• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scenes in movies that give you the feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

99664-sad-eve-holds-wm7fth.gif

tumblr_mqqe811gcj1sa5wddj9.gif

ItIsOkBro

Warm Bodies
when R protects her by diving off the skyscraper
I am Legend
when Will Smith puts down the dog
Matchstick Men
when Nic Cage realizes he's been conned

vikki

The office scene from Dead Poets Society. When Mr. Forman hears something downstairs and goes to investigate.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I'm a sucker for heavy feel, melodramatic, bittersweet shit. I was also summoned here by MikeHattsu via Twitter :p There are spoilers in my post but, whatever, read at your own risk. Also, all anime films. dealwithit.webm

----

5 Centimeters Per Second's ending

A sea of memories flood back, set to Masayoshi Yamazaki's "One More Time, One More Chance". The whole movie, set in three parts, tells the story of a boy's strugle with what is likely his first love and with nearly all first loves, dealing with that strange emptiness as it seems the world conspires to end that love. In the first act, we seeour protagonist struggle and work for that first love, only to eventually be separated beyond all contact by the widening maw of distance and time. In second half, we see him struggle to cope with the feelings of powerlessness, emptiness, and obliviousness that all seem to follow young adults. And in the last act, we his depressed, anxiety ridden state as an adult in the real world, plauged by a series of poor relationships that don't match this ideal in his head of the girl he lost long ago...and then on a chance meeting at the traintracks of his youth, he gets the split opportunity to see the love of his past, only to be taken denied by the trains that have so long hindered him. When the trains pass, she's gone...but he's okay. He's moved on. He's let go.

The montage (set to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKiFlKFFgpc) two thirds into Saint Young Men

The whole movie has seen roommates-on-vacation-to-Earth Jesus and Buddha (yes, that's right) bizarre, but lighthearted interactions with the people around them, from all walks of life. But then they seeming disappear for but a moment, and we see, in the soft light of a sunset, the hole the people feel they left behind, missing who they were and the brightness they brought.

The ending of The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Our heroine has been a strange coma throughout the later part of the film, yet has been able to witness reality vividly while asleep. Her childhood friend comes and rescues her after years apart, sacrificing all to fly him and her comatose body to the strange tower reaching into the sky, trying to fulfill a childhood promise he made to take her there, as well as wake her up. She's fallen in love him while dreaming and witnessing everything but when he breaks the tower holding her in her dream, she awakes, still in love with him, but she can't recall why, the memories fading like a dream you no longer remember.

Ending of Wolf Children

We see the two titular wolf children, the last of their kind, struggling to figure out where they belong, and their single mother, trying desperately to hold their strange little family together. She's witnesses them struggle to fit in and even deal with each other. Her daughter works well in human society but her son struggles to understand, everyday spending more time in the wild, and she's faced with a tough choice but makes one with a strong face: she lets them choose their own happiness, wherever that is.

Most of The Green Mile, but particularly the scene where Bubba heals the woman's cancer. Always chokes me up.

And Marley and Me...for obvious reasons.

The intro to Up. If that shit doesn't make you feel something you're dead on the inside.
Have to agree. Never before has a movie hit me so hard at the beginning than this did. It goes from sweet to heartbreaking instantly and the music says it all for the scene.

Sow9HnK.jpg

f65l9SW.jpg

damn you toy story 3

tumblr_lby6fmxe2C1qbvk7po1_400.gif

Iron Giant Superman scene

Dammit, getting tears in my eyes now. Pixar really knows how to do it. Had me crying in the theater when I saw Toy Story 3. I grew up with those characters much like Andy did and that whole movie was emotional. Love that movie.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
too many to count, movie number is in the thousands. Let's just cite a random one, Earth Angel scene in BTTF, just fantastically synched, uplifting, romantic

Hindle

Banned
Shawshank Redemption starting from Reds monologue.

Baz Lurhmans Romeo and Juliet was well shot as well, with the role reversal.

Up's introduction, of course.

The "Thank you" scene in Back to the Future.

Gladiator's "Go to them."

The disassembly of HAL in 2001.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Spoilers for the ending of Scream
I liked the part where the guy is like "you cut me too deep!"
Always gave me feelings

Hindle

Banned
The Usual Suspects as well, obviously.

"The greatest thing the devil ever did was to convince people he didn't exist, it's my guess you'll never hear from him again, and like that he's gone.

Basketball Diaries - Leo screams out to Winston going thru his withdrawls.

Forest Gump - Forest (kid) imitating his mom's sexual gratification at his soon to be principal. Forest dancing skills with his leg braclets on it.

TMNT: The Movie - Ralph got home late enduring splinter's speech, Ralph getting his azzzz kicked on the roof by footclans soldiers.

Misery - Katy Bates brakes Paul's ankles.

m3r4

Dufter Typ taking lurking to the next level
FILTH gets you real good - or at least it got me... when the movie ended, I was a fucking wreck.

Synecdoche New York's second half.

Requiem for a Dream, obviosuly.

I can't even point out single scenes, the entire movies are just a huge feel fest.

just yesterday i was watching Galaxy Quest and was surprised i got a little emotional during the scene where tim allen's character has to explain to malthesar or whatever that he lied about who he is.

Not the saddest scene I can think of, but this waws really the part of the film where it went from ordinary parity to hitting me right in the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom