• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY |OT| Volume 5 starts October 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

naeS

I love the new animation. Definitely allows more emotion to come through, but Nora's face seems off to me.

Episode 2 -
I was glad to see Ironwood. One of my favorites after last Volume. The end was so good. Right in the feels.

Y'know, I'm going to make a contrarian guess from everyone else's concerning Cinder.

She'll be betrayed by the others and cut loose/left for dead once they don't need her anymore. All in all, it seems like she needs them more than they need her. Maybe turned into some abomination through whatever 'Treatments' Salem has planned. Still have too little info at this point to be making any real predictions IMO.

Y'know, I'm going to make a contrarian guess from everyone else's concerning Cinder.

She'll be betrayed by the others and cut loose/left for dead once they don't need her anymore. All in all, it seems like she needs them more than they need her. Maybe turned into some abomination through whatever 'Treatments' Salem has planned. Still have too little info at this point to be making any real predictions IMO.
Emerald and Mercury are probably more likely than Cinder to make a face-turn. They did NOT seem comfortable among the villains.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
First they sink
Arkos
and now ya'll are saying they'll deny me my
White Rose? Why are the ships I don't care or like the ones happening. First Bumblebee now this smh

Why can't I win ;_;

I'd say
Bumblebee still has a chance.
*fingers crossed*

Seeing a lot of black bars here- should we set spoiler policy for this thread?

I believe last volume the rule was to tag spoilers until after the episode has gone up on YouTube/CrunchyRoll, in which case episode 1 should be fine to discuss un-tagged now.

i meant to say that bumblee was obviously happening and now you guys are speculating ruby and Jaune. I'm indifferent to bumblebee and I don't want ruby/jaune :p

I don't get why Bumblebee is popular/realistic compared to White Rose. If anything, Ruby has shown way more affection to Weiss than (Yang/Blake) has to (Blake/Yang)

SDBurton

i meant to say that bumblee was obviously happening and now you guys are speculating ruby and Jaune. I'm indifferent to bumblebee and I don't want ruby/jaune :p

I hear you. I would LOVE for White Rose to happen, but since Arkos is off the table I feel like that pairing is doomed. Bumblebee was growing on me for awhile, but by the end of the third volume I was all in for the idea. With Yang's concept art giving a headnod to the pairing, I'll be so sad if it doesn't come to be.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Cinder and her crew were already pretty strong. I wonder how strong the other members of team WTCH are.

TrueBlue

I could see Ruby not ending up with anyone romantically at the end. "Her true love is being a huntress" being an angle I could see them taking.

Which is fine by me. Not every character needs a romantic endgame or whatnot. Even if White Rose and Bumblebee have my backing. I imagine it would be one or the other, not both.

I could see Ruby not ending up with anyone romantically at the end. "Her true love is being a huntress" being an angle I could see them taking.

Which is fine by me. Not every character needs a romantic endgame or whatnot. Even if White Rose and Bumblebee have my backing. I imagine it would be one or the other, not both.

While I can definitely see Ruby being single at the end of the series, I do think she's going to get a romance before things are over. If memory serves me right, the story of RWBY is supposed to go all the way into Ruby's adulthood (so anywhere from 18 to early/mid 20's) and Lindsay even mentioned recently in a Q&A that she thinks Ruby might become interested in dating when she gets older, but for now, she's just interested in being a huntress, slaying monsters and saving the world. So bearing that in mind, I think we're bound to see Ruby get interested in relationships eventually.

White Rose definitely won't happen as a romance. Neither Lindsay or Kara seem fond of the pair as a romance and I get the impression that the others behind-the-scenes in RWBY likely agree with them (seriously the most 'shippy' moment WR has ever had was a parody "NOOOOOOO" in the Food Fight from V2).

However Bumbleby is a whole other story. Barb and Arryn are notorious for shipping the hell out of it and have been since the days of V1, and there's a ton of support for it among the folks working on RWBY and RWBY Chibi at RT. Not to mention the more recent story developments for Yang and Blake point to towards them having a romance arc in the volumes to come.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the most likely primary romances we'll see in the main cast are Lancaster, Renora and Bumbleby. However I could totally see them axing Jaune off in the final battle and ending the series TTGL-style with a bittersweet ending of Ruby being single again and continuing to travel across Remnant as a wandering badass Huntress.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
While I can definitely see Ruby being single at the end of the series, I do think she's going to get a romance before things are over. If memory serves me right, the story of RWBY is supposed to go all the way into Ruby's adulthood (so anywhere from 18 to early/mid 20's) and Lindsay even mentioned recently in a Q&A that she thinks Ruby might become interested in dating when she gets older, but for now, she's just interested in being a huntress, slaying monsters and saving the world. So bearing that in mind, I think we're bound to see Ruby get interested in relationships eventually.

White Rose definitely won't happen as a romance. Neither Lindsay or Kara seem fond of the pair as a romance and I get the impression that the others behind-the-scenes in RWBY likely agree with them (seriously the most 'shippy' moment WR has ever had was a parody "NOOOOOOO" in the Food Fight from V2).

However Bumbleby is a whole other story. Barb and Arryn are notorious for shipping the hell out of it and have been since the days of V1, and there's a ton of support for it among the folks working on RWBY and RWBY Chibi at RT. Not to mention the more recent story developments for Yang and Blake point to towards them having a romance arc in the volumes to come.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the most likely primary romances we'll see in the main cast are Lancaster, Renora and Bumbleby. However I could totally see them axing Jaune off in the final battle and ending the series TTGL-style with a bittersweet ending of Ruby being single again and continuing to travel across Remnant as a wandering badass Huntress.

If Jaune dies I want it to be awesome like Zack Fair's.

I mean it is a better ship 😉

I take it you're not a Yang fan then?

T_T

At least there's hope for Bumblebee. :D

I'm honestly surprised that Weiss is the girl who got labeled by fans with the "useless lesbian" meme, seeing as how she seems to be the straightest member on Team RWBY. She wanted to go with Neptune back in the investigation at the start of V2 and even went to ask him to go to the dance with her.

But yeah, there's a lot of hope for Bumblebee IMO. That said, I'd definitely expect this volume to contain a good amount of angst for that ship though, considering how V3 ended for Yang and Blake.

I take it you're not a Yang fan then?

I'm honestly surprised that Weiss is the girl who got labeled by fans with the "useless lesbian" meme, seeing as how she seems to be the straightest member on Team RWBY. She wanted to go with Neptune back in the investigation at the start of V2 and even went to ask him to go to the dance with her.

But yeah, there's a lot of hope for Bumblebee IMO. That said, I'd definitely expect this volume to contain a good amount of angst for that ship though, considering how V3 ended for Yang and Blake.

The read I get on the main seven-

Definitely Straight - Jaune, Weiss, Nora. All have shown interest in the opposite sex (Jaune with Weiss and Pyrrha, Weiss with Neptune, Nora with Ren),none in the same sex.

Possibly Bi - Yang, Blake. Both have shown interest in guys (Blake with Adam and Sun, Yang oogling shirtless boys their first night at Beacon), but there have been a few scenes where they seem to play for romantic tension between the two

Not enough data - Ruby and Ren. Could be asexual, could develop romantic plots later in the series, I could see Ren being gay - Nora's thirsting, but he's either oblivious or not interested.

The read I get on the main seven-

Definitely Straight - Jaune, Weiss, Nora. All have shown interest in the opposite sex (Jaune with Weiss and Pyrrha, Weiss with Neptune, Nora with Ren),none in the same sex.

Possibly Bi - Yang, Blake. Both have shown interest in guys (Blake with Adam and Sun, Yang oogling shirtless boys their first night at Beacon), but there have been a few scenes where they seem to play for romantic tension between the two

Not enough data - Ruby and Ren. Could be asexual, could develop romantic plots later in the series, I could see Ren being gay - Nora's thirsting, but he's either oblivious or not interested.
What scenes?

What scenes?

There were a few- Yang giving Blake the lecture in volume 2 about slowing down, some of the stuff around their duel with Adam. Of course, this could also be a Sam and Frodo thing - where it's just a really strong friendship that people read as romantic because that kind of deep "bromance" isn't really seen in media. (Also could be Barbara and Arryn throwing their own shipping into the line delivery)

naeS

Chapter 3

This episode needed more Yang. Sucks to see her so down. :( Hopefully she gets her own episode next. The boat fight was my favorite so far. Blake using Sun's semblance to get up above Grim Gyarados was awesome. Overall, I liked it. Also, I totally see Emerald and Mercury coming to the good side. They are just to frightened by everything Salem.

