• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA's new Vita campaign is a #gamechanger

I dunno, on one hand I want to just say "lol Vita", but I suppose this is a fairly efficient way of getting people to market for you. Granted the impact will probably be minimal, but Sony barely had to do anything to get the ball rolling anyway, and likely have a bigger, proper advertising push in the pipeline (right, right!?)

I won't put Sony down for trying to sell their product. However I do find it funny. (I bought a Vita and play it a lot GAF)

Sony do whatever you can.

Keyouta

prwxv3 said:
they need to also need to drop the price of the memory cards.

I really wished they would have went with SD cards over their proprietary Memory Sticks, the prices are crazy, even on a discount.

kitsuneyo

Remember that Vita is the most insane handheld gaming system ever. This email makes sense in that light.

(Actually the shared reward idea is pretty common, Sky TV used to do it in the UK, they've just presented it in a very odd way.)

Convince your friends to buy a PS Vita system.

Hardest game Sony's ever made right here.
This may help,

ibqPP7basOXXrg.gif

I want to see the Vita succeed, whatever they have to do. I guess I'm crazy... It's an amazing system with so much potential, and I just don't want to see it fail without a push.

MechaX

One of my best friends is a die-hard Sony fanboy (who swore up and down that Playstation All-Stars would be the second coming of Christ), and I couldn't even convince him to get a Vita.

Welp, I failed your mission, Sony.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A part of me want to laugh due to how desperate this sounds.

A part of me want to feel pleased about this due to how stupid Sony handles Vita (proprietary memory card, stupid Content Manager, etc etc etc)

A part of me want to feel depressed due to the fact that I have Vita and want to see it flourish.

Now I am not even sure which part of me that I want to win, heh.

Olly88

To people talking about referral promotions from other companies, I agree it's quite a common thing to do, but IMO the reason people find this funnier than the other ones, like the XBL one for example, is that most of them are usually just pretty brief along the lines of, "Tell a friend about us and get extra content/points/whatever! Interested? Click here!"

But this seems over the top with the whole, "This is your mission!" and the overuse of the word "convince". Makes it seem like a big task instead of just a nice little bonus.

It's just a referral. A lot of sites and products do it. Hell we convince our friends to do stuff we're doing all the time. "Hey X come play Y with me. It's Fun" "Ok"

Everything in life is referable. Amazon users referrers too, technically your TV is a referrer as well. "Hey I produce visuals in 1080p buy games and devices that output at that resolution, It'll look awesome."

Pretty normal, Sonys just breaking it down n easy for the people that haven't seen it that way.

khaaan

Sorry Sony. Had you made this.offer before that last Nintendo Direct I might have been swayed. Now it'll be atleast till E3 before I get one.

Until they play it and realize that game is hard as fuck. I like the series, but there's a reason it couldn't sustain real popularity.
Hmm, is it? Similar to Wipeout HD?

I was obsessed with the first three Wipeout games, then they were terrible until HD, but HD was stupid frustration. And not in a fun challenge way, more like, ugh, I'll go back and play Wipeout 3 way. But boy, was it a beautiful game.

Sky Chief

I don't really see how this is such a bad idea. It makes sense to me. I was not that interested in the Vita until they had the Amazon Black Friday deal.

Well my Vita has quickly become my favorite gaming console and it really seems like most Vita owners love the device. I really feel like its something you have to experience personally before you realize how cool the device is and how much fun it is.

For this reason Vita owners are by far the best salesmen.

Of course, it is still desperate as if the device was selling well this would be unnecessary but I think it is a clever outside the box idea by Sony. Still a price cut is needed soon.

Also, people need to look up what a pyramid scheme is, this is not even close.

Agent X

Sigh. How did Amazon make that Assasin's Creed Vita bundle happen over the holidays? Figure that out, and do that Sony.

Yes, I'd say that was a glimmer of brilliance for them. They just need to keep doing that throughout the year, rather than a few brief days in November.

I was obsessed with the first three Wipeout games, then they were terrible until HD, but HD was stupid frustration. And not in a fun challenge way, more like, ugh, I'll go back and play Wipeout 3 way. But boy, was it a beautiful game.

There's a gradual progression in difficulty, but overall it plays and feels more like Wipeout HD than most of the other Wipeout games. If you've got PS3 Wipeout HD, then you're even entitled to download that game's content into Wipeout 2048. It's an amazingly well produced game.

gkryhewy

There's a gradual progression in difficulty, but overall it plays and feels more like Wipeout HD than most of the other Wipeout games. If you've got PS3 Wipeout HD, then you're even entitled to download that game's content into Wipeout 2048. It's an amazingly well produced game.

I found it enormously frustrating about the first batch of circuits. Sudden difficulty spike to stupid, too fast for a handheld levels.

And after that game, Sony shut down the entire studio!
And not at the fault of the studio. Look how many people are interested in the game after I post that GIF? How many people were interested in it before release? Sony's poor marketing not only for the game but the Vita as well ------> Poor WipEout sales ------> Clearly must be Liverpools fault, shut them down.

:(

Not really hard, you just have to start out at the right speed class and understand what air brakes are for. If you start out on the max speed class and only use the analogs then you can expect yourself to hit the wall all day long.

The game needs an actual tutorial, but I'm not too sure that would of helped either. People are accustom to "Press X to videogame" type of games and think they don't need tutorials, then when they get suck at a game at first it's obviously the games fault.
Ok, I'm being way too harsh :p

Top Bottom