• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third - screenshots

Norml

Looks too much over the top,not liking the screens.

sr3-lp_ps3_spacesuit_msnpm.jpg

^^reminds me of
ePeX3.jpg

Ploid 3.0

The more over the top the better. I've seen the reverse and it's boring. At least with over the top anything goes and more chance for finding fun in something rather than being limited to blowing up cars with a shotgun.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dan Yo said:
Virtual clitoris and labia in DMC4? How did I not hear of this?
Only outer labia and only for a few frames but it is really obvious. It's basically a Jessica Rabbit-esque Easter egg.

DennisK4 said:
What the hell is this tiny shit?

So tiny.

There are gonna be at least four of these sized cities in the game, right?
Saints row doesn't need overly huge areas imo, the SR2 city was plenty big enough to do tons of shit in it.

I hope we can enter more buildings this time.

FHIZ

Dildo bludgeon is why I will enjoy this game miles more then any potential GTA sequel, that will most likely be the same game again.

Want to see some direct in game screens, one thing saints row 2 had was lovely released screens but the game itself had some empty areas.

Striker

Lostconfused said:
Am I the only one who thought of Crackdown while looking at those pics? Because some of them definitely make me think of Crackdown.
I initially thought that too, definitely a good thing.

Didn't play SR1, couldn't stand playing SR2 and this doesn't look too hot for me either but I'll give Volition the benefit of a doubt

had outrageous fun playing Saints Row 2, i already finished that game 3-4 times, and i still play it now and again. this looks like it will top even that :D i hope they release mod tools on pc version as well. can't wait for gameplay video :)

SneakyStephan said:
Is it me or do game screenshots and advertising look more and more like toy commercials.

Reminded me of this : http://www.bzpower.com/Imaging/stories/rftmoli_review_04.jpg[IMG]

Ugh.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure I understand.

eshwaaz

I'm a big fan of the first two games and definitely looking forward to the third, but I really hope those explosion effects are placeholder. The explosions were severely downgraded from the first to the second game, and now they look even worse. It's like a big cluster of orange and yellow cotton balls.

SneakyStephan said:
Is it me or do game screenshots and advertising look more and more like toy commercials.

Reminded me of this :
rftmoli_review_04.jpg

Ugh.

Well, from a basic standpoint games ARE toys.

Also, I'm pretty sure every adult still secretly wants to be able to play with toys and get away with it, so bring it on. Possibly why Minecraft is so popular, as it basically allows us to play with Lego again.

EYEL1NER

I don't know. I am anticipating this a lot; I loved the first two games. And while I like how crazy the games are, these screenshots look a bit too crazy to me. Why are there a ton of dudes as jacked as a Crackdown agent? Why are they wearing luchador masks? What is that lame looking giant gun that one lucha gangmember has? I know a lot of people did not like the old engine, but I don't know if I like this one so far.

But after seeing this one:
Wario64 said:
I'm still gonna get it day one.

outunderthestars said:
So glad this series exists. GTA has gotten too serious and dull for my tastes.
Chinatown wars was great though, but yeah.

Also this looks hot. Hope it's at least as good as SR2 which I wasted hours upon hours on!

EYEL1NER said:
. Why are there a ton of dudes as jacked as a Crackdown agent? Why are they wearing luchador masks? What is that lame looking giant gun that one lucha gangmember has?
The luchadores are one of the new gangs, along with a hacker gang and kind of a mafia style gang.

DennisK4 said:
You know how you enter a thread and are then completely dumbfounded with the other replies?

First off, those pics are postage stamp sized.

Second, they look terrible yet some peole are caling them bullshots? huh? I expected much, much better.

Third, game looks to continue straight on from SR2 with the silliness, and be quite similar. The way that have emphasized that the third game was a major upgrade I am still looking for that.

It's all relative. Have you seen SR1 and SR2? We're not exactly talking Crysis or Metro 2033. Compared to the other games in the series, I think these shots look too good (*cough* fake) to be true.

In absolute terms, they're not particularly impressive.

EYEL1NER

Neuromancer said:
The luchadores are one of the new gangs, along with a hacker gang and kind of a mafia style gang.
Ugh. I think I preferred the stereotypical gangs over what I have seen so far, but I will try to withhold too much judgment, because what we have seen so far isn't much yet.

Binabik15

I declare that this shit be banging.

I could never play more than the prison break level from SR2, because it seems my disk had a strange read error and wouldn´t really load textures/models and wouldn´t install to the 360´s hard drive, but I liked the little bit more than GTA4. More arcady.

PS: Beating up people with huge dildos? VICE CITY DID IT!

V_Ben

Banned
Volition... give us rocket legs as unlockables. I want to be able to Crackdown over buildings wearing a chicken suit and wielding a dildosabre. On fire.

Grisby

V_Ben said:
Volition... give us rocket legs as unlockables. I want to be able to Crackdown over buildings wearing a chicken suit and wielding a dildosabre. On fire.

Why can't you just become a robot in the game?

I mean, there was a Zombie homie in SR1.

Ploid 3.0

Aske said:
Looks better than I dared hope.

This, I didn't expect them to improve the visuals this much. The art style alone, the AA in SR2 isn't bad for me. Now, need to see some gameplay. If they improved the framerate it'll be heaven. Though I'm planning to get it on PC, I'd just drop settings until it runs nice, then 6 months later get a awesome video card or whatever.

Top Bottom