• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Latest RE7: Pat, just fucking shoot the boss. It's clearly a boss. Shoot it.

Also him continually trying to get the chainsaw when there's a giant chain link fence in the way makes me want to just scream.

Why did he stop shooting the shotgun? Was he taking Jack's line about guns not working literally?

Also him continually trying to get the chainsaw when there's a giant chain link fence in the way makes me want to just scream.

Why did he stop shooting the shotgun? Was he taking Jack's line about guns not working literally?
Pat's super paranoid about using ammo in this game. He's okay with depleting his health items by the end of that fight, because he didn't use much/any ammo.

Anung

Un Rama

The fence bit got me too. Had a grimace on my face the whole time. Sometimes these guys overthink things to the point that it makes them actually stupid.

Dark Souls Chapter 22 - So erm... The spear's not very reliable huh...

And good job on Woolie genociding the race of bagheadmen, you monster.

The fence bit got me too. Had a grimace on my face the whole time. Sometimes these guys overthink things to the point that it makes them actually stupid.

Remember Evil Within?

Edzi

The sad part is, we know they're not stupid based on their earlier material. I think it's just general apathy towards their content.

Oh, and the curse of double blind LPs.

I Keep trying to forget their worst LP.

Excuse me

I liked it a bit, it was the first LP I saw of them

Lol I don't think RE7 is a game they need prior knowledge of to LP. Besides a few moments of frustration.

And double-blind means more "WHOAAAAAA in Unison" moments, which RE7 has aplenty

Strimei

9iKSFmu.png

Perfect.

(From the Conan Exiles machinima episode)

ArjanN

Lol I don't think RE7 is a game they need prior knowledge of to LP. Besides a few moments of frustration.

And double-blind means more "WHOAAAAAA in Unison" moments, which RE7 has aplenty

This, although Pat going so hard on the survival elements that it's actually detrimental is still dumb. it's a modern video game on normal difficulty, as long you're not actively shooting at walls you'll have plenty of ammo/health items, there's not really much need to make extra runs back to the save room either.

Anung

Un Rama
This, although Pat going so hard on the survival elements that it's actually detrimental is still dumb. it's a modern video game on normal difficulty, as long you're not actively shooting at walls you'll have plenty of ammo/health items, there's not really much need to make extra runs back to the save room either.

He should be playing madhouse if he wants it feel like actual Resi in terms of item management. Probably enjoy it too but it might not be great for LPing.

The sad part is, we know they're not stupid based on their earlier material. I think it's just general apathy towards their content.

Oh, and the curse of double blind LPs.

Or maybe because it's hard to talk and make entertaining videos even when you do it for a living? And we've seen Pat overthink shit before so this isn't terribly surprising?

Strimei

I don't blame Pat for not using a gun on Jack, I mean Jack says guns won't work and he's shown how he can basically shrug it off. Game pretty much just says "don't bother". What's the problem?

The game also locks the only non-gun option behind a cage for a bit, so I think it's reasonable to assume you should shoot him for a little while. Guns do work against him, they just take a bit to be effective.

Strimei

The game also locks the only non-gun option behind a cage for a bit, so I think it's reasonable to assume you should shoot him for a little while. Guns do work against him, they just take a bit to be effective.

That is true, though my line of thought would be to use environmental stuff (I mean, they introduce those kickable body bag things for a reason) to cheese him off enough to open it instead of using ammo, anyway.

Fat4all

Banned
I've got 20 vacation days and 20 sick days right now.

I should pull a Matt in March and just spend the whole month playing Zelda.

Pat's "I shit a candy bar all over my couch and I'm about to burst into tears" story will never get old. He can keep retelling it in the nursing home to pretend the real thing doesn't happen on a daily basis

Yeah its pretty fucked if you aren't prepared. Was stuck there for an hour

It's hard, AND my desire to continue erodes because...ewww
the birthing noises...

sjay1994

Pat's "I shit a candy bar all over my couch and I'm about to burst into tears" story will never get old. He can keep retelling it in the nursing home to pretend the real thing doesn't happen on a daily basis

It's hard, AND my desire to continue erodes because...ewww
the birthing noises...

*GARGLING SOUNDS* echo throughout the house

Strimei

I shouldn't be surprised, but apparently one of the later episodes of Minecraft Story Mode involves Youtubers.

Somehow I didn't expect it to stoop so slow, but of course it does.

There's another barrel strapped to the bottom of this one.

I'm actually really kind of excited to see how other Youtubers react vs Pat and Woolie. I think that could be a magnificent trainwreck.

sjay1994

Every time a Minecraft episode comes out I just say under my breath "should've done borderlands". We could have watch them get excited at
Cowboy Bebop Dialogue choices, finger gun death matches, and QTE's requiring you to do the input for a Hadoken

But I shouldn't let that set in.

Frimaire

The problem I have with the minecraft story LP is that I can't help but at least kind of follow what's happening and what the characters are saying.
Then I got back to listening to Pat and Woolie after they've been on a tangent for like 15 minutes and I have no idea what they are talking about.
It's hard for me to follow completely unrelated audio as well as the video.
Maybe I should just try cutting the video part out and listening while I'm on gaf or something...

sjay1994

The problem I have with the minecraft story LP is that I can't help but at least kind of follow what's happening and what the characters are saying.
Then I got back to listening to Pat and Woolie after they've been on a tangent for like 15 minutes and I have no idea what they are talking about.
It's hard for me to follow completely unrelated audio as well as the video.
Maybe I should just try cutting the video part out and listening while I'm on gaf or something...

Its basically listening to the podcast with on headphone, while listening to some movie in the other. Its very hard to keep track of, unless you are actually watching the screen.

Fat4all

Banned
I just put the Minecraft LP on while playing Binding of Isaac.

Every time Pat and Woolie are quite for a moment and I hear Patton Oswalt or Brian Posehn I get a little sad.

Hunter x Hunter is so firmly in the category of shit they're wrong about. I've been going through the 2011 show and am nearly done with Chimera Ant and it's been fantastic.

Skrams

Hunter x Hunter is so firmly in the category of shit they're wrong about. I've been going through the 2011 show and am nearly done with Chimera Ant and it's been fantastic.

Still really fucking unclear if Woolie has only watched the 90s show or the '11 show or what. I'm still so lost. Like yeah, I'll cut you a break if you watched the 90s show since I've heard the comparisons somewhat, but how did you fuck that up.

Moaradin

They would probably love a lot of the shit in that show too. They just need to get over the initial hump they have with it.

Buckle

Every time a Minecraft episode comes out I just say under my breath "should've done borderlands". We could have watch them get excited at
Cowboy Bebop Dialogue choices, finger gun death matches, and QTE's requiring you to do the input for a Hadoken

But I shouldn't let that set in.
Seems like they're going to play every Telltale game but Borderlands.

Fat4all

Banned
I think one of the things I like about the DS LP is how hands-off Pat has been, considering.

Like, if they had done the DS LP 1 or 2 years ago, Woolie would of known everything about Blighttown and it's two entrances before even stepping foot there.

In relation to how it could've been, I'm really liking it a lot.

Top Bottom