• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row DLC Coming September 15th

artist

Banned
You know that little slip inside your copy of Saints Row that said you can get DLC from either a 360 kiosk for free or the Marketplace for points? Well I have it. I won't say how I have it two weeks early, because it simply doesn't matter. Instead of going into all that, I'm just gonna tell you what is included and show it to you.

That's right guys. Rated-M brings you yet another WORLD EXCLUSIVE! This DLC Pack doesn't hit Live and Kiosk units until September 15th, but we are gonna show it to you right now! Below is the full list as well as photos of some of the items on my in-game avatar. If you want to see them in person, hit me up on Live. My XBL name is Kanemura. You can also join the Rated-M gang by contacting me on Live or in our forums!

DLC Pack 1

Clothing
Samurai Helmet
Leather Eye Patch
Fake Tuxedo Shirt
Short Sleeve Tropical Shirt
Spiked Leather Jacket
Leopard/Tiger Skin Boxers
Leather Chaps
Crazy Bunny Slippers
Skull Ring
Saints Row Medallion
Saints Row Wrist Band

Tattoos
Panther (Small)
Panther (Large)
Rattlesnake
Biohazard
Ankh
Spider

SCREENS

MMaRsu

Banned
Yeah they are pretty funny, but I'm still waiting for a chinese ninja type outfit thingamybob.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I wouldn't put a price on such few things... unless it's really next to nothing in Marketplace points, especially since you can get them for free at a kiosk...

Arsenal

Skilotonn said:
I wouldn't put a price on such few things... unless it's really next to nothing in Marketplace points, especially since you can get them for free at a kiosk...

Yeah, that looks like it may be a freebie DL similar to what Dead Rising did.

So, this is coming out two weeks after the game is released and it couldn't have been put on the disk to begin with?

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

I pity anyone who actually pays for this. It's the kind of material we would have normally gotten for free on Xbox 1, or on PC by the mod community.

Ranger X

I wonder for how much they will sell this crap.

FACT is they will probably made some ridiculous 600% profit on this and...

FACT2 stupid people will buy.

White Man

If it's like 150 points I'll buy it. I always seem to have 150 extra points I can't use on anything due to the way the pricing model works.

jax (old)

Banned
so how do you get this DLC content free from kiosks? Bring your own memory card?

sounds like minor work from their team (aka should be in the final game really), that the microtransaction model is used for bling.

Joeroll

I hate the thought that developers hold back specific things in games so that later they can release them for more of your money. How much do you have to spend to get complete games?

If this is free on kiosks I dont see why it wouldn't be free on marketplace. BUT marketplace has the tendancy to **** our wallets. This content isn't worth money at all. Even if its free i doubt I would take the time to download it. A samurai helmet? wtf?

Tieno

Joeroll said:
If this is free on kiosks I dont see why it wouldn't be free on marketplace. BUT marketplace has the tendancy to **** our wallets. This content isn't worth money at all. Even if its free i doubt I would take the time to download it. A samurai helmet? wtf?
You have to buy a memory card to get it for 'free' from the kiosks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't think I'll buy that, but dammit, I want a leather eye patch to go with my Old Guy with Grey Beard, who I dubbed "Grizzly Dawg"

Notaok

Banned
I'm disappointed that it's only some new clothes and tattoos. (Although I'm so tempted to grab it for the bunny slippers. My online guy is only wearings his boxers and sneakers. My original goal was to get cowboy boots and the heart boxers... but the bunny slippers might end up being better)

All they need to do though is throw in some new weapons or vehicles and it'd be worth it. Hell I'd even take something stupid like bricks as a weapon and maybe a go-kart for a vehicle. Both of those could be hilarious.

Top Bottom