• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scenes in movies that give you the feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falling from his hand.

3473704115_e9bd9efcc2_m.jpg

Piggus

The last half-hour or so of Return of the King is just 30 minutes of straight feels. Still my favorite film of all time.

LastNac

Damn GAF, you made me proud. A lot of moments listed that get me in the feels. I would like to add three personally.
PDVD_013-1.jpg.html

"I thought I lost you, boy!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvcpFTLZwrU

Luke-Targeting-Computer.jpg

Before the rise of the Midi-chlorians the Force always seemed like an analogy for self empowerment. It wasn't a matter of Blood cell count but instead how much someone was willing to believe in their self. I still love the trench run because it symbolizes that the improbable is still within reach. I've never blown up a Death Star or thrown a lightsaber but there are times where I have doubted myself, trusted my abilities, and succeeded. In these moments Luke Skywalker is real.

Also, dreams and what it takes to achieve them.
binary-sunset-o.gif

Finally, there is no single piece of entertainment that means as much to me as Jurassic Park does. It encapsulates much of what I am as a man and all that I was as a child. I still tear up when I hear the theme. Seeing this scene is still powerful.
jurassicpark.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg

Cyrus_Saren

Like many others have said: Up Intro
End of Toy Story 3
There are a few scenes so I'll just say Wall-E
The ending to The Fox and the Hound

Pro

Armageddon

armageddon-bye_610.jpg

Honestly the only scene i can ever remember getting honestly choked up from. Pretty emotional scene.

Also this scene

Mentioned that scene in the previous page, it's bloody awesome :-D.

What I find interesting how the same thing can affect people in different ways. For example I know tons of people that bawled their eyes out when Optimus Prime died in the 80's Transformers cartoon movie....... I just didn't care enough to. Yet on the flipside when He-Man was in strife in The Secret of the Sword I was devastated!!

Dumbo and Bambi strike a chord with me, yet I was not as torn up as others with what happens in The Lion King.

I still giggle at a friend's reaction (he cried like a baby!!!) while watching Free Willy... I was like - SERIOUSLY ?

The Iron Giant and Grave of the Fireflies strike at me emotionally which is amazing considering they are cartoons.

TEJ

The most recent feels I got was in guardians of the galaxy

Spoilers yo.

Rocket Raccoons drunk scene. came out of nowhere. also the scene where AINT NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH plays Rhomann Dey of the nova corps sees his wife and kid after thanking quill for helping save them.

Choomp

Banned
Life is Beautiful, major spoilers:
Roberto Benigni's character is marched off and killed, still pretending that the whole concentration camp deal is a game to entertain his son. His son rescued in the liberation and is reunited with his mom.

Life is Beautiful, major spoilers:
Roberto Benigni's character is marched off and killed, still pretending that the whole concentration camp deal is a game to entertain his son. His son rescued in the liberation and is reunited with his mom.

Jesus christ, this

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
Toy Story 3 - the incinerator and ending

LOTR Return of the King - Sam carrying Frodo at Mt. Doom, Aragorn's coronation, the Grey Havens

Schindler's List - "how many more could I have saved" paired with the survivors

Ayumi

Cool. I believe they have a statue of him there as well?

I knew about the recording, but didn't know that somebody had uploaded it to YouTube.
Yeah, outside Odate Station. It's a shame most people don't know about it, because it's a very important part of Hachi's story.

Ishida

Banned
I will add another one.

Back to the Future Part II, when Marty discovers that his dad has been killed in the alternate timeline, and he finds his grave. Such a powerful scene, especially for us that grew fond of George in the previous movie. BTTF II was BRUTAL.

Oakparkcemetary1.jpg

Every time I see this scene, my eyes wet. =(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQxmJ-XeFNU

(Forget about the last part of the video, they just used footage from another movie).

El Odio

Banned
I've seen The Green Mile mentioned already but it's the seen when
John finally gets to see a movie on his last night alive. Just the entire innocence of his character absolutely moves me.

TEJ

Grenade scene in The First Avenger.

Sums up the character. Regardless of the overall opinion, absolutely loved the movie. This scene is what cemented it, and why he is my favorite superhero of all time.

I honestly think it's the second best individual film of MCU phase 1 after iron man, it gets a lot of hate but I love chris evans earnst sincerity that he puts into the role. I am also so glad that hayley atwell is getting her own show.

The action was ehhhh, they really improved on it in the sequel. I love the main theme of the first avenger along with the WW2 era style art. i'm also a fan of the star spangled man.

it felt like a fun retro throwback movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom