• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
From the same page:

J6EvPJI.jpg

He likes GDC.

GDC stands for Game Developers Conference.

The same event where Kojima showed this:

hideo-kojima-mask-660x390.jpg

Canavero says in his interview that the patient will undergo an "intensive VR training and conditioning" for 3 months before the operation, to simulate his new body.

No, frothing like water that has become white. It can also mean "truly whitened with age", referring to someone's hair colour.

You're right, I got it mixed up with "canis". I remember seeing a sign at Pompeii, "cave canum", or "beware of the dogs". Though if "canavero" is a truncated form of "canale vero", then it would be "true channel" in his Italian.

CookTrain

I think we've gone too deep... I think we've made a grave error.

Kojima didn't make this guy up to promote MGSV.

... He made up Kojima to prepare the world for his operation. Now he's nearing the time to give it a shot, Kojima has outlived his purpose.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
metal gear fans

not even once

He is completely serious. Again, he is a respected and internationally renowned, if controversial, neurosurgeon.

If all of this speculation is correct, it's a case of cross-promotion or collaboration.

pizzacat

Banned
He is completely serious. Again, he is a respected and internationally renowned, if controversial, neurosurgeon.

If all of this speculation is correct, it's a case of cross-promotion or collaboration.
He's tired of the pressure. Quitting after this surgery and taking over KojiPro

eso76

Guys, this is fascinating but he's a real doctor, and he was the first ever to successfully wake a person from a permanent vegetative state through cortical stimulation in 2008.

Andrefpvs

I think we've gone too deep... I think we've made a grave error.

Kojima didn't make this guy up to promote MGSV.

... He made up Kojima to prepare the world for his operation. Now he's nearing the time to give it a shot, Kojima has outlived his purpose.

A Sergio Canavero game

Dawg

A lot of stuff in this thread reminds me about #TeamCG. I still remember how people would come up with the craziest proof and defend it.

You only see what you want to see.

Some of you are seeing what you want to see. Sure, the doctor seen in MGSV may bear a striking resemblance to Dr. Canavero, but it ends there.

At the end of the day, Dr. Canavero is a REAL neurosurgeon who has published over 100 scientific papers concerning the field of his expertise.

And this picture
7341_686351998101149_9116681788618782008_n.jpg

is another coincidence. Bioengineering has come an incredibly long way in the past few decades. Case given, this bioengineer from MIT has developed fully functional bionic legs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w

Firequake

Neo Member
Interesting. I wonder what game is that...
Production and testing of mobile and PC games: - Developing and maintaining production Pipeline; - Project management; - Provision of a virtual office , accounting operations; - Interaction with outsourcers; Released a few dozen titles, including games series " Masha and the Bear ", " Mashas Tales" ,"Belka and Strelka 2 : Lunar Adventures " the game, constituting the main company sales. Created a corporate website and internal organization portal on the basis of popular, flexible CMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom