• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 delayed until December 8th (Up: Confirmed)

DonJorginho

Banned
Must take a while to clean up an NFT Spillage THAT big I suppose.

Dropping Michael Scott GIF by Prime Video UK

onesvenus

Haven't you figured out the pattern yet? Sony never has a big exclusive in the second half of the year and Microsoft doesn't have one in the first half of the year.
Do you expect GoW Ragnarok to be released before June and PS not having unannounced games for this year? Good luck with that.

Flabagast

Everyone knew it really.

And you can be sure as hell that it will slip to 2023

Also E3 footage was fake as fuck in case you did not know.

Still in the top 3 of my most anticipated announced games for the next gen.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Thankfully Todd is a nice guy so he'll give you the extra time you need
No, Todd has got November 11 on lock. He doesn't miss.

Do you expect GoW Ragnarok to be released before June and PS not having unannounced games for this year? Good luck with that.
Look at history. Sony hasn't had a game release in close to a year! They don't do second half releases. GOW2 will be delayed into 2023. And that shouldn't surprise anyone!

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit dude, that's crazy.

Something terrible must've happened in this final stretch.

Lupin25

It could be that they just want to take advantage of end-of-the-year holiday sales to compensate for the lack thereof upon it’s original release date with the amount of consoles in the wild. It appears to be an costly game, development-wise.

Or maybe it’s not and it does need the polish (didn’t appear that way from the gameplay they released, but who knows)

Good. Take your time. Anacrusis early access comes out tommorow and it seems like it could be the true successor to Left 4 Dead.

R6: Extraction comes out the following week. and AoE4 console edition should come out in April or May(if this follows the same timeline that Gears tactics PC to Xbox Port did). This leaves a gap in Feb and March though. But I think some indie games for Gamepass will surprise us.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Holy shit dude, that's crazy.

Something terrible must've happened in this final stretch.
Trying to remove the NFT aspect maybe?

It certainly wasn't too many bugs or too much jank. Those are features with a Eurojank game.

xrnzaaas

And the great delays of 2022 have begun...

But in all seriousness, they still had nothing to show (in terms of unedited gameplay) despite the upcoming premiere. I won't be surprised if it gets further delayed to next year.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Considering the recent releases of broken games, I'm okay with this. Take your time to release a complete product. DICE, you taking notes? Probably not.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Release date accuracy tracker

- Game releases early: 0.1%
- Game releases exactly as scheduled: 33.3%
- Game releases with a small delay: 33.3%
- Game releases with a big delay: 33.3%

Studio lies about release date to drum up hype and pre-order sales knowing the game is farther off than stated in videos: 66.6%

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Honestly, with all these delays…the super thin release of games, the mess of shortages of hardware it absolutely blows my mind how all these people involved in gaming can sustain a living. Especially all these fake reporters who basically churn out podcasts now…how do they survive, there isn’t much news….it’s intriguing to me.

Considering the recent releases of broken games, I'm okay with this. Take your time to release a complete product. DICE, you taking notes? Probably not.
Lol, GSC and broken games are like peanut butter and chocolate.

Glad to see a delay, don't trust GSC to release even a semi non-broken game given their track record. That said, they still have released some of the most immersive, atmospheric games EVER and issues anyone would have with the sequel will get fixed by fans on the PC version at least.

Kacho

Good on paper, but those are both going to be very meaty games that take tens of hours to complete and for me unfortunately Stalker 2 will have to take a back seat. I probably won't get to it until next January or February. Its original date would have been perfect for me.
Plus we don't know what else will release between Starfield and Stalker 2. A new AssCreed seems like a lock, plus any other AAAs that happen to make their release date.

An early year release when there aren't a lot of options was perfect for this game. It'll be in a bad spot come December I think.

Markio128

It could be that they just want to take advantage of end-of-the-year holiday sales to compensate for the lack thereof upon it’s original release date with the amount of consoles in the wild. It appears to be an costly game, development-wise.

Or maybe it’s not and it does need the polish (didn’t appear that way from the gameplay they released, but who knows)
I don’t think it’ll be sales related because it was/is day 1 gamepass. Defo needed polishing.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
How people expected a UE5 game before the engine is even finalized is beyond me. Even the most up to date beta branches having missing features and bugs. Any game coming out on UE5 will either be fall/winter 2022 or 2023.

For reference, I am working on a UE5 game, and since some will ask; I am an indie developer, and I own my own (small) company. We have only released assets for unity and UE4 so far, although we do have a project underway (UE5).

Last edited:

Chukhopops

No big deal, first half of the year is packed anyway. Hope they use it to make the most of the hardware.
I don’t think it’ll be sales related because it was/is day 1 gamepass. Defo needed polishing.
Games available on GP still rank high on the sales charts on Steam when they are good (Halo, Forza, AoE were all top 5). It’s not like they don’t try to sell games.

These delays don't mean anything at all. By that time we might even be able to buy a GPU (or console for that matter) to play these games at nice settings without having to spend a monthly paycheck on them.

Jadsey

Bearing in mind it is on GamePass and their income is reasonably secure, I respect that they aren't just shitting out the door in an unfit state.

Hopefully it gets the same level of uplift as Halo Infinite.

I wonder about that release date though...it's quite close to Starfield. Perhaps they have been told Starfield is slipping in 2023.

Markio128

No big deal, first half of the year is packed anyway. Hope they use it to make the most of the hardware.

Games available on GP still rank high on the sales charts on Steam when they are good (Halo, Forza, AoE were all top 5). It’s not like they don’t try to sell games.
I get that, but releasing a game at Christmas does not necessarily translate to better sales because of the competition around that time. I get the impression that most will be balls-deep in Starfield.

Haven't you figured out the pattern yet? Sony never has a big exclusive in the second half of the year and Microsoft doesn't have one in the first half of the year.
Except that isn't true at all in regards to Sony. They launched Spider-Man, GT Sport, Demons's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, The Last Guardian, Until Dawn and many others all in the second half of the year.

Droxcy

Saw this coming from a mile away at this point I assume a game with a rapidly approaching release date that I want to play is going to get delayed into oblivion.

Top Bottom