• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
cGvWrTg.png

09Xgeup.png

FcP9etl.jpg

TPfUozK.jpg
Thank you very much. :)

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
When asked about why he refused to layoff anyone at the company:

"I sincerely doubt employees who fear that they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world"

What a guy.

Kunan

Holy fuck this is so tragic. I've never felt like this about a celebrity death before. It's so weird to think that there will never be another Iwata Asks, nor another legendary E3 video with him, nor another Nintendo Direct led by him. He's been such a warm personality in this industry, and an example of someone who has lived the dream and gone through all levels of what it means to make games. It's a truly sad day to see him go, especially so young :(

Baroni9

RIP. He was a huge influence on so many great games. I remember loading up Animal Crossing so many times just to play Balloon Fight.

lileli

I'm devastated. ....I never thought I would cry over him but I'm so heartbroken. God he was so young and last words are just too much for me to bear.

What the?! :(

Damn, so sudden, I had no idea it was that serious, I thought things were continuously saying he was getting better...man :(

Thanks for everything, and most recently the Iwata asks with the guys of Xenoblade Chronicles X was a great read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom