• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA's new Vita campaign is a #gamechanger

Maedhros

It's not like we don't market our good products for friends, huh? Of course, since Vita is doomed, we have to spin it as a bad thing and laugh.

Rvaisse

It´s a cheap way to get your customers doing your job Sony ! You are lazy.
Never forget you sell expensive electronic devices not Tupperwares ...!

Plenty of stuff have a referral programs... Direct TV, WoW, etc...

What's the big deal?

I don't understand it either, at first glance I thought it was just a generic sales pitch and then I read NeoGAF who has decided to read into this well beyond any comprehension.

It's kind of the reaction the Vita gets in general so it's not totally unexpected.

It's been said plenty of times in this very thread: this kind of campaign is common for a subscription-based service, but is exceptionally rare for a physical product. If Sony were doing this for PS+, no one would raise an eyebrow.

SirNinja

Convincing a friend to buy a Vita? Fairly easy (he's a huge fan of Persona 4, and Golden is basically his dream game).

Convincing a friend to pay $60 or $100 for a decent-capacity memory card (enough to hold all the PS+ games with some room to spare)? That's the impossible part.

The Vita needs a price drop, and the memory cards need a price space-dive.

Riddy

Is anyone else having trouble putting in their PSN ID on the registration page?

"Unable to verify your PSN ID, please verify your entry and try again"

I know mine is right...

Is anyone else having trouble putting in their PSN ID on the registration page?

"Unable to verify your PSN ID, please verify your entry and try again"

I know mine is right...
The link can only works on those who received the email. Aka Sony already choose who can help them market the vita :p we are not good enough for Sony.

Oh i waa yold that the info its in the fineprint of the email btw.

Riddy

The link can only works on those who received the email. Aka Sony already choose who can help them market the vita :p we are not good enough for Sony.

Oh the info its in the fineprint of the email btw.

LAME :|

PS: If anyone wants a referral, hit me up...

maltrain

Promotion ends february 28th if I'm not mistaken.

It's clear for me Sony will announce a price reduction on their Playstation Destination event in february or in the first days in march.

They are selling the Vitas in stock now for renewing them in that month.

It's clear for me Sony will announce a price reduction on their Playstation Destination event in february or in the first days in march.

So Sont want to destroy friendship? Imagine a price drop of 50 or even 20 after your friend persuaded you to buy a vita. Sure you have 20psn but real $> space bucks.

Did anyone mention the 3DS ambassador program yet? Wasn't that basically this, except you got 20 free (old) games instead of a psn card? OOOOOO does this mean imminent $80 price drop?

It's not impossible, but seems unlikely that they would cut the price at the very end of the current fiscal year.

Did anyone mention the 3DS ambassador program yet? Wasn't that basically this, except you got 20 free (old) games instead of a psn card? OOOOOO does this mean imminent $80 price drop?

Those 20 games were for people who bought the 3DS before the price drop, not for advertising to your friends.

What about people who are bad in convincing to the matter does the exact opposite, I'm guility of such. Whenever I recommend something to anybody they stay away from it like it was a plague, don't know why but this always happens.

Sera O

Banned
Okay, so all 'vita now like amway, but more dead' joking aside, how does someone actually take advantage of this? Is this available in Canada?

Okay, so all 'vita now like amway, but more dead' joking aside, how does someone actually take advantage of this? Is this available in Canada?

Unfortunately it's U.S. only. :/

Open to legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C., 18+ who receive notification directly from Sony Computer Entertainment America addressed specifically to him/her.

If anyone got a vita recently and wants to do this, send me a PM. I'm in the referral program.

NfoRcEr

Neo Member
Random thread necro, but I was wondering if anyone ever heard anything back on this promotion?

I logged in and it says 1 was approved, another was denied and a 3rd is still pending, but that my referral period is over...

Even if it's just $20 bucks, I definitely wanna make sure Sony follows through on this!

Jomjom

Banned
Just got mine too. Hopefully people that used my referral code got theirs!

Also does everyone else's homepage for the referral site say that the contest ends 5/10/13? Seems like they extended it? I still have lots of referrees with "Successful - Pending" status.

Top Bottom