• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Come on, irresponsible vagina leak!

Your makeup is terrible ;____;
but I love you anyways ;)

or you meant that as a cheering?
giphy.gif

kirblar

It's funny how looking at it again you notice just how awful it is. She's so good looking that you actually don't notice as much the first time.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't know what red is referring to but B-dex and kirblar are talking about the episode thats already aired

oti

Banned
So I watched some more Brolaska videos which brought me to some music videos (and a very confusing music video about Jews by someone called Detox) which then brought me to some interview with one of the judges (Michelle Visage, no idea who she is tbh) which then brought me to her being in Big Brother UK (that's still a thing?) arguing with someone called Perez Hilton (who seems to be unbearable) which then brought me to a highlight video of New York in another season of Big Brother (seriously, why is that still a thing?) and I have no idea where I am or what I am anymore.

Too much drama for me.

Big Brother was dead but it got bought by Channel 5 (lowest common denominator TV channel) so it limped on and then got mildly popular again when they began doing celebrity versions again and getting a few Z-list Americans in along with Z-list UK "celebrities" - seriously no one outside of Drag Race fans would've known who Michelle Visage was here.

I thought you'd started watching the show? Michelle has been a judge since season 3, she was in a girl group in the late 80s and is a long time friend of Ru's who has worked with him on previous TV/radio shows.

So I watched some more Brolaska videos which brought me to some music videos (and a very confusing music video about Jews by someone called Detox) which then brought me to some interview with one of the judges (Michelle Visage, no idea who she is tbh) which then brought me to her being in Big Brother UK (that's still a thing?) arguing with someone called Perez Hilton (who seems to be unbearable) which then brought me to a highlight video of New York in another season of Big Brother (seriously, why is that still a thing?) and I have no idea where I am or what I am anymore.

Too much drama for me.

Hahaha. Just watch the show tbh. Who needs the rest.

Though if you were to watch any extra-curricular watch Katya's YouTube videos. Genius

Great challenge, Queens getting really real this episode.
I'm loving like 90% of this cast. Don't know who I want to go home besides, like, Acid and Robbie.

YYYESSSSS RUUUU!!!!

The ending was everything! The trash was taken out early. That lipsync was sooooooooo flat I called it before it even started. Good call and I can't wait for the next episode.

So far as a faves go...Chi Chi is my #1 fave straight up. She keeps it 100%. Love ha! Naomi, Kim Chi, Acid, Cynthia, Bob, Gorgy fall in line after. But ugh...claps to that ending.

kirblar

That double elim was completely deserved. That was awful.

Assuming Nyesha's back next ep? (Though I'm not sure her mom dancing would have done that song any justice either.)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That ending, coupled with what you shady bitches posted on this page... It's pretty obvious. I hope I'm wrong. For your sakes.💅

oti

Banned
I thought you'd started watching the show? Michelle has been a judge since season 3, she was in a girl group in the late 80s and is a long time friend of Ru's who has worked with him on previous TV/radio shows.

I do. I know that she's a judge I just have no idea why she's popular in the first place.

Hahaha. Just watch the show tbh. Who needs the rest.

Though if you were to watch any extra-curricular watch Katya's YouTube videos. Genius

I found the Brolaska videos pretty funny so the YouTube algorithm brought me to the rest. But after that I'll just stick to the show (skipping half of it though tbh).

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pepper is such a sour queen
Can't say I disagree with the elim. Felt a little sorry for Laila because the role she got didn't give her much to go on. Dax definitely deserved an exit

divine episode though, thought both teams did well on the challenge

Kanhir

My takeaway from this episode.

- Dramatic drama is dramatic. What an ending.
- The queens this season are so good. Strong personalities, strong talent and still a strong sense of community beyond the shading. Best lineup for a Drag Race season?
- Dax and Laila were screwed from the moment they were called as bottom two. The hushed conversation beforehand, the fact that they chose an upbeat drag fan favourite for the bottom two in a dancing challenge, the phone call afterwards? Yeah, there was no way either of them were meant to come out of this.
- YASSS SHANGELA'S BACK of course it's going to be
Skarlet
- How shady was that exit? Every queen gets an inspirational "you are a fierce queen and the world is waiting to be blown away by your talent" exit, but with these it was just BYE FELICIA.

Gradon

That elimination was clearly pre-determined. The lip sync wasn't good but it wasn't as bad as Season 5's double elimination. And if they bring back Naysha then what a waste of an elimination.

Also clocked that they didn't get any inspirational speech about them, what the hells with that?

Matt_

You don't have to spoiler everything after the episode airs, just rumours/leaks and things from the ten minute preview

But yes the double was fucky.
I think they'll bring naysha back. She's obviously quite capable at drag but I don't know how I feel about it
Would love for it to be shangela

kirblar

Production's seen the girls practicing and stuff- they know what to expect.

Saw it mentioned elsewhere that the pre-Sync banter was a Pitch Perfect reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom