• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

LordOfChaos

But no overthrows in Russia , they are a cultivated people 🤣

Yeah...There's a saying something like, if the Russian regime was overthrown tomorrow, it would be replaced the next day with one that looks just like it.

Too many Russians just seem ok with totalitarianism, and have nostalgia for the Soviet era.

Lunarorbit

Half of the causalities for the Russians have come from bakhmut if this is true. 100,000 soldiers just for that one city which Ukraine has almost completely encircled in a week.

Damn

Russians probably see this as proof they are super hardcore and the world should fear them. Imagine what they will do for important objectives!

sinnergy

Yeah...There's a saying something like, if the Russian regime was overthrown tomorrow, it would be replaced the next day with one that looks just like it.

Too many Russians just seem ok with totalitarianism, and have nostalgia for the Soviet era.
Yup, that ship has sailed, to me , we have to cut them lose and let them rot.

Tams

I won't believe a single word about the war progress, coming from the Biden administration.
Celebrating the death of alleged 100,000 or a billion soldiers lives doesn't make anything better, if the war still continues. It's not just human lives they have at their disposal.
Sorry, but I have zero sympathy for any Russian fighting in this war now.

The first few months? Yes. Many seem to have been very badly duped. Many don't seem to have known they were even staying a war (stupid, but that's not with wishing death on someone).

That said, the first few months are when some of the worst atrocities were committed, and anyone involved in those... well considering how terrible they were, deserve the most painful deaths.

FunkMiller

I won't believe a single word about the war progress, coming from the Biden administration.
Celebrating the death of alleged 100,000 or a billion soldiers lives doesn't make anything better, if the war still continues. It's not just human lives they have at their disposal.

100,000 dead Russians in Ukraine absolutely does make things better. Another 200,000 dead there would be even betterer. That would end the war.

Last edited:

Darius87

Half of the causalities for the Russians have come from bakhmut if this is true. 100,000 soldiers just for that one city which Ukraine has almost completely encircled in a week.

Damn
i think what Biden says that 100k is dead and injured, there's much more casualties then 200k in total.
believe it or not but every russian death in ukraine is worth celebrating
Miguel Herrera Win GIF

Liljagare

The media learned how many pieces of F-16 Ukraine will receive: deliveries will be from two European countries
Ukraine will receive a total of 45 F-16 fighters, which, after modernization, will be provided by the Netherlands and Denmark.
Soon, Ukraine will immediately receive four squadrons of F-16 fighters, which will be transferred to the Ukrainian Air Force by Holland and Denmark. This was announced on his page on the social network Twitter by an Israeli military expert who writes online under the nickname The Crisis Watch. According to incoming information, Ukraine will receive a total of 45 fighters , which will replace the MiG-29s lost in the first months of the war.
The expert stressed that before being sent to Ukraine, the fighters will undergo a deep modernization in Belgium, which will be carried out by the British aerospace company SABCA.
"I have been informed that 45 ex-Danish and Dutch F-16AM/BM Fighting Falcon fighters will be delivered to the Ukrainian Air Force as a replacement for the MiG-29s lost during the war with the Russian Federation. Aerospace company SABCA in Belgium will overhaul and modernize the aircraft before delivery" , - noted in the message.
At the same time, the speaker of the Armed Forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Ignat, also made a statement about the number of F-16s that will be handed over to Ukraine. According to him, Ukraine will receive a large batch of aircraft.
"No one will transfer F-16s to Ukraine one by one. They will be transferred by units. An aviation unit is a squadron, in our version it is 12+ aircraft. Western partners have a squadron - this is more, there are up to 18 aircraft. Several dozen aircraft can be transferred to Ukraine to start with to solve current problems ," he said.

Finally.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
It's funny how Russia claims to have the best tanks and planes in the world. That they are ahead of NATO by decades.
But the minute some countries give a few old F16s to Ukraine, Russians have a fit.
Despite all their postering, in reality they know Russia only produces crap.

Ironbunny

Jesus.
I know this tread is light on reality but what is this....u cannot actually believe that they make regular Russians work in ammo factories after work....you can't be that unaware
Its what these ruZZian morons are suggesting. If it happens who knows but knowing what kind of a shitshow the whole country is I wouldnt put it pass on them.

"Meanwhile in Russia: head of RT Margarita Simonyan acknowledges that ammo shortages are very real. She proposes that after completing their workday, all citizens should travel to military factories and make ammunition for 2 hours per day to help out," tweeted Davis.

Last edited:

PillsOff

Banned
Its what these ruZZian morons are suggesting. If it happens who knows but knowing what kind of a shitshow the whole country is I wouldnt put it pass on them.

"Meanwhile in Russia: head of RT Margarita Simonyan acknowledges that ammo shortages are very real. She proposes that after completing their workday, all citizens should travel to military factories and make ammunition for 2 hours per day to help out," tweeted Davis.

She is a state sponsored idiot.
Country mostly lives as it was.
Some prices went up to a degree, noticeable amount of people left but others live as they lived.
They drink their Lattes, go to work, play games n argue on Twitter all day long n that's bout it
Economy is holding up pretty good(for now), most of the sanctioned goods are back on a market thru unofficial channels.
Nintendo is gone but Zelda was selling here day before launch.

Effect of war are mostly psychological, at least at this point.
Craziness of the News cycle is hittin people hard cos everyone is lying n young people on both sides are dying n no one takes it easy. It is fucking depressing.

Ironbunny

Some prices went up to a degree, noticeable amount of people left but others live as they lived.
They drink their Lattes, go to work, play games n argue on Twitter all day long n that's bout it
Economy is holding up pretty good(for now), most of the sanctioned goods are back on a market thru unofficial channels.

Craziness of the News cycle is hittin people hard cos everyone is lying n young people on both sides are dying n no one takes it easy. It is fucking depressing.

The whole country is a veil of lie from top to bottom (From economy to public opinions). We know they live like nothing has happened. Thats why this war needs to hurt them too. Permanently.

Last edited:

Haha every few weeks some clown turns up trying to says the west is lying or just as bad as each other.

Your entire media is controlled by the kremlin. You see what they want you to see. Russia is toast.

FunkMiller

Yeah. I know. Not aiming to burst this tread's buble. I let people have their war time "i know the situation the way it is" blood thirsty fun

Are you suggesting that we’re thirsty for the blood of the Russian scum who illegally invaded a sovereign nation, and committed multiple acts of genocide and other war crimes at the behest of their pathetic little leader?

Because you’re absolutely right.

Pile those fucking baby raping orc bodies high!

PillsOff

Banned
Haha every few weeks some clown turns up trying to says the west is lying or just as bad as each other.

Your entire media is controlled by the kremlin. You see what they want you to see. Russia is toast.
Oh no... We all forgot it is only you, the genius one who KNOWS how to find the truth.
But not russians, they just watch TV n believe EVERY WORD.

Why would you think that?

News flash - Russians are pretty aware that state propaganda is....(drum roll) state propaganda.

It's you who thinks he is being told truth as it is

Last edited:

BlackTron

Yeah. I know. Not aiming to burst this tread's buble. I let people have their war time "i know the situation the way it is" blood thirsty fun

Hahaha goodbye. The bloodthirsty fun is taking place torturing Ukrainians. The only bloodthirsty fun in this thread in banning stupid asses like yourself.

Tams

Both sides are lying.
Lying like there is no tomorrow while Ukraine getting annihilated.
No one needs to get hurt but everyone will
On the ignore list you go.

I don't know what's worse. Those who outright defend Russia or those who both-sides this under the pretence that 'war is bad'.

Russia started the war and that's all there is to it. They are in the (very) wrong. They are the ones who must be punished and suffer.

Goodbye.

FunkMiller

Well, well, well. This is interesting:

Of course, there will be no Ukrainians involved in this at all.

But it's certainly a good way to draw man power and equipment away from the front lines, and an excellent way of testing Russia's domestic capabilities.

Last edited:

Tams

Well, well, well. This is interesting:

Of course, there will be no Ukrainians involved in this at all.

But it's certainly a good way to draw man power and equipment away from the front lines, and an excellent way of testing Russia's domestic capabilities.

Anti-Kremlin militia claims to have overrun Russian border settlement in Belgorod​

Andrew Roth

Andrew Roth
Andrew Roth, the Guardian’s Moscow correspondent, has this roundup of what we know so far about the incident on Belgorod:

Fighting has broken out along the Russian border with Ukraine after self-described Russian partisan forces launched a cross-border raid and claimed to have overrun a border settlement for the first time in the war.

The Freedom of Russia Legion, which describes itself as an anti-Kremlin militia seeking to overthrow the Kremlin and liberate Russia from Vladimir Putin, claimed to have crossed the border and overrun the settlement of Kozinka, while sending units into the town of Grayvoron in Russia’s Belgorod region.

Any capture of territory has not been independently confirmed by journalists on the ground. The militia has mostly existed on social media and it is not known to have participated in any major battles during the war.

But both Russia and Ukrainian officials have confirmed fighting at the border and social media video has shown armoured vehicles appearing to overrun a Russian border post near Grayvoron.

“We are the same Russians as you,” said a statement put out by the group on social media. “We are distinguished only by the fact that we no longer wanted to justify the actions of criminals in power and took up arms to defend our and your freedom. But today it’s time for everyone to take responsibility for their future. It’s time to put an end to the Kremlin’s dictatorship.”

Other video posted to social media showed a Russian Mi-8 helicopter trailing flares over the town of Kozinka and videos of smoke rising from the settlement with the sounds of emergency sirens clearly audible.

The governor of the Belgorod region confirmed an attack on Monday, writing that “sabotage and reconnaissance group of the armed forces of Ukraine have entered the territory of the Grayvoron district. The armed forces of the Russian Federation, together with the border service, Rosgvardiya and the FSB, are taking the necessary measures to eliminate the enemy.”

Ukraine has disavowed connection to the Russian partisan fighters, saying that they act independently and are not subject to military control.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...08820288726a94#block-646b72518f08820288726a94

Getting very spicy.

needs GIF

Last edited:

PillsOff

Banned
Are you suggesting that we’re thirsty for the blood of the Russian scum who illegally invaded a sovereign nation, and committed multiple acts of genocide and other war crimes at the behest of their pathetic little leader?

Because you’re absolutely right.

Pile those fucking baby raping orc bodies high!

I am suggesting that truth seeking here is way below using this war to have fun, to feel some sweet righteous hate coursing thru your veins.
You ate up the story, squeezed parts of truth n lies from the infoverse into the version that makes you feel what you want n See this conflict as Good Vs Evil fantazy fucking bullshit while actually cheering up whole world tearing Ukraine apart.
And all that is so you can have some fun.

I am suggesting that truth seeking here is way below using this war to have fun, to feel some sweet righteous hate coursing thru your veins.
You ate up the story, squeezed parts of truth n lies from the infoverse into the version that makes you feel what you want n See this conflict as Good Vs Evil fantazy fucking bullshit while actually cheering up whole world tearing Ukraine apart.

Pure projection. You can spare us your fake morals and crocodile tears as your country and its bedfellows, not the whole world, rips Ukraine and itself apart.

Last edited:
You may sound a little saner if you didn't type like a 12 year old

Try dictionary.com

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Maybe you should try the PillsOn setting because this isn't doing much for me.

Top Bottom