• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Reynolds paid out of pocket so Deadpool writers could be on set

Status
Not open for further replies.
do executives ever not ruin movies? why do they ever feel the need to intervene on the creatives?

If they were smart execs, then they would be in a more stable and profitable industry. So we know they are dumb. If they were self aware execs, then they would let other people make decisions about things they don't understand, so we know they are egotistical.

If they were either one of those things it would be fine, but since they're both you just get a lot of idiots with inflated egos in positions of power,

I'm worried about the sequel. With it making so much money, Fox will see it as a project that must make money again, and will try to be in control. And that will fuck up the whole flow that made the first one so good.
Doubt it, this is Reynold's passion project. He ain't letting no suits take control. Deadpool is nothing without him

KodaRuss

Basically Fox doesnt deserve any of the success or credit for Deadpool whatsoever. These four dudes (two writers, Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds) deserve it all.

Really sad how much it took for it to get made. Some executives just dont understand what people want.

Hale-XF11

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I've seen the scenes on youtube with him in them and he was great, but I heard the rest of the movie was a turd. Maybe i should see it anyways.

Chaos Theory is his best film apart from Deadpool... well.. its my most liked of his films. I went through a list of films he's been in.. and yikes.

Noted. yeah, he doesn't seem too fond of his own movies and probably with good reason, but I'm sure he's still great to watch in those. Actually, I just remembered that I saw him in Aventureland and he was great in that too.

Sinestro was cool. Other than that it's just a boring, paint by the numbers superhero movie.

Ah, that's a shame.

Buried is well regarded.

I need to watch that, even though I'm super claustrophobic.

And therefore came about a well put together Deadpool movie that will do even more in its sequel from the big profit of the first one.

Stay passionate, Ryan Reynolds, a lot of people appreciate it.

Aselith

I liked Safe House pretty well. Reynolds is one of those guys that is a likeable and enjoyable actor despite rarely actually being in good things.

Phased

still wonder whether it was reynolds or miller who leaked the test footage

In the film commentary with Reynolds and the Writers (which is great), the writers heavily imply it was Ryan while he's sitting right next to them, and he doesn't really deny it.

It was definitely him.

Vyer

i like reynolds for his parenting skills

awoFPK7.jpg

0128Loj.jpg

B1F5URC.jpg

aka his twitter is great.

Ducarmel

Fox owes all four of them blow jobs for bailing their ass out this year.

Fox executive 1:How can we exploit this and maximize profits?

Fox executive 2: I got it! Lets not spend anything on the crew and let Ryan Reynolds pay for it!

Fox Executive 1: I think that might work.

Fox Executive 3: We're going to pay ourselves huge bonuses this idea!

Ryan Reynolds is better at producing movies than most of the producers in Hollywood. What a shocker.

Deadpool will be Fox's biggest hit of 2016, and it was probably also the movie that they had the least faith in to be a box office success.

liquidtmd

Banned
While we're at it, what are some recommended Ryan Reynolds films? I've only seen Deadpool.

A low key, low budget black comedy from few years ago called The Voices.

Not for everyone but it hit a lot of right notes with me. A nice little perverse line in humour that is very likeable to me.

I want to see Affleck's touch have a similar effect on future DCEU movies. Reynolds was involved with a Deadpool misfire and came back with an amazing accomplishment. Do the same, Affleck and Johns.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
More proof that fox is lucky as F that these guys were so on point with the vision of the film with this character.

That's awesome.

Fox, what the hell?!

What the hell? The hell is Fox never wanted this movie made.

They only made it after Reynolds illegally leaked the test footage after years of campaigning and even then they gave the movie a budget thats $100 million less then Xmen Apocalypse and yet went onto make over $200 million more than XM:A at the bottom office.

Fox fucked up.

Basically Fox doesnt deserve any of the success or credit for Deadpool whatsoever. These four dudes (two writers, Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds) deserve it all.

Really sad how much it took for it to get made. Some executives just dont understand what people want.
Does the character creator of comic books not fit in there somewhere? I'd consider them too billing.

How would you feel to create the character and have no credit given

I'm hoping this brings a spawn movie. The first was good but that cg..... Cartoon shows great potential and the early books are quite adapt for a r rated movie. Need a trilogy

Davey Cakes

Ryan Reynolds has really gained my respect after reading about his involvement with Deadpool beyond being the character himself. The guy is a true, dedicated fan and turned the movie into a passion project through and through. That's why it's one of the best comic book movies I've seen in years, and I'm saying this as someone who never really had exposure to Deadpool beforehand.

All the success is well deserved. THIS is how fan service movies should be done.

sirap

Reynolds was married to Scarlett Johansson and just put another baby in Blake Lively.

He's already a winner in my books.

Burt

He's the best personality fit to his character since RDJ's Tony Stark.

Imagine the insanity if Marvel hadn't been in the gutter and kept their properties together instead of selling them off piecemeal to different studios.

Although, honestly, MCU might be better for the tighter focus and lack of insanity that any X-men storyline omega-devolves into.

And we're still finagling some crossover stuff like Spider-Man, likely with more in the future.

So... not worst timeline, for once?

Sorry Fantastic Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom