• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY |OT| Volume 5 starts October 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
VA in and of itself is usually done later into development in most games, so I can imagine she was brought in to purely read for that trailer, and will be called back once the roster has been fully designed.

As far as getting any official announcement, Mori said the cast was more or less set, but ArcS were open to listening to fans, hence why it was announced so early. That'd explain why Ruby was the only cast member shown, since this game must be a while away, makes sense since most of their effort right now is/should be going into DBFZ.

Though, there is speculation - given how they admit the majority of the roster is decided - that we're gonna see reveals starting this month, though no guarantee it'll be RWBY related, since there's a lot of speculation on BB, Undernight, Persona casts as well.

Since the topic of this thread had shifted to the game I just thought I would post what I heard at the RWBY panel at Fan Expo. I don't think the RWBY roster is final yet, though I don't expect a large selection of characters from RWBY.

Since the topic of this thread had shifted to the game I just thought I would post what I heard at the RWBY panel at Fan Expo. I don't think the RWBY roster is final yet, though I don't expect a large selection of characters from RWBY.

The absolute max I imagine is probably 13 as that's what a brand new Arc fighter seems to have at launch.

Obviously since they have to work on touching up the other characters as well it'll probably be less then that.

RWBY Board game announced:
https://www.rwbycombatready.com/

DJySeEJUEAELBC0.jpg

details are apparently coming next week.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just realizing how incredibly fucked everybody would have been at the end of season 3 if team RWBY hadn't found the train earlier through dumb luck

the only reason the good guys were able to stabilize at all was that they could make a stand in the city, but the original plan was for a shitload of grimm to break into the city at the same time

as far as evil plans go, Cinder and co. had a pretty good one

just realizing how incredibly fucked everybody would have been at the end of season 3 if team RWBY hadn't found the train earlier through dumb luck

the only reason the good guys were able to stabilize at all was that they could make a stand in the city, but the original plan was for a shitload of grimm to break into the city at the same time

as far as evil plans go, Cinder and co. had a pretty good one

I know, this gets over-looked a lot, but looking at the actions of Torchwick from Volumes 1, 2 & 3, you have to hand it to them that they had a tactically lethal plan. Everything he was doing, from dust hijacking to galvanising the WF would've resulted in a colossal massacre of Vale had his half of the plan not been stopped by RWBY.

It's also nice to look at it in retrospect, as it appeared as hijinks during the episodes airing; Torchwick is doing bad things that are bad, there are bigger bads, but a lot of this looks like cool filler to show off how cool the girls are, and nothing happening here is of any real relevance to the plot. That's how I took Volume 1 and 2's final acts at the time. But, despite being downplayed by Qrow, taking down Torchwick is indeed the only thing separating Vale from a Pyrrhic victory, and a mass slaughter.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Two things:

1. I'm about halfway through the soundtracks in Spotify, and I believe I like the music a lot. I will say that the actual songs seem a lot better than the background score stuff.

2. I was looking at the RWBY game on Steam. Anybody know if it's any good?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Two things:

1. I'm about halfway through the soundtracks in Spotify, and I believe I like the music a lot. I will say that the actual songs seem a lot better than the background score stuff.

It's... not horrible?

Two things:

It's ok. It started as a fan project and it shows but if you can find other RWBY fans to play with it can be alight to kill some time. If nothing else it can scratch the RWBY itch until we get Cross Tag Battle.

Kthulhu

Two things:

Not as good as the fan version IMHO.

TrueBlue

Cool poster.

On a side note, I can't help but feel the way Ruby and co are implemented in that Blazblue crossover will turn people away from trying the series, which is a shame.

Vyse24

So here's what went down at the RWBY panel today at NYCC:

-Manga coming in hard cover version January.
-Talked about some items they had for purchase. Then they talked about demos of the board game and BlazBlue Cross Tag being playable at their booth.
-RWBY Season 5 in select theaters October 12th. Runtime is 90 minutes because they're playing the last few episodes of 4 and showing behind the scenes stuff before the premiere.
-New shows called CRWBY and RWBY Rewind will happen after every episode for First members. Former is behind the scenes stuff. Latter is a review show of what was shown.
-Twitch marathons all week next week.
-Clip of premiere episode played.
-Yang character trailer played.
-Q&A.
-Teaser for Gen:Lock.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gray posted a rundown of events leading up o the Volume 5 Premiere:

http://roosterteeth.com/post/51374949

I was just about to come in here and say that they're doing a RWBY marathon on Twitch starting Oct 9. Yesssssssss!!!

So here's what went down at the RWBY panel today at NYCC:

-Manga coming in hard cover version January.
-Talked about some items they had for purchase. Then they talked about demos of the board game and BlazBlue Cross Tag being playable at their booth.
-RWBY Season 5 in select theaters October 12th. Runtime is 90 minutes because they're playing the last few episodes of 4 and showing behind the scenes stuff before the premiere.
-New shows called CRWBY and RWBY Rewind will happen after every episode for First members. Former is behind the scenes stuff. Latter is a review show of what was shown.
-Twitch marathons all week next week.
-Clip of premiere episode played.
-Yang character trailer played.
-Q&A.
-Teaser for Gen:Lock.

Ooooooh any idea of when we're getting this?

I wonder if we'll get any cross tag reveals soon. We defeintly know Ruby isn't the only RWBY character any more.

How is the manga? I've never looked to much into it but I'll likely buy the official release.

Well, when I saw the Blake trailer early at Fan Expo Canada, the trailer was put online on Monday. I assume it will be the same with this trailer.

I'd thought that myself initially, but the trailer coming out tomorrow is instead one for Volume 5 itself, primarily using footage from the early episode(s) and the Weiss+Blake character shorts (it already leaked online).

RoosterTeeth have not said yet when they're going to release the Yang short. Which kind of makes it all the more infuriating, seeing as how they decided to make a joke about forgetting about Yang during the RWBY panel the other day. :/

So I've been thinking about Cross Tag Battle and I've been wondering something.

What will the non Team RWBY characters theme songs be? RWBY is easy as they all have their own themes but what if say JNPR got in?

RWBY |OT| Volume 5:That show from the new Blazblue game.
RWBY |OT| Volume 5:The last Coffee bender.
RWBY |OT| Volume 5:The Phantom Pun

I am really not good at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom