• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scenes in movies that give you the feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein Bear

I just watched Her last night.

The scene where Samantha leaves destroyed me. The whole movie is incredibly sad really, since you know the relationship is inevitably doomed.

Rflagg

Lots of movies get me in tears, but at the end of A.I.artificial intelligence I had zero tears left, that shit needs a warning to not watch alone.

"Thanks!"

"Thank you!"

N5bBmkU.png

Gets to me EVERY-FUCKING-TIME.

I went something like 8-10 years without watching the original BTTF (it was never on tv, in Australia only BTTF part 2 was replayed constantly because of the future scenes being "cool"). I watched it for the first time in ages when the trilogy dvd set came out in the early 2000's. I legitimately teared up when Marty
Returns back to 1985 only to witness Doc being shot again, thinking he is too late with Doc's "dead body, only to discover he was wearing a bullet proof vest".
. So I "forgot" that Part 2 and 3 existed and legitimately thought that Marty had failed. Tears of sadness became tears of joy.

element

dancer-in-the-dark-2000--02-630-75.jpeg

Dancer in the Dark (ending)

Seriously. I've saw the movie once. My friend and I bawled.

pixar-up-intro.jpg

Up (Intro)

Went to a Pixar Master Class and they showed us a pen storyboard with original piano music for this sequence. Just as powerful in that state.

wendy3.jpg

Wendy & Lucy

Serious. Dogs.

1rHP7BF.jpg

Shawshank Redemption
Brooks leaving
and committing suicide

This movie has tons of powerful scenes, but this is one that you can't help but feel for Brooks.

1383674630565-sad.gif

Love Actually

Jamie learns Portuguese and goes to Aurélia to profess his love for her to find that she has learned English.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Inception "Disappointed" scene.*

*This is best watched in the context of the movie. It's a pay-off to an earlier moment in the film, and it's cut between other scenes that make no sense without having watched Inception.

good one for sure...

for me...
Fellowship of the Ring - "Fly, you fools"
Fellowship of the Ring - "I would have followed you, my brother. My captain. My King...."
Return of the King - "The journey doesn't end here..."
Iron Giant - "You are who you choose to be..."

Most recently, Guardians of the Galaxy when Quill
finally opens his mom's gift
which really was not something I expected from this movie

hepburn3d

Dammit GAF. Too much feels for a Monday. Now my chest hurts and I need to pretend I'm an emotionally stable man.

photo-31.jpg

This hurts me to think about. Every time I watch it I want a different ending but I never get it.

RytGear

Not a film but ending for the 10th Doctor.

"I don't want to go"

That and the scene with Rose where they are in parallel universes and on the wall.

Why did I click this thread!?!?!? This is worse for me than those damn spider threads!

Eyes still full of tears, must stop clicking on links that I know for a FACT will do this to me. You monsters!!! :(

Corpsepyre

Banned
Ellem Burstyn's monologue in Requiem For A Dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq0W-L1KKPg

Other than the performance being off the charts, the scene is very personal to me and quite relatable. Always gives me the feels.

From what I've heard, the cinematographer broke down at the part where she says 'I'm old'. I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm a sucker for heavy feel, melodramatic, bittersweet shit. I was also summoned here by MikeHattsu via Twitter :p There are spoilers in my post but, whatever, read at your own risk. Also, all anime films. dealwithit.webm

----

5 Centimeters Per Second's ending

The ending of The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Ending of Wolf Children

Three of my favorite movies, and I love them all for the reasons you posted. 5 Centimeters per Second is some powerful stuff.

Adding a bit more to the Shinkai train, I've always loved Voices of a Distant Star. Can't get through it without at least some moisture in the eyes!

Mxrz

Conan the Barbarian has a few. The one at the tree of woe, and Subotai comes over the dunes. Conan's "then to hell with you," and the whole ending. The score really made the movie.

The end to For a Few Dollars More as well.

The rape and suicide scenes in Scum.

The Wall – When the Tigers Broke Free.

To a lesser extent, the ‘bite the kerb’ scene in American History X. The small scraping sound of his teeth on the concrete.

Nodnol

Ah man, this thread...

Lots of the ones I would have mentioned have already been posted.

A couple come to mind;

The stampede scene in The Lion King.

The end of Titanic. Jack waiting at the top of the stairs, the clock set to the time of the sinking/iceberg strike (can never remember which one it is).

Sow9HnK.jpg

f65l9SW.jpg

damn you toy story 3

Dear God. The incinerator was intense, but the end scene between Andy and Bonnie wrecked me hard. I was tearing up like crazy, but then "thanks, guys" burst the dam. My wife asked me if I was crying and all I could muster was that finger-thumb sign for "little bit".

My addition: I know it's cheesy, but I still get goosebumps when Captain America leads the rescued soldiers back into camp the The First Avenger. You go, Cap.

Toy Story - 'Falling with style - ending' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIsFg3FSpEQ

This one just really gets me. In a complete parallel to the beginning of the movie where Woody and Buzz dislike each other, with Buzz uttering 'to infinity and beyond' and Woody telling Buzz how he was just falling in style, to see them say the opposite to each other but in a positive way, is beautiful to see, as you can see how their friendship has evolved. Not to mention
the rocket going up and 'will they make it?' completely bypassing the truck and straight into Andy's car.
It's all too much and I love it.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

The ending gets me, with the music from the first film in the background, the slow zoom and seeing them all smile. More nostalgia than anything as I grew up with the movies but a great way to end it.

Toy Story 3 - Everything from the dumpster scene up until the closing credits. I end up in bits.

Forrest Gump throughout although mainly the end.

The Shawshank Redemption, everything from the tunnel scene to the beach scene.

Saving Mr. Banks, where Walt
visits P. Travers house in London and tells her that lovely story about him delivering papers in the snow and how the Disney company loves to share stories
(just noticed Tom Hanks is in a lot of these - weird coincidence but I do love him)

Back to the Future 3 - Doc "Your future is what you make it, so make it a good one" (words to that effect, can't remember the quote word for word)

Hundreds and hundreds more but those that are at the top of my head. Basically anything Pixar has done bar Cars 2.

gerudoman

The Green Mile is a really moving movie, but my favourite scene is
Delacroix's execution. The way he dies, and all after Percy reveals him than the mouse circus is nothing but a white lie. What a massive cunt, I swear I've never felt so much hate towards a fictional character ever again.

But nothing beats One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest's ending for me. Can't believe I'm the first one to mention it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiOzfyliNzE

Fliesen

[

1383674630565-sad.gif

Love Actually

Jamie learns Portuguese and goes to Aurélia to profess his love for her to find that she has learned English.

This. This Movie pushes my buttons so perfectly that i bawl my eyes out at this climactic scene. Thats why my girlfriend forces me to watch it Every year because she loves seeing my in emotional shambles...

I love it so much...

Oh and of course Forrest Gump.

Nokterian

Fucking love this movie.

Andy did like he was told; buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit-smelling foulness I can't even imagine- or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields; just shy of half a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom