• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Salem |OT| Dirty Sexy Witches @ 10 on WGN America. What the fuck WHAT THE FUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY SHIT at the ending.... in the room.

those eyes. My Gawd.

YM34eJ6.jpg

Can I just say that she has never been hotter.

Did this get picked up for a s2 yet?
I have to be honest and say that I almost dropped this show early on, and then things started to get interesting around episode 7 or 8. and I can say I really enjoyed what was going on after Increase Mather showed up all the way through the finale.

One thing I don't get is how does Mercy suddenly know so much? how did she become so powerful only having just been schooled on witchcraft? and not even really schooled, more like shown the brochure and given the virtual tour of the campus from the admissions office.

Yep, Season 2 is a-go.

Revolver

HOLY SHIT at the ending.... in the room.

those eyes. My Gawd.

YM34eJ6.jpg

Can I just say that she has never been hotter.

Did this get picked up for a s2 yet?
I have to be honest and say that I almost dropped this show early on, and then things started to get interesting around episode 7 or 8. and I can say I really enjoyed what was going on after Increase Mather showed up all the way through the finale.

One thing I don't get is how does Mercy suddenly know so much? how did she become so powerful only having just been schooled on witchcraft? and not even really schooled, more like shown the brochure and given the virtual tour of the campus from the admissions office.

I finally got caught up. One of the better finales I've seen this season and certainly one of the bloodiest. Tamzin Merchant was genuinely scary during that scene in the safe room. I was not expecting that. I'm glad I stuck with this show. The season dragged for a bit but it got interesting real quick after Increase Mather showed up. That might have been my favorite Stephen Lang role yet. I wasn't crazy about how quickly Mercy went from tortured witch compass to powerful witch sidekick but her character was so unhinged she was entertaining to watch. Also, poor Isaac the Fornicator. Guy just can't catch a break. I would love a serious show about the Salem Witch Trials but this is so over the top and insane it's hard not to enjoy. It's definitely better than AHS: Coven.

Calabi

It was ok I guess. Was annoying please let us make a sequel type ending but whatever.

Its funny though it seems like you have more gore on tv now. We cant have r rated or 18 rated movies anymore because they dont sell so the sex and gore is moving to the tv.

TheOddOne

Lucy Lawless has joined the cast of season two!
And Stuart Townsend!

- THR: Lucy Lawless and Stuart Townsend Join 'Salem' Season Two
Lucy Lawless, Stuart Townsend, Joe Doyle and Oliver Bell are boarding WGN America's supernatural thriller.

In recurring guest roles, Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess) will play
Countess Marburg, one of the last remaining survivors of the line of ancient German witches
, and Townsend (Betrayal) will portray
English aristocrat Samuel Wainwright, a doctor looking to uncover the secrets of Salem and keep his own from those who would seek to discover them

As series regulars, Doyle (Raw) will play
Baron Sebastian Marburg, the charming and cultured son of the Countess, while Bell will reprise his role as the long-lost son of Mary, who was long believed to be dead but was revealed to have been secretly kept alive by Mary’s witches at the end of season one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm currently binge watching this on Netflix since I've caught up with my other shows. Only mid-way through episode 3, but someone should have slapped me last year for watching American Horror Story: Coven over this. I think John feels the most out of place right now, but that might be my favorite part of the show. He just yells at people but doesn't do anything about it.

I need to give WGN's other original show Manhattan a shot after this. They kinda came out of nowhere with their original content last year, and I brushed it off.

Glad to hear this got renewed for a second season, and Lucy Lawless is fantastic in every show I've seen her in, so definitely a fantastic addition. Between the new casting news and season one being on Netflix, I could definitely see more people being on board for Season Two.

This is one of those mid-tier adult dramas. Where I would never tell someone it is fantastic, but it is certainly very entertaining. Black Sails and Da Vinci's Demons also occupy that territory. They're good replacements for all those syndicated hour long genre shows we had in the 90s. Except now they've added blood and nudity.

Khezu

I watched this over the last week.

Really loved it.

Cotton, John, and Anne are the best characters.

Hope Mary dies horribly.

Loke13

I watched this over the last week.

Really loved it.

Cotton, John, and Anne are the best characters.

Hope Mary dies horribly.
Tituba is my favorite her scenes in The House of Pain were just phenomenal really hopes she kills that crazy bitch Mercy.

Can't wait for Tituba and Mary to get the hate fuck on.

And I'm really hoping John goes full Punisher on the witches, but Mary is gonna just dangle the kid in his way.

The world is against Mary Sibley, lol. She is now the Big Boss of Salem.

Oh hey, Cotton is back to getting drunk and banging hot 17th century hookers under the painting of his dad.

Of course the ghost orgy was gonna end bad for you, man. Come on, you ain't that handsome.

Holy fuck she just cut off his dick and... Replaced it with a living bird.

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

Suicide, Anne? Really? Of course Mary walks in on a naked suicide.

The new handsome doctor is clearly gonna die at Mary's hands but she'll feel bad about it cause he's so nice and handsome.

Hoew the fuck is Isaac not dead?

Oh hey! Lucy Lawless! Awesome!

Yo, that's a fucked up way to go. Drowning by bath water that is magically transported to your lungs.

Alden going on a trippy suicidal vision quest before going Native Punisher!

And he finally got a haircut!

I find it almost pathological how in love with John Mary is.

Awesome, Mercy's ghosts offed those crones. Mercy is the best. She don't give no fucks.

Just started Episode 2.

That's a short-lived fucking war, haahahaha

This dude is like 60 and Anne is like... 17.

Fucking creeper. Lol, that's so anime. Boner caused a nose bleed.

John's new haircut is doing wonders.

And now Anne is the mask

Slashing Mohawk Man's throat seemed really unnecessary, John.

Oh shit, is Cotton and Anne gonna be a thing? Redheads are his thing.

How THE FUCK does Lucy Lawless look this goddamn good?

Ew, surprise incest.

This shoe is really fucking weird. That is a six year old psychopath kissing his mom on the lips.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You may ask... why was I compelled to make this thread?

Well... a beautiful naked brunette pulled out a toad from the throat of an elderly wheelchair bound invalid and then had it drink from a third nipple in her leg. Later, she gained the ability to remote view a debaucherous witch gathering where people wore bloody animal heads and people writhed in hellfire and oil, but she gained this ability to remote view by having her witch buddy stimulate her with a dildo made out of a witch's broom.

AND LET'S NOT FORGET Seth Gabel's amazing, amazing overacting and his use of a leashed 14 year old girl as a fucking witch bloodhound!
So basically your average Trent Reznor video.

So basically your average Trent Reznor video.

Yes, but they gave it a plot and stretched the craziness out to 40 minutes a week, so that's just better all around.

And seriously, Lucy Lawless must actually bathe in the blood of beautiful young women to look this fucking good.

You know what'd be crazy? If Lawless and her son were time displaced versions of Mary and her psycho kid.

I could believe it. And I'm loving crazy blood ritual witch hunter John. He just decided "fuck it, I'm done being reasonable" and is now just killing people willy nilly.

Just started the third episode. This scene between Cotton and Anne is quite good, where they're bonding.

Kevin

I watched like the first four episodes of season one and while I loved the atmosphere and creepiness, it felt a little slow and sometimes even a bit boring.

Does the show get better with quality? How is season 2 so far? Should I return to Salem?

Tash

I watched like the first four episodes of season one and while I loved the atmosphere and creepiness, it felt a little slow and sometimes even a bit boring.

Does the show get better with quality? How is season 2 so far? Should I return to Salem?

Definitely picks up later on. I found it kinda slow as well and if it weren't for the shock effects I probably wouldn't have really stuck with it but I am glad I did. It's gotten really good. Season 2 is much less about just politics and babble and more about the characters and their interactions and growth, imo.

Loakum

Banned
I thought I'll never say this, but I can honestly say this season's Salem is better than this season's Game of Thrones! By an wide margin, in fact! So much happened in this episode....man! Where are the good guys? lol

Wilsongt

I thought I'll never say this, but I can honestly say this season's Salem is better than this season's Game of Thrones! By an wide margin, in fact! So much happened in this episode....man! Where are the good guys? lol

Anne is as good as it gets lol

Also, that dinner party revelation... Lucy Flawless <3

The devil in the mirror a few episodes was scary as fuck. I think it might have something to do with the weird look it had on its face.

Also, does anyone think we're going to see that doctor come back from hell at some point?

Loakum

Banned
Wow, what an season finale! Salem had an amazing season! Everybody in that town is soooo fucked up! I'm curious to see how far are they willing to go with the son/mother story. That can make for some interesting viewing! Salem had the best season, when compared with this season's Penny Dreadful, and Game of Thrones.

This is almost certainly the last season, right? With WGN's newer series getting much better ratings anything else would have to be a huge shock.

Is anyone still watching this?

I stopped early in Season 2, and I just tuned into the Season 3 premiere on TV, and...

this show got fucking more messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom