• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball announced. (New IP,F2P) Am I the only one interested?

terrisus

"And remember that if the ball hits the batter, it's a dead ball. But hopefully not a dead batter."
Ray Chapman dislikes this.

(Got the umpiring game for $1.90)

Coconut

Banned
Nintendo has made mini-game collections before. I'm not sure if I understand your objection. Are you opposed to the entire genre? Or did you simply play this already and you don't like it? In either case, I don't see what this has to do with your original post about this being F2P.

Oh well, I haven't even tried it yet since I'm at work. I should probably give it a go before I post in this thread again.

I feel that it is a sub par product that being sold peice meal to fetch a higher price. As opposed to other free to play experiences which are much more realized and ask you to pay if you so desire.

terrisus

I feel that it is a sub par product that being sold peice meal to fetch a higher price. As opposed to other free to play experiences which are much more realized and ask you to pay if you so desire.

Considering you made your first post an hour after the game was released, how much did you play of it?
Or did you not play it at all, and are just deciding that it's a sub-par product without playing it?

Coconut

Banned
Considering you made your first post an hour after the game was released, how much did you play of it?
Or did you not play it at all, and are just deciding that it's a sub-par product without playing it?

I've played it before it's release and a friend also let my play it on their 3DS here at work for 20 minutes or so. I'm sorry that my opinion is different from yours and think that it at its lowest from what I have heard would cost around 18$ For all the mini games, and that I think that's a rip off. Don't get all worked up we are having a discussion.

terrisus

I've played it before it's release and a friend also let my play it on their 3DS here at work for 20 minutes or so. I'm sorry that my opinion is different from yours and think that it at its lowest from what I have heard would cost around 18$ For all the mini games, and that I think that's a rip off. Don't get all worked up we are having a discussion.

Well, so far all you've really said is that you think it is "sub-par" and criticising it for being sold "piece-meal" (mentioned across multiple posts).

While it's true that it's being sold in parts, I don't see that as a bad thing. Give people the opportunity to buy what they want, and skip what they don't (I have no interest in that bat-carving thing for instance, so I'll pass on that).

And regarding saying it's "sub-par," as opposed to just repeating that, it would be nice to get some thoughts on why you felt that way.

Coconut

Banned
Well, so far all you've really said is that you think it is "sub-par" and criticising it for being sold "piece-meal" (mentioned across multiple posts).

While it's true that it's being sold in parts, I don't see that as a bad thing. Give people the opportunity to buy what they want, and skip what they don't (I have no interest in that bat-carving thing for instance, so I'll pass on that).

And regarding saying it's "sub-par," as opposed to just repeating that, it would be nice to get some thoughts on why you felt that way.

My opinion is based completely on pricing and each game on its own aren't fun and are created around this haggle mechanic which is to convince you that you are getting a deal when Nintendo has realistically set the price point to only go so low to make a maximum profit. YOUR MONEY is part of the games mechanics and that's what makes it a sub par product. It feels dirty.

terrisus

My opinion is based completely on pricing and each game on its own aren't fun and are created around this haggle mechanic which is to convince you that you are getting a deal when Nintendo has realistically set the price point to only go so low to make a maximum profit. YOUR MONEY is part of the games mechanics and that's what makes it a sub par product. It feels dirty.

I definitely disagree that each game on its own isn't fun. So far I've only played 2 of the games so far and am enjoying them very much. For $3.90 for those two games, frankly, I could be very happy with just that.

I'm sorry if the underlying idea bothers you that much. I think it's kind of silly, although no moreso than plenty of other issues that I have with digital distribution (which I won't get into so as to not sidetrack this thread too much). But, I'm enjoying the games for what I've paid for them.

Top Bottom