• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Roto13 said:
Yeah, the DLC trophies aren't syncing to my profile either. Kind of glad I'm not a trophy whore.

It's still a bummer, though. Two dollars for one character who isn't too different from the others, a crappy dodgeball game, and a versus-mode that I can't use because there's no online multiplayer mode. At least let me boost my e-penis a bit. It's not a big deal, but that gold trophy was a bit of a pain.

kai3345

Banned
Was online co-op ever added to this?

I'm thinking of picking this up but whether or not online co-op has been added is probably going to make or break my decision,

Rikyfree

kai3345 said:
Was online co-op ever added to this?

I'm thinking of picking this up but whether or not online co-op has been added is probably going to make or break my decision,
Sorry, just local co op.

MjFrancis

The 400 MSP sale was all I needed to pick this up.

I still haven't gotten around to playing this yet, though, primarily because of the local co-op situation. I would prefer to play this with at least one other person my first time through, just like the old school beat 'em ups. I'm not dismissive about the lack of online co-op, either, since playing with randoms is a crapshoot to begin with.

kai3345

Banned
MjFrancis said:
The 400 MSP sale was all I needed to pick this up.

I still haven't gotten around to playing this yet, though, primarily because of the local co-op situation. I would prefer to play this with at least one other person my first time through, just like the old school beat 'em ups. I'm not dismissive about the lack of online co-op, either, since playing with randoms is a crapshoot to begin with.
WHAT

When was this? is it still on?

Played this at a friend's house on PS3 this past weekend.

Patch really fixed things up in terms of some of the "old school" bullsh*t the game originally threw at you.

Question: Does the 360 version also support pick-up and play using guest profiles? Meaning, you don't need more than one account on the system like the PS3 version?

Thanks.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Played this at a friend's house on PS3 this past weekend.

Patch really fixed things up in terms of some of the "old school" bullsh*t the game originally threw at you.

Question: Does the 360 version also support pick-up and play using guest profiles? Meaning, you don't need more than one account on the system like the PS3 version?

Thanks.
What did it fix specifically? I beat the whole thing before the patch and never had issue with the combat.

BobTheFork said:
What did it fix specifically? I beat the whole thing before the patch and never had issue with the combat.

There was just a lot of bullsh*t with hit priorities and cheap shots, ala Final Fight and games that it felt Scott Pilgrim was trying to be all "retro" about. When in the year 2010 it's just bullsh*t and there are more competent beat'em ups like Ikkitousen Xross Impact and every other Musou game.

From the press release they balanced out the difficulty of the normal difficulty setting.

Though my initial impressions were based off the demo. My first impression of the demo was it was a piss-poor poseur RCR.

I still find the music to be an aural abortion.

However playing it again this weekend has changed my opinion of the game and if it goes on sale again I may pick it up as I endorse sprite based games, even if they're awash in hipster stink and some misguided nostalgia for bad game design.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The XBLA version DID get a patch a day after the Knives content came out. It HAD to, for the content wouldn't work before the patch released.

All the difficulty fixes stuff should have released at that time (I wasn't bugged by anything that seemed overly cheap, so I can't say if the fix was truly effective personally), as well as the ability to drop in / out in the middle of gameplay.

So just started playing this game on PS3.

How can my girlfriend (player 2) save her progress? Just create a new user on my PS3 and have her log into that one?

I loved this game but it has one problem. It's way to easy. Even with a fresh character on the hardest difficulty its still a breeze. Wish there was a DLC harder option.

User33 said:
I can't believe this game slipped past my radar. A River City Ransom clone set in my home town with tons of retro video-game references? Almost my dream game.
You're not alone. SPvsTW was one of my favorite flicks last year and wouldn't have had any idea that this game existed without the bump.

I had $7 in my PSN account to blow. I saw this game in the summer sale for around $5 and went for it. I just beat the first level, and... Wow... This game is amazing. The controls feel tight and rewarding. The art is beautiful. Everything just feels right.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
I loved this game but it has one problem. It's way to easy. Even with a fresh character on the hardest difficulty its still a breeze. Wish there was a DLC harder option.

It was actually patched to be easier, because people complained about the initial difficulty.

:lol

conman

Seraphis Cain said:
It was actually patched to be easier, because people complained about the initial difficulty.
The problem isn't that it's "too easy" or "too hard." It's that the difficulty curve is out of whack.

Once you get enough money to start buying items, it gets ridiculously simple. But if you were to play through the game without ever buying a single item (like I mistakenly did the first time through), it'd be ridiculously difficult.

Rikyfree

conman said:
The problem isn't that it's "too easy" or "too hard." It's that the difficulty curve is out of whack.

Once you get enough money to start buying items, it gets ridiculously simple. But if you were to play through the game without ever buying a single item (like I mistakenly did the first time through), it'd be ridiculously difficult.
Yup, still a great game though. Great movie/comic tie in.

daegan

There's some strong dislike in this thread. Personally I love the game, but its not without its faults. That said it's $10 (or less during recent sales) and superfun when you have a friend or 3. Controls great on an arcade stick too.

First run I did in this game was on normal or something, but when a friend was over we played it start to end on hard and it was glorious, really good group game.

I need to go back to it, still have most of the dlc stuff to do as well as playing as some other characters.

Just got around to beating this game. I played single-player the whole time and still had a blast. I'm not all that accustomed to beat 'em ups and found the game to be pretty tough even on "average joe". Then I realized that there are shops in the background... That made a big difference. I had like $800 and never realized I could spend it. I bought a bunch of accessories and went up against the twins. It was amazingly easy. I worried that I just screwed myself, because that was seriously a breeze and took some of the fun out of it. Thankfully, Gideon was next, and his level was a gauntlet. Took me a few tries to finally beat him.

Really fun game. For $5 it was really amazing.

Toppot

Everyone should buy this game in my opinion. I'm not a beat um up fan but the art style and music is so charming and awesome. Fun to play through and challenging with replayability for difficulties and different characters. Can't really recommend the DLC though, doesn't add a lot.

Been posted a lot in the thread but for those looking anew this is the best music in the game and all the other music is almost as awesome, my favorite soundtrack of any game since Shatter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWjgkqIfr_8

Toppot

SystemShark said:
On sale on XBLA for 400 points again for those that missed the sale a year ago.
Also now on sale for EU PSN at £3.99 or 4.99 euros, for 2 weeks. Plus comes with the DLC thrown in.

Can't recommend it enough ^^^^

Just bought this for 4e, liked the demo when it came out. But this game is pretty awesome, I love River City Ransom and this is, well.. RCR. Just the kind of game I wanted.

Owensboro

Hey! This game is free on PSN+ (if you have an account). I'd say free is a pretty worth while amount to try this thing out. Plan on giving it a spin.

Top Bottom