Chapter 3

This episode needed more Yang. Sucks to see her so down. :( Hopefully she gets her own episode next. The boat fight was my favorite so far. Blake using Sun's semblance to get up above Grim Gyarados was awesome. Overall, I liked it. Also, I totally see Emerald and Mercury coming to the good side. They are just to frightened by everything Salem.

Yep...

Chapter 3

I think I've been pretty accurate on the trauma I think most of the main cast is going through, Yang clearly has PTSD and I wish we got to see more of her but YAY ROBO ARM! I mean she may not end up using it for awhile but I'm glad to see it showed up fairly quickly they aren't going to drag on if she will/won't with it and I like that Ironwood was ready and like 'Yang? Absofuckinglootly she can have a robot arm!'

Then you have Blake who is completely terrified of everything around her although at least Sun hopefully might get her spirits up, and yep going back home to protect her parents from Adam most likely. The Captain character was pretty great too, one I would like to see more of but I doubt it. Only thing off with her segments was that I felt the Voice acting for Blake was a bit off at times, sometimes it was on point others it felt off (not exactly phoned in or anything but it didn't sound normal) which might be intentional because of how afraid she is right now.

The villains scene was also really interesting, from what I gathered its either hinting that Ozpin did something with this 'relic' Salem wants or hes still alive but Cinder seems pretty sure she killed him. Could the relic have been his cane which Crow was shown as having at the end of volume 3? Also I loved seeing Emerald and Mercury get all weirded out by that jellyfish grim thing. I don't know if they'll end up trying to actually get away (they don't certainly seem comfortable with Salems group) but I think if they try to that one or both of them will end up dead trying to escape and killed by Salem.

The battle was pretty good, still a bit janky at times when they want to use the faster motions but overall it was really well animated and so far I'm loving how much more they are using the Semblances compared to before. I mentioned this about Episode 1 but Ruby was using her speed to basically fly around everywhere and then how here with both Blake and Sun's semblances being used for more then just attacking the enemy like they did before. I've been rewatching the last few seasons and its a huge shift in this season with how actively they are using the Semblances now compared to before. Pretty much Weiss was the only one who actively used her glyphs all of the time (She is the caster of the team basically) and so did Blake but she only did it to avoid attacks, here shes using it much more then before and not just to avoid attacks but also to give her a boost to attack as well.

As much as the combat in the first two seasons was awesome outside of specific moments and certain characters these abilities were mostly low key until the plot demanded it (like yang losing her hair and going super sayjin, granted hers is something that is built up but the way her battles played out it was almost in the same way every time... well for the battles she ended up winning at least XD) rather then as an active ability they are constantly using and in different ways. Only Pyrrah and Weiss were using their abilities to the fullest throughout the first few seasons where Ruby clearly used her speed a lot but it was mostly off screen except for certain moments.

My point here is although the animation of the combat is not as flashy and quick as it once was without Monty at the helm at the very least I think the team is adapting these powers really well and making better use of them which helps the battles play out rather well still even though there is a sharp contrast from the battles of the first two seasons to these newer two.

Hope we see more of Yang next time, and I really hope Raven shows up and either A. makes everything worse (because Raven is clearly not a kind and gentle mother) which causes Yang to get over her depression or B. Is able to level with Yang and help her get over her depression. IDK I think either way Raven's not going to exactly be nice but if shes going to be any kind of emotional support for Yang in this series... this would likely be the best time. Although I still think shes likely either a maiden or apart of the villains... The latter being more likely IMO because her intro had very menacing music playing, she wears a grim mask (similar to the white fang), and Crow says she has a really different way of looking at the world. Either way I want to see more of Raven.

So, my thoughts on episode 3:

I absolutely loved the Yang segment, her face and body language is so much more expressive than anything else we've seen thus far. And that scene with the arm is pretty foreshadowing, I'm of a mind she may become stronger in spite of having one arm, or her wearing the arm will be the symbol that she has moved forwards. Either way, this is a great route to take.

As for Blake, yeah it was cool to see her & Sun in action, but you could have maybe given us the Grimm next episode, and have made this one a further stretch of character development for her/Sun & spent more reflective time with Yang.

Overall though, the fighting itself was good, much like the Geist fight, though I'm still feeling a sense of disjointed movement from shot to shot. Hoping that is just something that irons itself out as the animation department start getting some flair in choreography.

As a whole, another solid foot forwards, I've yet to see an epsiode I haven't finished asking for more, so RT doing their job, eh?

EDIT:
Also, hope for Bumblebee given how buddy-cop Blake and Sun are being, and the worst kept secret it seems, Cinder lied about Ozpin.

So, my thoughts on episode 3:

I absolutely loved the Yang segment, her face and body language is so much more expressive than anything else we've seen thus far. And that scene with the arm is pretty foreshadowing, I'm of a mind she may become stronger in spite of having one arm, or her wearing the arm will be the symbol that she has moved forwards. Either way, this is a great route to take.

As for Blake, yeah it was cool to see her & Sun in action, but you could have maybe given us the Grimm next episode, and have made this one a further stretch of character development for her/Sun & spent more reflective time with Yang.

Overall though, the fighting itself was good, much like the Geist fight, though I'm still feeling a sense of disjointed movement from shot to shot. Hoping that is just something that irons itself out as the animation department start getting some flair in choreography.

As a whole, another solid foot forwards, I've yet to see an epsiode I haven't finished asking for more, so RT doing their job, eh?

EDIT:
Also, hope for Bumblebee given how buddy-cop Blake and Sun are being, and the worst kept secret it seems, Cinder lied about Ozpin.

Apparently it's not uncommon for real-life amputees to reject getting a prosthesis at first, as getting it would mean accepting that they'll never get their actual limb back. So yeah, I'm pretty certain that Yang will eventually don the prosthetic once she finds her fighting spirit again. No way they have her actually try to fight one-armed for the rest of the series.

Also, I really loved Taiyang in that Patch sequence. Burnie's doing a great job as the loving dad in this role. Especially fitting since he's playing off of Barb here. Tai and Ironwood are by far the two best/nicest adult characters in the show so far. Speaking of Ironwood, good on him for immediately starting work on having his folks make Yang a top-grade prosthetic arm after the Fall of Beacon without anyone asking him first. Can't wait to eventually see him and Yang talk about that somewhere down the road.

Yeah, the buddy cop angle for Blake and Sun was pretty hilarious in this episode. Kinda surprised that Sun hasn't taken the hint yet that Blake doesn't reciprocate his feelings though. Guessing that means he'll either figure it out over the course of the volume or they'll briefly hook up and then Sun gets killed by Adam a la Pyrrha.

I think Cinder's probably telling the truth, or at least thinks she is. The relic Salem was referring to is probably Ozpin's cane, which Qrow is now in possession of. I'm betting that will raise Qrow's death flags up a lot once Salem and Co. figure out where it is.

SDBurton

Episode - 03

Not sure if I mentioned this in my earlier posts, but they have definitely upped their game in the facial expression department.

Happy we finally got a Yang scene, and I'm excited at the idea of her equipping herself with a robotic arm a la Ironwood (who by the way, massive respect points for helping out our girl!). As we all figured she's dealing with some heavy PTSD since the fall of Beacon, and not having her sister nor her teammates at her side will definitely add to the difficulty of overcoming it. She's a fighter though, and I can't wait to see how her personal arc develops.

Blake's segment was nice, though I was getting quickly tired of Sun's flirtatious antics for obvious reasons. Throw him off the boat the next chance you get Blake, please. Here's hoping next episode will be a focus on Yang/Ruby.

Apparently it's not uncommon for real-life amputees to reject getting a prosthesis at first, as getting it would mean accepting that they'll never get their actual limb back. So yeah, I'm pretty certain that Yang will eventually don the prosthetic once she finds her fighting spirit again. No way they have her actually try to fight one-armed for the rest of the series.

Also, I really loved Taiyang in that Patch sequence. Burnie's doing a great job as the loving dad in this role. Especially fitting since he's playing off of Barb here. Tai and Ironwood are by far the two best/nicest adult characters in the show so far. Speaking of Ironwood, good on him for immediately starting work on having his folks make Yang a top-grade prosthetic arm after the Fall of Beacon without anyone asking him first. Can't wait to eventually see him and Yang talk about that somewhere down the road.

Yeah, the buddy cop angle for Blake and Sun was pretty hilarious in this episode. Kinda surprised that Sun hasn't taken the hint yet that Blake doesn't reciprocate his feelings though. Guessing that means he'll either figure it out over the course of the volume or they'll briefly hook up and then Sun gets killed by Adam a la Pyrrha.

I think Cinder's probably telling the truth, or at least thinks she is. The relic Salem was referring to is probably Ozpin's cane, which Qrow is now in possession of. I'm betting that will raise Qrow's death flags up a lot once Salem and Co. figure out where it is.

Totally agree with you on Taiyang, I watched the episode with my cousin on we pointed out that you have to hand it to that guy, his adult life has been nothing but coping and keeping it together for his family. And I've been rooting for Ironwood since day one.

Good point on Cinder and the cane though, still I don't think she has actually offed him. I'd wager Qrow is more likely to die (like you said) before Ozpin.

Totally agree with you on Taiyang, I watched the episode with my cousin on we pointed out that you have to hand it to that guy, his adult life has been nothing but coping and keeping it together for his family. And I've been rooting for Ironwood since day one.

Good point on Cinder and the cane though, still I don't think she has actually offed him. I'd wager Qrow is more likely to die (like you said) before Ozpin.

Yeah. I mean, it sounds like Tai messed up a bit after Summer died ("And then he just... shut down" - Yang, 2x06), but he clearly wants to do the right thing and be as good a parent as he can be to his daughters. I'm hoping he and Yang have a moment this volume to talk about the parallels of what they've both been through (being abandoned and depression).

I think Ozpin, as we've known him, is dead. The farmboy from Episode 1 is probably Ozpin's new form/reincarnation. Shannon McCormick mentioned awhile back during the hiatus that no one had correctly guessed what had happened to Ozpin during the Fall of Beacon, so I'm betting there's some weird stuff going on with him.

TrueBlue

Episode 3

I enjoyed this as well. I think these opening three episodes have been consistently solid, which is something I don't think you can say for any of the previous volumes.

The benefits of the new engine (?) were quite apparent here, with all the lighting and shadows. It's probably one of the prettiest episodes of the entire series. The oft-mentioned improvements in facial animation were also on display here, particularly when it came to Blake.

Speaking of Blake, I liked her segment. Her self-inflicted exile obviously hasn't left her in the best state, with her paranoia being particularly prevalent. Her instinct to push people away when things get very dicey was also made clear in her interactions with Sun.

I know a lot of people aren't exactly the biggest fans of Sun - and I'd probably identify as one who isn't all that into him - but I think dorky attempts at chatting with Blake provide some relief for what will most likely a relatively heavy part of the series. Hopefully that isn't the only thing he provides, but I can dig it. His heart is in the right place if nothing else.

Speaking of Blake and Sun, I liked their little fight with that Gyarados Grimm, as someone earlier labelled it. The bit where Blake gets midair boosts off of the Sun clones was pretty clever, and I hope to see more of that imagination later on when it comes to fight scenes.

The brief scene with Yang was pretty great I thought. Yang is in many ways a prisoner - both in terms of her home and her psyche. The former brings constant reminders of her trauma - news reports, shattering glass, cybernetic arm etc - and that in turn causes her to withdraw even more, harming the latter. That she didn't jump at the chance to test her new hand is proof enough that she still has a ways to go. That dead look in her eyes as she's going about her daily routine is sad to see, considering we all know how exuberant she was before the halfway point of Volume 3.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Barbara handles this volume. I was impressed by her performance in the last episode of Volume 3, and the early signs here are good. Someone noted the performance of Taiyang's VA as well, and I agree that they're doing a good job. Between the two, there could be some excellent scenes before the end of the volume.

That last scene with Cinder and Salem was interesting, though I hope they don't drag out Cinder's rehabilitation too long. That she's manage to utter a word is promising. One wonders what will become of Beacon now that Salem is tightening her grip on it, and what the "relic" constitutes.

Prediction time:

Honestly, the way this volume has been paced so far leads me to believe that Team RWBY won't reunite fully until Volume 5. The focus for Ruby seems to be her adventures as part of RNJR, while the other three all have their own personal issues to sort out.

I'm going to wager that if there's a reunion, it will be a partial one, and it will most likely be between Ruby and Weiss. The inevitable Yang/Blake confrontation will probably be teased but won't actually happen to Volume 5, with the finale of that Volume leading to the complete reunion of the team.

Episode 3:

Well, that was slightly different then what I was expecting from the opening. I thought that after Blake ran off, Sun followed and actually talked to her and joined her group proper, not stalked her form the shadows for months. I think Sun out Jauned Jaune in terms of awkward flirting and quips in battle.

While what Sun did was wrong, I am glad there is someone there to watch Blake's back. She doesn't have to shoulder everything alone. Asking for help does not make someone weak or less independent.

I agree the fight was weird in terms of physics and how Blake and Sun flew through the air. The finish was decent at least.

Yeah, we get to see a bit of how much Adam's return has affected Blake. Seeing her so jumpy makes me wonder how Sun was never caught sooner. The captain seemed nice. Checked on Blake to see how she was doing, but backed off when it was clear he was not going to get her to open up to him.

Yang is also doing pretty bad. I have to wonder what means Taiyang used to contact Ironwood with the CCT network down. It was nice of him to build a new arm for her, regardless of whether she uses it or not.

Then we have Salem again. So Ozpin has some kind of relic that Salem needs, I wonder what it could be. If it is part of the cane, or the cane itself, she is out of luck searching Beacon. There are also creepy jellyfish Grimm to send messages. If the good guys figure that out, they could disrupt Salem's communication network.

Episode 3:
Yang is also doing pretty bad. I have to wonder what means Taiyang used to contact Ironwood with the CCT network down. It was nice of him to build a new arm for her, regardless of whether she uses it or not.

Its only the interkingdom communication that's down. He could have still talked to Ironwood if Ironwood was still within Vale.

Its only the interkingdom communication thats down. He could have still talked to Ironwood if Ironwood was still within Vale. Alternatively

As someone has pointed out to me, we don't actually know for sure what the timeline for each of the scenes are. It is easy to assume that everything is happening in parallel with team RNJR's adventures, but that might not be the case.

Taiyang could have gone straight to Ironwood soon after making sure Yang was treated, before he went back to Atlas. While Yang's scenes have to be taking place after Ruby left, since Ruby isn't around, Weiss' and Blake's scenes could be taking place in the past, compared to RNJR's scenes.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
As someone has pointed out to me, we don't actually know for sure what the timeline for each of the scenes are. It is easy to assume that everything is happening in parallel with team RNJR's adventures, but that might not be the case.

Taiyang could have gone straight to Ironwood soon after making sure Yang was treated, before he went back to Atlas. While Yang's scenes have to be taking place after Ruby left, since Ruby isn't around, Weiss' and Blake's scenes could be taking place in the past, compared to RNJR's scenes.

That'd be a bit unnecessarily convoluted, I think, especially since there's no reason the scenes can't be simultaneous.

ANYWAYS: That episode was fine from a story/character standpoint. Yang's bits were particularly good. The new facial animation system seems to be working out alright. The action is still a bit meh but it's better than the first episode this season. I find
Sun a bit annoying, but he's no Jaune. I liked the Journey to the West joke.

That'd be a bit unnecessarily convoluted, I think, especially since there's no reason the scenes can't be simultaneous.

ANYWAYS: That episode was fine from a story/character standpoint. Yang's bits were particularly good. The new facial animation system seems to be working out alright. The action is still a bit meh but it's better than the first episode this season. I find
Sun a bit annoying, but he's no Jaune. I liked the Journey to the West joke.

I think Sun's arc in this volume is going to either be him coming to realize that Blake doesn't reciprocate his feelings and move on or it's Sun realizing that his crush on Blake is towards an idea of her and not actually who Blake is herself. Blake's attitude towards his advances in the episode really didn't come off to me as her being "tsundere" at all and instead just felt like it was plain disinterest/frustration.

Plus, there was that rather telling shot in the Volume 3 finale of Sun seeing Blake cling to Yang's hand.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sun ends up putting it together that Blake has feelings for Yang before Blake really understands it herself.

TrueBlue

I think Sun's arc in this volume is going to either be him coming to realize that Blake doesn't reciprocate his feelings and move on or it's Sun realizing that his crush on Blake is towards an idea of her and not actually who Blake is herself. Blake's attitude towards his advances in the episode really didn't come off to me as her being "tsundere" at all and instead just felt like it was plain disinterest/frustration.

Plus, there was that rather telling shot in the Volume 3 finale of Sun seeing Blake cling to Yang's hand.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sun ends up putting it together that Blake has feelings for Yang before Blake really understands it herself.

I wouldn't say Blake is completely disinterested. They went to the dance together and she has been seen blushing at him in Volume 3. I think it's more a case of priorities, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom