• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarves in Games: New Tech or No, Pathetic?

Don't forget about Kitten!

c45def53-s.jpg

If not for her scarf, I'd have no goddamn clue whether I was upside down or not!

Scarves will always be more practical, and more stylish than having a billion belts/buckles/zippers.

I dread the day japan decides to have a scarf with belts, buckles and zippers on it.

Neki

ITT: People don't know the difference between a bandana and a scarf. Apparently anything worn around the neck = scarf.

If you're always wearing a bandana around your neck, is it still a bandana?

or:

If a scarve turns into piece of clothing or accessory, do we define it still as a scarf?

So a scarf that turns into a cape, or into a shirt, or into a hat, would those all be considered scarves?

calling Teknopathetic for his moody insight about scarves, I hope he doesn't shuffle away from my question

Ya know what, I never really noticed how many video game scarves I like. My favorite is my namesake's, Viewtiful Joe. Some people call it a cape, but look how long, narrow, and majestic it is!

viewtiful-joe-20070914043058775_640w.jpg

That's a pink scarf, baby. Only the most Viewtiful of people can get away with that. We, as humanity, now have a goal, and we should print out this picture to go above our exercise bikes and desktops as inspiration.

IrishNinja

everybody's giving OP shit for not having Drake, or their favorite lesser-known character in the OP, but you know what?

he gave Hiryu his due. that's the real metric of this thread's success.

Negator

I never realized scarves were so prevalent in video games. I'm actually kind of shocked that this has not come up before!

Neki

you guys love Shinobi too much.

broaden your tastes and learn to apperciate greater scarves than just shinobi's.

Neki

I think you need a game where you run a scarf store, where you design and sell new scarves to generate revenue to make even more scarves and open a bigger store

it'd sell like gangbusters!

I think you need a game where you run a scarf store, where you design and sell new scarves to generate revenue to make even more scarves and open a bigger store

it'd sell like gangbusters!
I think we just need more scarf in more games in general! Scarves don't need to be built into just shop type games. They need to be put in everything! Think of the possibilities!

Shawl of Duty: Modern Scarfare
Scarf-face: The Movie: The Game
The Legendary Scarfy
Scarf Fortress
Scarvest Moon: Fabric Farming
Rag Shawl Kung Fu
Star Neck: Scarfleet Academy
NASCARF 2012
Super Smash Bros. Shawl

The list goes on and on...

Top Bottom