• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third - screenshots

bathala

Banned
sr3-06_luchascreaming1nwn.jpg

is that a hand cannon. lol

hype

speedpop said:
Bullshots or not, it provides a worthwhile indication of how the game will look. It looks superior to both of the first two games and really enforces the point that this series isn't trying to take itself too seriously. Saints Row 2 was rough around so many edges but it was still one of the most fun games released in the past few years.
I had a ton of fun with SR1, but I couldn't get past playing SR2 for about 30 minutes because it ran like crap (on PS3 and PC). I really, really hope for the best on this one. Like I said, SR1 was a ton of fun, but I just want it to run well enough. :(

zeioIIDX

Can't see pics at work :mad: Loved the first one and I just got the 2nd one for 360 finally. Really hope the pimp cane is in this.

Looks amazing and completely over the top, just how it should be. I love the human shield while parachuting, that's just screams Saint's Row. Cannot wait for this game, end of the year can't come soon enough. There better be an airport somewhere on that map....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Broken Ska Record said:
I had a ton of fun with SR1, but I couldn't get past playing SR2 for about 30 minutes because it ran like crap (on PS3 and PC).
Should've kept at it - the beginning of SR2 was where most of the major performance issues are seen, but it's not as bad after the opening sequences. At least on console.

XiaNaphryz said:
Should've kept at it - the beginning of SR2 was where most of the major performance issues are seen, but it's not as bad after the opening sequences. At least on console.
Aw, tartar sauce. :( Well, at least I have it on Steam so whenever I get a decent rig together, I'll try replaying it.

angelfly

This game will definitely be a day one purchase for me. I hated the direction Rockstar took with GTAIV and Saint's Row seems to sticking to what made me like San Andreas so much so consider me hyped.

SlickVic

Can't wait. I hope for their sake though they don't release this smack dab in the middle of all the fall releases, and the game gets lost in the shuffle sales wise. Just don't want to see this game sell poorly, especially if it ends up being more awesome than SR2.

Tiktaalik

This is a new high (low?) water mark for bullshots. Congrats random THQ photoshop artist.

SR3 is certainly doing a good job of taking over the "silly" aspect of GTA that GTA abandoned. For example the censored naked dude in the dressup screen. lol.

I wish I could place bets on things like, "When actual screenshots are released, GAF will exhibit a stunning combination of surprise and disappointment."

Fortunately, I loved SR2 despite the wonky visuals, so I'm psyched regardless of how it looks (hint: it won't look like these "shots." They might as well release concept art instead).

Despite being obvious bullshots (though I doubt the character creation ones are), I like the art direction. Almost reminds me of a more cartoony Arkham Asylum.

Dan Yo

Banned
Will buy if there is uncensored vagina in the game. It's only fair given the uncensored penis and testicles that GTA subjected us to.

Qwomo

Snuggler said:
Definitely. I'm an adult, it's not gonna hurt me if I see a peenie or some bewbs.
Dan Yo said:
Will buy if there is uncensored vagina in the game. It's only fair given the uncensored penis and testicles that GTA subjected us to.
The first mod released for this game will be a BOOBS & PEEN mod, just you wait and see.

Top Bottom