• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowdive

Banned
Guys, do you remember this words from kojima 5 years ago?

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo," he wrote. "If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good."

Missed the other part about the ally. Added to the thread recap.

Mechazawa

ITT, crazies don't understand 3d modelers need to use references and undermine what a marketing fuckup it would be try to pass someone off as a legitimate medical practitioner for a video game.

This is insanity >.>

THIS IS PHANTOM PAIN!

ibvei9SsOewq5J.gif

d0g_bear

This is the insantiy I want from videogames and twenty first century media. Blurring lines between reality and fantasy.

oti

Banned
Sakurai: "hey Kojibruh, Snake won't be in the new Smash Bruhs, don't be salty k?"
Kojima: "k Sakubruhi, it's cool breh, it's cool."
Samurai: "k"

Kojima, thinking: "no broahuh it's not k you will see YOU WILL ALL SEE!"

It's pretty late, I should go to sleep

AJLma

Guys, do you remember this words from kojima 5 years ago?

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo," he wrote. "If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good."

Lol. This is now officially insane.

Soulflarz

Banned
ITT, crazies don't understand 3d modelers need to use references and undermine what a marketing fuckup it would be try to pass someone off as a legitimate medical practitioner for a video game.

Would it really be a marketing fuckup? Looking at this thread so far...

The Kio Marv speculation doesn't make sense for a few reasons

1. Kio Marv was a biological scientist who created OILIX which was a genetically oil producing thing. he wasn't a medical doctor

2. OILIX never played a role after MG 2: Solid Snake..so i assume Kojima doesn't care about that plot point and always thought that would of been retconned if Kojima did a MG and MG 2 remake

same with Madnar speculation..Madnar was a robotics scientist not a medical doctor

Well, I haven't played Metal gear 2, so to be honest I didn't know that. I was only going by other peoples speculation.

And as for the Madnar thing
Snatcher did have a Modnar character who was a biological engineer.Though I guess he would've bee like the grandson (or son?) to the Madnar from Metal Gear.

Mechazawa

Would it really be a marketing fuckup? Looking at this thread so far...

Yeah, let's look at a video game forum thread about what a great mastermind troll Kojima-san is to see how outlets would react to a neuroscientist who's been spotlighted in the media as coming out at as being an actor for a video game publisher.

Soulflarz

Banned
I haven't heard nearly enough Jet Fuel Cant Melt Steel Beams posts, just saying :p

Yeah, let's look at a video game forum thread about what a great mastermind troll Kojima-san is to see how outlets would react to a neuroscientist who's been spotlighted in the media as coming out at as being an actor for a video game publisher.

Uh...I'm not seeing Konami getting killed over this regardless, seeing as its a stunt. MGS fans will buy MGS anyways.

(now, world at large? I would like to see how this would be taken, if only out of my deep schadenfreude)

MattyG

Banned
What could go wrong?

duotres

Neo Member
I remember that words from kojima about his Taboo project because it was really weird to hear that from him, and then he announced another metal gear, what was the taboo about that? (i know about the slave children and a lot of mature themes in the game), but why say that he could leave the industry, now, 5 years later, maybe that words have some more relevance, if he is messing with the media at this level, the backlash will be big, that's maybe what konami didnt want to be a part of.

hohoXD123

I remember that words from kojima about his Taboo project because it was really weird to hear that from him, and then he announced another metal gear, what was the taboo about that? (i know about the slave children and a lot of mature themes in the game), but why say that he could leave the industry, now, 5 years later, maybe that words have some more relevance, if he is messing with the media at this level, the backlash will be big, that's maybe what konami didnt want to be a part of.

Why fire him now though? If this is all true, he'd have had to set things in motion at least 2 and a half years ago.

CookTrain

Why fire him now though? If this is all true, he'd have had to set things in motion about 2 and a half years ago.

They have just been through a restructuring. Perhaps they looked at the KojiPro books and saw quite a number of unauthorised donations, dug a little deeper and oh my golly gosh.

Damnit Kojima, you told us this was being spent on flaming whale tech!!

chadskin

Nah this was all done with Konami knowing about it. The taboo quote was the first of this troll.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's the second house on the right from the front. Has five mailboxes. FISHY, I tell you.

On the other hand, the Turin University of Technology is like 10 minutes away per car, so who knows. :p

Not necessarily. Looks like the guy has no serious academic affiliation and just made up his own "think tank" organization to sound more important. Other crackpots in other fields have done the same.

RowdyReverb

Supposing Kojima drew inspiration from this surgeon and not only used his likeness, but had the doctor end up doing some activities of questionable ethics, would that be legal without the guy's permission?

Not necessarily. Looks like the guy has no serious academic affiliation and just made up his own "think tank" organization to sound more important. Other crackpots in other fields have done the same.

Nah, he works in one of Italy's best hospitals. He is the real deal (as a neurosurgeon), but he's also a big publicity-seeker.

CookTrain

Supposing Kojima drew inspiration from this surgeon and not only used his likeness, but had the doctor end up doing some activities of questionable ethics, would that be legal without the guy's permission?

If he can prove that that's what happened. It'd be easy as anything to argue he's just your standard mad scientist trope. For example, he looks just like Dr Bosconovitch from Tekken with a haircut as well.

Nah this was all done with Konami knowing about it. The taboo quote was the first of this troll.

I truly think MGS V will be one, if not the most controversial video game of all time, just because of the quotes by Kojima but also the serious themes (race, revenge, torture, child soldiers etc. etc.)...

MGS V will be amazing,.but it will get alot of backlash for its themes in the gaming media no doubt, it would be hard to deny that, more so than any game in a long, long time

Mexen

TANG, huh?

Tang | Define Tang at Dictionary.com
a long and slender projecting strip, tongue, or
prong forming part of an object, as a chisel, file,
or knife, and serving as a ...
dictionary.reference.com/browse/tang

Big Boss's horn.

chadskin

Canavero is set to appear at a meeting of The American Academy of Neurological and Orthopedic Surgeons in June:
In June 2015, he will push science forward and prove that a severed spinal cord can be reconnected with another one. The consequences? Not only the cure of hopeless disorders, but the opening of a new frontier: life extension. You will hear from him directly why he will be the first to achieve a full head transplant which will hold the key to the future of mankind. And more…
http://aanos.org/meetings/next-meeting/sergio-canavero-md/

That meeting is set for June 12-13 and you know what's from June 16-18? Yeah, E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom