• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarves in Games: New Tech or No, Pathetic?

Joule

Akihiko's winter outfit from P3.

x411E.png

I can't think of any official scarf + ear muffs wearing character right now though. Dat winter combination.

Grymm

Banned
This thread has taught me that 99.9% of scarves in gaming come from Japanese games.

Japanese games... well, you know the rest.

Solune

I think you need a game where you run a scarf store, where you design and sell new scarves to generate revenue to make even more scarves and open a bigger store

it'd sell like gangbusters!
Sounds like you want... Recettear: Tales of Scarves. Speaking of Recettear
louie.gif

Akihiko's winter outfit from P3.

http://i.imgur.com/x411E.png

I can't think of any official scarf + ear muffs wearing character right now though. Dat winter combination.
Look at this handsome man, god damn.
GAF is such a fail. The original Scarf God.

Hattori Hanzo. Samurai Showdown/Spirits.

http://www.oocities.org/rainforestwind/hattori_hanzo_iga_clan_02.jpg
And his counterpart.
u46qB.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zhao Yun in Dynasty Warriors also rocks a pretty hardcore scarf

Scarves with armor > Scarves on regular clothes

Neki

Scarf helps to give life to animations since hair and cloth physics on clothes is difficult to work with.

it'd explain the great diverse between scarf physics and hair physics.

scarves > hair confirmed

I think we just need more scarf in more games in general! Scarves don't need to be built into just shop type games. They need to be put in everything! Think of the possibilities!

Shawl of Duty: Modern Scarfare
Scarf-face: The Movie: The Game
The Legendary Scarfy
Scarf Fortress
Scarvest Moon: Fabric Farming
Rag Shawl Kung Fu
Star Neck: Scarfleet Academy
NASCARF 2012
Super Smash Bros. Shawl

The list goes on and on...

My favourite is Super Smash Bros. Shawl. Imagine a scarves physics fighting game!

BHZ Mayor

I think you need a game where you run a scarf store, where you design and sell new scarves to generate revenue to make even more scarves and open a bigger store

it'd sell like gangbusters!

I think we should get together and make a game where the main character's powers are based around the scarf they wear. You would equip different scarves in order to solve puzzles, or defeat certain enemies, or survive certain environments. For example, you could have a yellow scarf that makes you immune to electric attacks, a blue scarf that enables you to breathe underwater. Maybe a scarf that enables you to jump higher or a scarf that increases physical strength. Or a scarf that works like a grappling hook or a hookshot.

Dariee

I think we should get together and make a game where the main character's powers are based around the scarf they wear. You would equip different scarves in order to solve puzzles, or defeat certain enemies, or survive certain environments. For example, you could have a yellow scarf that makes you immune to electric attacks, a blue scarf that enables you to breathe underwater. Maybe a scarf that enables you to jump higher or a scarf that increases physical strength. Or a scarf that works like a grappling hook or a hookshot.
I'm seeing an improved remake of Ocarina of Time here.

But that's not really a scarf?
Rather a headband.

Scarves are cool as hell, but really impractical. In most of the situations those characters deal with, a scarf would either be like a target or a dangerous clothe to have (I cringe whenever I see a character with a scarf around mechanical parts).
Keffieh/Shemagh scarves are cool though, and practical (on the condition they are worn correctly). I liked how Nathan Drake used his. Also, every military shooter that takes place in a sand environment.

Top Bottom