• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarves in Games: New Tech or No, Pathetic?

fernoca

Yeah. First thing that came to mind was Shinobi...and is not in the main post. :p
Heck, during previews all they talked was about the scarf and the animation and how they put that much care into that. :p

Randdalf

Does this count?

bestpcgames-dota2-windrunner.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah. First thing that came to mind was Shinobi...and is not in the main post. :p
Heck, during previews all they talked was about the scarf and the animation and how they put that much care into that. :p

Sorry, one ninja per OP. GAF rules.

Yeah, I know dude. There were just too many ninjas in the OP. I had to keep up the diversity a bit, you know?

He's on my scarf list though, and he was actually the first one on the list for the OP! But I don't know, Strider vs Shinobi scarf action in one post would be waaaayy too dangerous.

Neki

If a scarve turns into piece of clothing or accessory, do we define it still as a scarf?

So a scarf that turns into a cape, or into a shirt, or into a hat, would those all be considered scarves?

calling Teknopathetic for his moody insight about scarves, I hope he doesn't shuffle away from my question

Finaika

Yeah, I know dude. There were just too many ninjas in the OP. I had to keep up the diversity a bit, you know?

He's on my scarf list though, and he was actually the first one on the list for the OP! But I don't know, Strider vs Shinobi scarf action in one post would be wayyy too dangerous.

Shinobi's scarf is far more iconic than Ryu Hayabusa's. Heck I didn't even know Ryu has a scarf.

injurai

Banned
Scarf
noun
1. Long broad strip of fabric used to cover head shoulders or neck. Used for protection, warmth or cultural reasons.
2. Fashionable clothing piece that is also functional.
3. Omg, My character is so unique with this scarf.
4. OMfg look at our awesome physics engine + all of the above.

Shinobi's scarf is far more iconic than Ryu Hayabusa's. Heck I didn't even know Ryu has a scarf.
That's the point! There's a hierarchy of scarves sir. You can't throw two scarves of greatness into the same ring. That would result in nothing but the absolute destruction of the entire universe.

Or so I hear.

So, I throw in one low tier scarf to whet the appetites, is all. And to save the universe.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Still some scarves missing. How the hell did we all miss this guy?

6114.laharl.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Then there's this girl, sort of touched on but her scarf is bigger than any of those penguins...

1865001-173165_large.jpg

Robots with scarves=awesome:

382027-orpheus_fullsize_large.jpg

And can't forget the big game series gets on the scarf fad too.

Tetra_(Phantom_Hourglass).png

Also notice: All of these scarves are red.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Still some scarves missing. How the hell did we all miss this guy?

Then there's this girl, sort of touched on but her scarf is bigger than any of those penguins...

Robots with scarves=awesome:

And can't forget the big game series gets on the scarf fad too.

Also notice: All of these scarves are red.

This man has good taste in scarves.

CorvoSol

Yja7C.jpg

I can't believe you didn't put in the biggest scarf wearing bad-ass of all time.

Seriously. I would have thought THIS to be the very first image I saw upon entering the thread. I mean, Isaac is cool and all, but Protoman has got to be like, the most famous if not the oldest scarf wearer in all of gaming.

Azure J

Makes a scarf wearing game character design thread
Manages to post an OP lacking Makoto (SFIII:3S) and Protoman
But manages to give props to the best VG scarf wearing character there is in Strider

I'm so conflicted right now. :lol

Solune

Blizzard

Banned
How many of these games besides Journey came out in 2011/2012, though? Is there truly a new scarf trend, or have scarves merely always been there?

shaowebb

This thread needs to become a photoshop scarves onto characters to make them cooler thread soooooooo much. Cmon Vega! Time to accessorize!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
How could you forget to put Luka in the OP? Dude had a fucking SCARF.

LukaVigrid.jpg

526px-4041952780_4d2f0f6154_o.jpg

I mean just look at that stylish mother fucker.
This post made me lol :D

"Scarf" is one of those words that sounds ridiculous if you keep saying it... scarf scarf scarf... What the hell does it even mean?

In the same vein as the Battlefield one:

256px-Modern_Warfare_2_cover.PNG

The guy on the MW3 cover has one too, but since it's more of a silhouette, it's not as distinctive.

Also, amazing topic is amazing.

Galang

Banned
How could you forget to put Luka in the OP? Dude had a fucking SCARF.

526px-4041952780_4d2f0f6154_o.jpg

I mean just look at that stylish mother fucker.

Love the concept art!

I think scarves are cool, I have a bad habit of adding scarves to most things I draw... they usually look nice to me. I like pretty much every character in this thread because of them too :p, so can't blame the designers for adding them.

Top Bottom