in love, the experience is unique to each player. Rune Factory: Frontier Wii is scheduled for release Q1 2009. The game will be published in Europe by Rising Star Games*, a subsidiary of Marvelous Entertainment.

(from the Marvelous/XSEED E3 P.R)

suzu

This looks amazing (and graphically, way better than Tree of Tranquility)... being an HM game, it will probably take a billion years to come out in english though. ;;

suzu said:
This looks amazing (and graphically, way better than Tree of Tranquility)... being an HM game, it will probably take a billion years to come out in english though. ;;

It has been announced for Q1 2009 in the XSEED/Marvelous E3 thread, so it will slightly less than a billion years left to wait.

Bizzyb

Banned
fresquito said:
Wowowow.

BTW this, Little King's Story and Arc Rise Fantasia, Marvelous is doing their best to grant my eternal love.

Marvelous <3

They shall have my monies, as much as they need

schuelma said:
Will be shown at E3! Set for N.A release in Q1, 2009. Will be published by Rising Star games in Europe:

Rune Factory: Frontier Wii

From the creators of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory for the DS comes the first installment of Rune Factory for a home console. Developed exclusively for Wii, Rune Factory: Frontier features stunning graphics and takes full advantage of the Wii’s unique controls to fully immerse players in the Rune Factory universe. Rune Factory: Frontier incorporates an open-ended structure that allows players to choose the type of game they wish to experience. Whether it’s growing crops, expanding the town, fighting (or befriending) monsters or even falling in love, the experience is unique to each player. Rune Factory: Frontier Wii is scheduled for release Q1 2009. The game will be published in Europe by Rising Star Games*, a subsidiary of Marvelous Entertainment.

(from the Marvelous/XSEED E3 P.R)

Why Rune Factory looks so good and Harvest Moon for Wii looks so bad?

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Why Rune Factory looks so good and Harvest Moon for Wii looks so bad?
I guess it's the different teams: Rune Factory Frontier is from the Biography Estpolis/Lufia developers. Or so it seems.

Slappy967

Neo Member
This looks amazing and did someone say some of the team responsible for the Lufia series are involved with this? I just picked up Lufia 2 for $3 and have been loving the crap out of it. I am really looking forward to this after seeing the new screens and with my renewed interest in rpgs will definitely get this on day one.

Prime Blue said:
I guess it's the different teams: Rune Factory Frontier is from the Biography Estpolis/Lufia developers. Or so it seems.

Fuck, if they create such great graphics with this game they need to get on Lufia Wii pronto.

Bizzyb

Banned
New images at you know where (that ex-French place)

I can't read Japanese (yet) but what I can make out are

• they are spotlighting several new characters, mostly girls whom I'm assuming are potential Wives

• Also there are shots of Some dungeon action even one with a Huge enemy (maybe a boss/mini boss)

• The Whale in the sky seems to have some significance as its seen hovering in the sky around dusk and again in another shot at 10:35 in the morning, with the player having a fixed upward view on it...and as seen in the official artwork it appears to be some sort of...Flying Island!??

• A new type of plant/creature to "grow". It also has several evolution or growth cycles. What it's purpose and the meaning behind each growth phase? I have no idea but they do have a cool glow happy

• There is also confirmation that animals will again play a role in the farming where you can see the main guy in the barn, shaving what looks like a sheep-like animal and a cow is seen in the background

• And lastly there appears to be a soundtrack that will be available! for preorders maybe?

Gwanatu T

It's great to see the offshoot "experimental" versions of Harvest Moon taking off like this. I love Harvest Moon but it seriously needed some revamping. After Rune Factory last year or whenever it came out, I felt like it finally got the revamping it needed. This looks unbelievably good, and it's yet another third party Wii game that looks excellent and is going to be a must buy.

Haunted

Looks fantastic, but I was never a fan of the Harvest Moon games.

But this has a dungeon-crawling aspect? I didn't know that... hm, hm.

Say I enjoyed Chocobo's Dungeon, will I enjoy this?

Haunted said:
Looks fantastic, but I was never a fan of the Harvest Moon games.

But this has a dungeon-crawling aspect? I didn't know that... hm, hm.

Say I enjoyed Chocobo's Dungeon, will I enjoy this?

Perhaps you should try out Rune Factory on DS first? I plan to do so...eventually.

Haunted

Jaded Alyx said:
Perhaps you should try out Rune Factory on DS first? I plan to do so...eventually.
ehn, maybe. I think I'd rather have this on the Wii. If you do check the DS game out, let me know what you think of it. :)

I mean, the farm simulation part doesn't really interest me, but I love me some dungeons. And I want to support Marvelous' Wii efforts... I guess it pretty much depends on the ratio of the two gameplay elements for me.

I for one am glad that the development team decided to use hand drawn cutouts; I tend to find them more efficient at displaying personality during simple conversations. HM64 and FOMT kick Magical Melody all over the place in this regard. Disgaea also did this very well.

Gwanatu T said:
Looks like it to me. Man this game looks golden, day one total.

This actually reminds me of that episode of Timon & Pumbaa when Timon had Pumbaa wish that they lived in a castle or something, and he fought a giant fire breathing Chicken instead of a Dragon! :lol

RF DS was enjoyable, but got old fast. Dungeons weren't obviously the main point, in fact they were repetitive and kinda pointless, game was much more focused on farming. Graphically delicious though

I'm hoping this one will have a great story, but then again the RPG/ farm simulator hybrid wasn't that exciting the first time

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I can't believe I'm looking forward to a Harvest Moon game. I love the soft colors. It's almost pastel like. Absolutely gorgeous.

New screens :

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1217923_1407.html

Looks really great.

By the way, some various details from the article :

- New heroin : Udzuki, coming from a far East country to search for her missing brother.
- Plenty of weapons and magics to fight the monsters.
- Weapons, such as the magical staffs, can have elemental attributes.
- There are some portals called "gates" which the monsters use to travel between zones and spawn within the dungeons. Destroy these portals to secure each zone.
- A certain item allows you to befriend with monsters, which will in turn help you in various ways (for exemple, you'll be able to mount some of them to travel faster). The allied monsters will also produce eggs, which once hatched, will give birth to a new monster with an even higher degree of friendliness.

Almyn

I don't have any hope that this will be released in 2009 in Europe. Rising star just cannot seem to get games out the door in any reasonable time frame. They keep pushing things back. They still haven't even released Rune factory DS yet.

I wonder does freeloader still work.

Top Bottom