• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scientist Reflects on Dolphin Sex: "it never occurred to me not to do it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jun/08/the-dolphin-who-loved-me

Like most children, Margaret Howe Lovatt grew up with stories of talking animals. "There was this book that my mother gave to me called Miss Kelly," she remembers with a twinkle in her eye. "It was a story about a cat who could talk and understand humans and it just stuck with me that maybe there is this possibility."

"There were three dolphins," remembers Lovatt. "Peter, Pamela and Sissy. Sissy was the biggest. Pushy, loud, she sort of ran the show. Pamela was very shy and fearful. And Peter was a young guy. He was sexually coming of age and a bit naughty."

"Human people were out there having dinner or whatever and here I am. There's moonlight reflecting on the water, this fin and this bright eye looking at you and I thought: 'Wow, why am I here?' But then you get back into it and it never occurred to me not to do it. What I was doing there was trying to find out what Peter was doing there and what we could do together. That was the whole point and nobody had done that."

Carl Sagan, one of the young astronomers at Green Bank, paid a visit to report back on progress to Frank Drake. "We thought that it was important to have the dolphins teach us 'Dolphinese', if there is such a thing," recalls Drake. "For example we suggested two dolphins in each tank not able to see each other – and he should teach one dolphin a procedure to obtain food – and then see if it could tell the other dolphin how to do the same thing in its tank. That was really the prime experiment to be done, but Lilly never seemed able to do it."

"Peter liked to be with me," explains Lovatt. "He would rub himself on my knee, or my foot, or my hand. And at first I would put him downstairs with the girls," she says. But transporting Peter downstairs proved so disruptive to the lessons that, faced with his frequent arousals, it just seemed easier for Lovatt to relieve his urges herself manually.

For Lovatt it was a precious thing, which was always carried out with great respect. "Peter was right there and he knew that I was right there," she continues. "It wasn't sexual on my part. Sensuous perhaps. It seemed to me that it made the bond closer. Not because of the sexual activity, but because of the lack of having to keep breaking. And that's really all it was. I was there to get to know Peter. That was part of Peter."

THIS STORY HAS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE SHIT I'M SORRY CARL SAGAN AND JEFF BRIDGES AND DOLPHIN SEX AND NASA AND LSD HOW CAN ANYBODY SUMMARIZE THIS GO READ IT DAMN.

Sexploitation-Hustler-mag-001.jpg

Branduil

Can NASA fund a thread title in legible English? I'd support that terrorist law.

There's moonlight reflecting on the water, this fin and this bright eye looking at you and I thought: 'Wow, why am I here?' But then you get back into it and it never occurred to me not to do it.

i0dOJihE5O1q0.gif

Derwind

"I allowed that," she says. "I wasn't uncomfortable with it, as long as it wasn't rough. It would just become part of what was going on, like an itch – just get rid of it, scratch it and move on. And that's how it seemed to work out. It wasn't private. People could observe it."

airplane_robert_hays_ted_striker_sweating_profusely-e1378390057378.png

BumRush

I'm confused but I think, no HOPE, it was just manual stimulation (i.e. masturbation), not intercourse. The article was sort of strangely written and didn't just say "then Lovatt let the dolpin's rock hard phallus inside of her vagina for the first - but certainly not last - time" like it really should have...

I don't know why these two paragraphs aren't in the op

"Peter liked to be with me," explains Lovatt. "He would rub himself on my knee, or my foot, or my hand. And at first I would put him downstairs with the girls," she says. But transporting Peter downstairs proved so disruptive to the lessons that, faced with his frequent arousals, it just seemed easier for Lovatt to relieve his urges herself manually.

"I allowed that," she says. "I wasn't uncomfortable with it, as long as it wasn't rough. It would just become part of what was going on, like an itch – just get rid of it, scratch it and move on. And that's how it seemed to work out. It wasn't private. People could observe it."

nomis

So if she just jerked off a dolphin to "scratch his itch", then why is it hypothetically able to "get rough"?

Brakke

Banned
Agreed, could a mod come in and make the title so much better?

I messaged someone.

Y'all're looking this gift dolphin in the mouth though.

How is this not everything you need to know:

There's moonlight reflecting on the water, this fin and this bright eye looking at you and I thought: 'Wow, why am I here?' But then you get back into it and it never occurred to me not to do it. What I was doing there was trying to find out what Peter was doing there and what we could do together. That was the whole point and nobody had done that."

gutshot

In "Blackfish" you can watch Sea World trainers jerk off a huge orca whale. I think this is just something that these scientists have to do from time to time. Although this lady did seem to take a strange sort of pleasure in it.

faced with his frequent arousals, it just seemed easier for Lovatt to relieve his urges herself manually.

PH0HG.gif

No Love

Banned
Putting on a dolphin suit and going to my local swimming pool... any GAF'ers wanna come jerk me off? For SCIENCE?

Wynnebeck

Banned
So she got to be the Dolphin's hand-girl and then she began to fall in love with him? Still a better love story than Twilight.

riotous

Banned
So she manually relieved a dolphin with her hand?

People do this all day every day to get semen from breading animals.

Calling it "sex" is a bit misleading.. don't ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom