• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scenes in movies that give you the feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of Schindler's List where the actors walk with their real-life counterparts to Schindler's grave.

If we include TV, the Why We Fight episode of Band of Brothers.

"I'm not hungry."

-Po, Kung Fu Panda

Not an example of sadness. That whole dumpling scene and especially that line makes me grin like an idiot every time. Might be because of my own fatness.

giphy.gif

8194585629_bbe100fdda_o.gif

the music and subtle nod to alfred its superb.
tumblr_inline_n5qg7t9pu61rczb2b.gif

tumblr_meqrkweSIc1rik7eyo2_500.gif

Man the feels in this scene enough said.
tumblr_m6nhbkz1mZ1rp6f1no2_500.gif

Meet joe black for some reason i love this movie and the grim reaper actually feeling sad had me speechless.

EBE

just yesterday i was watching Galaxy Quest and was surprised i got a little emotional during the scene where tim allen's character has to explain to malthesar or whatever that he lied about who he is.

That part in Man Of Steel where Superman comes out of the wreckage and the soldiers have their guns pointed at him but realize he is on their side and they lower their guns as he walks out and that commander guys looks at him and says he isn't their enemy.

The scene in Galaxy Quest when the aliens find out that the commander they've been putting all their hopes in to is just a phony actor. I hate movie situations where people believe in something and are let down by the person they put their hopes on.

just yesterday i was watching Galaxy Quest and was surprised i got a little emotional during the scene where tim allen's character has to explain to malthesar or whatever that he lied about who he is.

Wait whaaaaat I swear I didn't read this before posting. Respect

The scene in Galaxy Quest when the aliens find out that the commander they've been putting all their hopes in to is just a phony actor. I hate movie situations where people believe in something and are let down by the person they put their hopes on.

I think more impressive is how they managed to take one of the funniest, silliest jokes in the movie and then repeat it in this genuinely badass, emotional way.

That movie's a fucking masterpiece.

Plus, here's The Life Aquatic scene.

EBE

Wait whaaaaat I swear I didn't read this before posting. Respect

well thats a coincidence. i just think its a rough thing to see or have happen to oneself. it works in that movie specifically because of its otherwise cheerful/funny tone.

I think more impressive is how they managed to take one of the funniest, silliest jokes in the movie and then repeat it in this genuinely badass, emotional way.

That movie's a fucking masterpiece.
ooh that scene as well. damn good movie. hadnt seen it in years.

Azulsky

Eh Im a softie so the list would be very long.

Someone needs to get Grave of the Fireflies out of the way so ill go ahead and do that now. Just the whole movie is one emotioncoaster to feelstown.

I've never cried from a movie but one of the few times I came close was back in highschool when some substitute teacher had us watch Hardball with Keanu Reeves.

FILE+Pitch+Baseball+Films+Thru+Years+DSqe9UyjbLNl.jpg

This scene pretty much had a class full of ghetto as fuck kids in tears.
Spoilers Obviously, don't watch this if you want to see the film. http://youtu.be/xrgGccehkKY

SalvaPot

Dog movies shouldn't fucking count, that is the equivalent of kicking my balls, of course I will tear up.

With that out of the way, the intro scene of UP.

tumblr_mafcnhLCIb1rg75iao1_400.gif

Plaque Dogs was such a emotional downhill from start to the end.

8YQYATdKT6EksyQ86Om70aboDdhHaDdWz_m-JMmIwozJlaOgmB1j71V18xb2YT974KxePqQYKR2jq__sovXAH00KXrdp6gUBAHo-PEWkSJt6MdZg4TF-=w320-h240-nc

The movie would have been so much more cheerful if the dogs would have just died at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom