• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't those just suggestions for the user browsing the site?

No, here is the breakdown:

1)val spiridonov who is supposed to be undergoing the procedure, a friend of his makes a post about the ted talk given by Sergio Canavero

2)Same friend posts a link for research that says severed limbs are being healed by liquid metal.

oti

Banned
From the same page:

J6EvPJI.jpg

I can't handle this.

Dawg

I'm willing to bet a one-month ban that you guys are wrong. These dudes aren't secretly promoting MGS V. Why the hell would Kojima even pick out a paralyzed person to be part of this? That's going too far. Kojima using this doctor as inspiration for the in-game character is as far as I'll go.

No, here is the breakdown:

1)val spiridonov who is supposed to be undergoing the procedure, a friend of his makes a post about the ted talk given by Sergio Canavero

2)Same friend posts a link for research that says severed limbs are being healed by liquid metal.

Oh I see so it was the nanomachines all along !!!

I'm willing to bet a one-month ban that you guys are wrong. These dudes aren't secretly promoting MGS V. Why the hell would Kojima even pick out a paralyzed person to be part of this? That's going too far. Kojima using this doctor as inspiration for the in-game character is as far as I'll go.

No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

CookTrain

What's the context of this picture exactly?

Well... isn't that a story.

When MGSV was first revealed. It wasn't revealed. A mystery studio called Moby Dick Studio headed by a crazy swede wrapped in bandages called Joakim Mogren was having a presentation instead. The game he demo'd was quickly figured to be MGSV, but the facade continued with a personal appearance in an interview with our man Geoff.

8KW6o7l.jpg

Some time later, the game was shown again with a live appearance by "Joakim". Joakim, this time, was Kojima in a weird prosthetic face and that picture is briefly after he removed his false face.

This is all true.

There was also a... let's call it a discussion on the nature of Joakim. You might assume the discussion would centre around the identity of him. The discussion actually centred around if he was a product of the Fox Engine or not.

He was.

(That is not true.)

Despera

Banned
So I finally went through the entire thread...

sOG0JgE.gif

Today's my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better gift from GAF :)

Same for me. Maybe Kojima knows the person getting the surgery since he's somewhat involved in the industry and lives in an area in MGSV. Or he also looked up info about phantom pain and such and found the doctor. Many possibilities that don't seem too ridiculous at all. Also, what would be the payoff of this whole thing if it was a big advertising ploy for MGSV?

oti

Banned

When MGSV was first revealed. It wasn't revealed. A mystery studio called Moby Dick Studio headed by a crazy swede wrapped in bandages called Joakim Mogren was having a presentation instead. The game he demo'd was quickly figured to be MGSV, but the facade continued with a personal appearance in an interview with our man Geoff.

Some time later, the game was shown again with a live appearance by "Joakim". Joakim, this time, was Kojima in a weird prosthetic face.

This is all true.

All of this happened while no new footage from The Last Guardian has been shown. Think about it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Some time later, the game was shown again with a live appearance by "Joakim". Joakim, this time, was Kojima in a weird prosthetic face and that picture is briefly after he removed his false face.

This is all true.

You forgot the bit where the internet believed the personal appearance of Joakim was actually a Fox Engine demo.

Dawg

I don't mind making crazy theories for fun. It's when people start believing them that the fun is over :p I still remember #TeamCG trying to convince me their proof was legit, too.

Also, I think it wouldn't be a good idea to promote a videogame this way. Who knows how many paralyzed people out there are actually looking forward to this research & the surgery? Hoping it'll succeed? If they find out all of this was just part of videogame marketing... I don't know... why would Kojima even promote his game this way? It's releasing in five months and I don't see how... or why... this kind of marketing is needed.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat all the crow there is.

Cryxo93

Banned
I don't mind making crazy theories for fun. It's when people start believing them that the fun is over :p I still remember #TeamCG trying to convince me their proof was legit, too.

Also, I think it wouldn't be a good idea to promote a videogame this way. Who knows how many paralyzed people out there are actually looking forward to this research & the surgery? Hoping it'll succeed? If they find out all of this was just part of videogame marketing... I don't know... why would Kojima even promote his game this way? It's releasing in five months and I don't see how... or why... this kind of marketing is needed.

tumblr_mgb0j4je4l1r42abto1_500.gif

What's the context of this picture exactly?

https://youtu.be/QZFR4H4LORU?t=492

Konami ditching Fox Engine CONFIRMED

Camouflaj used the Unity3D engine for their first game Republique. The developer is made up of personnel who worked on Metal Gear Solid 4, and David Hayter is also a voice actor in the game. Val Spiridonov has unity files on his desktop. The first letter in Val's name is "V". V for 5. This is all viral marketing for a MGSV Mobile game on iOS using the Unity engine. Co developed by Camouflaj.

*takes a sip of ocelot orange*

I bet Kojima read a bunch of this doctor's stuff when researching phantom pain/limb replacement and maybe even contacted him. Then one day he jokingly told the guy, "You've been such a big help, I should model the doctor in the game after you. lol"

"Go ahead."

"AHAHAHAH, THIS IS AWESOME!!!"

The guy does look spot-on, though. I mean, leaving aside all the coincidences and thematic connections, it's pretty crazy.

chadskin

If they find out all of this was just part of videogame marketing... I don't know... why would Kojima even promote his game this way? It's releasing in five months and I don't see how... or why... this kind of marketing is needed.

It could be part video game marketing, part head transplant "marketing", like getting people to talk about it and all, to sort of test the waters in terms of what society thinks and/or as a way for the doctor to drum up interest and raise money. You didn't see his paper on head transplant hit the mainstream media in 2013, while this certainly did, across the globe.

Not saying it's true at all but both could theoretically profit from it. "Here's how I perform a head transplant in MGS V, I'd like to do the same in real life, so please give me all your money" or something. I mean, the doctor is real, his work goes back way into the 90s and the patient is a real dude, too, so it's not all made up just for video game marketing purposes.

Nice try, but it's Mei Ling the only chinese name in the series, unless i'm missing something

Didn't even think of the MGS characters, more of CGSociety. You know, #TeamCG and all. :p

DrunkDan

I guess that Kojima saw the head transplant doctor and modelled an in game head transplant doctor after him?

Or is that too rational for this thread? Some of the other stuff seems absolutely incredible but I'm trying not to get lost down that rabbit hole haha.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I bet Kojima read a bunch of this doctor's stuff when researching phantom pain/limb replacement and maybe even contacted him. Then one day he jokingly told the guy, "You've been such a big help, I should model the doctor in the game after you. lol"

"Go ahead."

"AHAHAHAH, THIS IS AWESOME!!!"

:rimshot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom