• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm gonna go off on a limb and assume I can't import my SR3 character to this game(PC version), can I.
I don't think I can ever make a character that perfect again, boo hoo.

Saints Row IV Inauguration Station is up for download right now, you can import your SR3 char, I think it needs to be uploaded to the community site first.

Whatever man, Volition should have made a Michael Mann style bank heist game instead yo.

Game of the Generation Edition Pre-Ordered. Eyeballs are locked and loaded.

Kainazzo

I've kept myself on media blackout for the most part, but all of the screenshots/clips I've seen have the game set at night. Is there no more day cycle?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So excited for this.

Can't decide if I want to stick with my Fem MC or make a Nolan North character. Quitting Laura Bailey is too hard though.

Dawg

Official Soundtrack for this thread : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

That moment in SR3 was too good.

I already know what radio station I'll use in SR IV:

The Mix 107.77 (DJ: Kevin Gill)
  • Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
  • Biz Markie - "Just A Friend"
    [*]Blur - "Song 2"
  • Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain"
  • EMF - "Unbelievable"
    [*]Haddaway - "What Is Love"
    [*]Men Without Hats - "The Safety Dance"
    [*]Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It"
    [*]OutKast - "B.O.B."
  • Paula Abdul - "Opposites Attract"
  • Robert Palmer - "Simply Irresistible"
  • Stan Bush - "The Touch"
  • The Pharcyde - "Oh Shit"
  • The Presidents Of The United States Of America - "Lump"
  • The Romantics - "Talking in Your Sleep"
    [*]Thin Lizzy - "The Boys Are Back In Town"
So many good songs I'll enjoy.

Ploid 3.0

I haven't really looked around yet, but it's $44.99 on Steam with some bonuses if you own SR3. I imagine you can flip the TF2 skins for a bit extra too, but I haven't checked.

I got it for $39.99 on amazon, it looks like I'll be missing out on the TF2 weapon skins though. I don't mind that.

I'm saying it now: this will be the most giff'able game ever made.

Since both Jim Sterling and the Giant Bomb crew seem like they are infatuated with the game I decided to plonk down a preorder.

SlickVic

Great OT. Reminds me I have to finish up the SR3 DLC and finally get that 100% completion this weekend before SRIV is upon us.

120v

i've never played a saint's row but this looks like my kind of thing. like, even if it isn't all that good maybe it's still worth experiencing

maybe i'll pick up SR3 on steam or something

Ploid 3.0

I've kept myself on media blackout for the most part, but all of the screenshots/clips I've seen have the game set at night. Is there no more day cycle?

There is day but in different ways. You are in a simulation a lot it seem, in that simulation the oppression of the alien guy is "keeping you down." The more you fight and succeed it gets brighter. There are also different worlds in the simulation where it can be day. The bit of reality before the invasion is in day also. No day night cycles.

Vibranium

Banned
I've been debating whether to get it, but I think the GAF hype's gotten to me, loved The Third.

I might go for a Cliffy B character, too bad he's unable to have a laugh at himself or join in on the fun.

PC PC PC PC PC. Why? Mods.

Yeah, mods would be awesome. We'll see. It'd take a while to get it, though. I need a new graphics card, and that's a bit pricey. I have Saints Row: The Third on Steam, but it doesn't run well on my computer as it is right now. :(

I've been tempted to just buy a new copy of The Third for the Xbox 360 along with IV...it'd probably be cheaper than PC upgrades. Hah. I don't play PC games much, either, so...I don't know.

Brilliant.

I'm sticking with Laura.

Best choice.

Adnor

Banned
Y8kPoQB.png
I'm ready.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I told myself I wasn't gonna buy anything until PS4 hits, but I don't think I can resist Saint's Row. The Third co-op is some of the most fun you can have in a game.

Lingitiz

One thing I'm really hoping for is consistent mission quality. The first few hours of SR3 are really good, but the game slows down badly once they start introducing activities as missions. It looks like they've addressed that complaint though.

One thing I'm really hoping for is consistent mission quality. The first few hours of SR3 are really good, but the game slows down badly once they start introducing activities as missions. It looks like they've addressed that complaint though.

Missions as activities didn't bother me at all the first time around but they made replays a total slog. I'm glad to hear they're out.

Ploid 3.0

Also the obvious answer to that Cancer vs Hunger option is to cure world hunger. No hunger related death and hunger suffering.

npa189

Early buzz seems real good, some reviewers are already done with the game. The Giant bombcast said it was real real good. I'm hype.

Top Bottom