• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Thaedolus

Gold Member
How about this one?

Mr. Half Way Around The World Brazil pres against sanctions because he needs Russian fertilizer. Who the hell knew Russia is only place on Earth you buy fertilizer for crops.

Maybe it’s dirt, cheap?
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Last edited:

chromhound

Gold Member

Alebrije

How about this one?

Mr. Half Way Around The World Brazil pres against sanctions because he needs Russian fertilizer. Who the hell knew Russia is only place on Earth you buy fertilizer for crops.

Rusia and China are the Major suppliers of fertilizers to the world. And Rusia has the control of Patassium based fertilizers

So you cant clase your borders to them specially when there is not other place ti find them.

Rossco EZ

All these bans are putting Russia into a corner, its quite unnerving.

Punishing their people could have a alternative outcome by making them get behind the government.
been thinking the same and said it yesterday i think, i can’t see russia going away without taking some territory or something like that.
ukraine won’t want to do that so it’s weird to think what will happen when russia is getting more sanctions by the day

Last edited:

MikeM

BP, Shell, and Equinor are stopping all deals with russia, which is gonna cost a lot of rich folks in russia billions and billions. russia is losing hundreds of billions.
Who needs NATO when you can rely on corporations to just take their money elsewhere. This may be a very hard lesson, and could fuel someone to take out Putin.

haxan7

Banned
The footage coming out of this war, fucking hell...

War in the age of social media is so surreal. The propaganda is amplified, people caught in the thick of it are either streaming everything live or uploading it directly to social media platforms.
I need to stop watching those. I think seeing reality for what it is can be beneficial up to a point, but after you've seen enough of them it just takes an unnecessary toll on the psyche.

MrMephistoX

War in the age of social media is so surreal. The propaganda is amplified, people caught in the thick of it are either streaming everything live or uploading it directly to social media platforms.

I mean #ukraine Twitter videos are bad enough but tend to be recycling the same set of videos over 24 hours…is there somewhere else you’re seeing even rawer stuff? I’ve seen a few bodies and that horrible vid a few pages back with dead German Shepard’s but nothing Saving Private Ryan levels of gore.

Alebrije

Canadian potash companies are like

200.gif
Mistake , its second producer . Canadá has 40% Rusia 20% but even then in the case Rusia stops exporting ..hope.Canada can supply ...in any case would take time to do it.

Last edited:

asustitan

Banned
been thinking the same and said it yesterday i think, i can’t see russia going away without taking some territory or something like that.
ukraine won’t want to do that so it’s weird to think what will happen when russia is getting more sanctions by the day

where do they upload the footage

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yeah I know not the best source as it Russian propaganda but

https://www.rt.com/sport/550885-putin-black-belt-taekwondo/

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been stripped of his honorary taekwondo black belt by the World Taekwondo Federation.
Putin was awarded the prestigious item by the federation's chief, Choue Chung-won, and was also made a grandmaster of the martial art during a November 2013 visit to South Korea, where taekwondo originated.
The World Taekwondo Federation announced the decision in a statement and said that it strongly condemned Russia's military operation in Ukraine, which it said goes "against the World Taekwondo vision of 'Peace is More Precious than Triumph' and the World Taekwondo values of respect and tolerance".
"In this regard, World Taekwondo has decided to withdraw the honorary 9th dan black belt conferred to Mr. Vladimir Putin in November 2013," it continued.
"In solidarity with the International Olympic Committee, no Russian or Belarusian national flags or anthems will be displayed or played at World Taekwondo events," the statement added, while announcing that neither itself nor the European Taekwondo Union will organize or recognize taekwondo events in the two countries moving forward.
"World Taekwondo’s thoughts are with the people of Ukraine," the federation concluded, saying that it hoped for a "peaceful and immediate end" to the conflict.
The World Taekwondo Federation's decision to strip Putin of the honorary black belt is a second personal sporting snub for the leader in recent days.
Judo chiefs make Putin decisionREAD MORE: Judo chiefs make Putin decision
On Sunday, The International Judo Federation (IJF) suspended Putin from his role as its Honorary President and Ambassador, a position which he had held since 2008.
A black belt in that sport too, Putin was a regional champion in his hometown St. Petersburg as a youth, the IJF website says, and also made an instructional DVD named 'Let's Learn Judo with Vladimir Putin' in addition to a book on the discipline distributed to millions of schoolchildren.
The IJF has also canceled this year's Grand Slam scheduled for Kazan in May, but Putin has not yet responded to these measures or those from the World Taekwondo Federation.
Elsewhere on Monday, global and European football bodies FIFA and UEFA banned all Russian teams from international competitions, while the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has similarly made calls for all athletes from Russia and Belarus to be prevented from participating at international events.
Edit. Wait I can quote with images ? Cool.

Last edited:

luffie

Honestly if someone close ends up taking down Putin, this event will end up as a mega blockbuster movie script.

MrMephistoX

Anyone see this threat video from Anonymous?

To me it seems like a dick move if they could pull it off and something that could really trigger a Putin freak out especially if it’s mostly NATO members of anonymous initiating the attack. I’m all for a strong NATO response especially if Putin does something even more atrocious but a 3rd party attack seems like it could do far more harm than good if Putin blames it on the west.

Last edited:

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
Honestly if someone close ends up taking down Putin, this event will end up as a mega blockbuster movie script.
As if a country led bravely by a jewish comedian in the midst of an all out invasion meant, according to the leader of the invading country, to "denazify" it, while being cheered on for that by real neonazis in other countries, wasn't already enough material for a great story.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
How do you know that there was no military presence there? From Twitter?

Of course Russia would like to capture Ukraine with as few civilian causalities as possible. They need people to support their future puppet government that they want to install in Kiev. What they didn't expect is such a heavy resistance from Ukrainians.

Shallow? Maybe. You will never understand what's going on if you think with your heart and not your brain.
Considering Putin's brain dead with his decision making, I don't know I could possibly "think" my way through this situation. You tell me?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Will probably get delay until next week lol
They are not doing themselves any favors - the longer the pause lasts the more sanctions will get imposed. I don't think Moscow exchange has circuit breakers like Dow Jones, so the drop will be something for history books. Let's see:
  • No Russian planes can land in Europe
  • Russians are banned from sports events, FIFA, UEFA
  • Russia is losing any international sports events they were to host
  • Even fucking Switzerland is pushing with sanctions
  • Entities and pulling out with any deals with Russian companies - Schalke 04, UEFA, etc.
  • Russia kicked off SWIFT
  • Russian Central Bank have their foreign reserves frozen
  • UK and US are specifically targeting oligarchs
  • EU is dramatically shifting to non-Russian energy sources
  • Nord Stream 2 is dead
  • The list go on

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Russia is to broke to buy/use new gear. Putin spent the money on a new mansion
putins-palace-1024x569.jpg
This place says exactly what that queen thinks of themself. "ooh, imagine how regal I look in this well earned palace. Guests coming from all over the world to admire me and my brilliance in this perfect setting."

Will keep them safer than Vova does his own citizens since no one wants to kill them here. How else could they enjoy their lessons?
Someone may aim air horns at their consulate. HONK! But, it would be tyrannical to stop anyone from doing so.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

There is probably thousands of military theroests writing thesis on the propaganda going on right now. It is absolutely insane. Ukraine are absolute masters at this so far.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Russian troops are actually getting closer to Kyiv. Tonight and tomorrow morning are going to be critical for the city.

I hope they can keep up the resistance.
They have been getting closer but they have been taking heavy casualties trying to do it.

Russia has embarrassed itself and destroyed it's economy just so it could unite the world against it. Unbelievable.

Mistake

As if a country led bravely by a jewish comedian in the midst of an all out invasion meant, according to the leader of the invading country, to "denazify" it, while being cheered on for that by real neonazis in other countries, wasn't already enough material for a great story.
I have actually looked for these neonazis people keep talking about, and all I found were glowies, or larpers on telegram. Please show me these pro russian cheerleaders

As for Ukraine, true or not, is it really so surprising that Putin would use what is reported by western media against them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom